1 Bucket Lister & Oldest silver!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
01-22-2017, 06:35 PM
1 Bucket Lister & Oldest silver!
Quote this message in a reply
I never thought I'd ever find one of these! I think it's some sort of Real, but what kind I don't know. I do know it's 177???? maybe a 9 or a 2. It'll be my oldest silver coin find. It's thin as paper. Gave me a nice tight high tone on the AT Pro with the digital bouncy between 78 and 81. Was only around 4 inches down in that area where I'm pulling up old buttons and had previously gotten an LC and Canadian 1/2 penny. Wasn't jumping for joy about it. Happy sure. My lower back and legs were killing me about three hours in when I did find it. Scoured the area pretty good after that and then headed back to the truck around 4 pm. Weather was gorgeous for January but that's changing this week. This coin was in the rough and overgrown sapling area around 20 feet from the bridle trail. It was pretty muddy too. I took a towel with me and it's a wreck. From playing dodgems with wild roses, raspberry bushes and saplings of all sizes I'm bushed. Work again tomorrow so I'm signing off!

Have fun out there Guys and Gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
01-22-2017, 06:39 PM
RE: 1 Bucket Lister & Oldest silver!
Wow sweet find Ed I think I'd pee myself id I pulled that out of the ground!

Cladjunky From Cleveland Mooning
Makro Racer with 7x11 coil
F75 with 11 inch and 15 inch coil DST
RT6DETECTORS.COM for the best deals!
AT Pinpointer and Lesche 31 inch
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-22-2017, 06:47 PM
Great find Ed yes a lot of the time they are thin - but sweet congrats

Steveo, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jun 2013.
01-22-2017, 06:56 PM
CONGRATS ED! That's an awesome find for your area, I knew it was a matter of time until you pulled something amazing. And I'm glad it's your first reale! I looked at it zoomed in for about 5 minutes and looked at a 1772 and 1779 on google images and I can't make it out. Maybe you can determine by looking at examples and at your coin close up. But either way, it is for sure a half reale from carlous the 3rd! Congrats again, you deserve it man!
Btw, I just pulled my oldest reale yesterday and now you got this, it's funny how finds work. Usually always happens!
Best of luck and happy hunting!!!YesYesBeerBeer

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
01-22-2017, 07:01 PM
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2017 07:02 PM by Ron (CA).)
WTG Ed!! That is a REAL for real! Congrats!

Glad to see you spelled it right as well!! LOL
01-22-2017, 07:39 PM
WOW! Yep, that's Spanish silver. I have a few that are "slickers", but yours is in better condition. When they're worn you can actually bend them they're so thin. I believe that to be a half variety. Surprised nobody said banner. Don't know about anyone else, but I'm impressed, and that'll go up top. Congrats, Ed.

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
01-22-2017, 07:46 PM
(01-22-2017 06:56 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote:  CONGRATS ED! That's an awesome find for your area, I knew it was a matter of time until you pulled something amazing. And I'm glad it's your first reale! I looked at it zoomed in for about 5 minutes and looked at a 1772 and 1779 on google images and I can't make it out. Maybe you can determine by looking at examples and at your coin close up. But either way, it is for sure a half reale from carlous the 3rd! Congrats again, you deserve it man!
Btw, I just pulled my oldest reale yesterday and now you got this, it's funny how finds work. Usually always happens!
Best of luck and happy hunting!!!YesYesBeerBeer

WTG Ed!! That is a REAL for real! Congrats!

Glad to see you spelled it right as well!! LOL

Ron, I was wondering what the heck you were talking about, but maybe you're being a bit harsh? I know it was meant in jest, but others mightn't Happy

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
01-22-2017, 07:57 PM
Great job Ed! That Spanish silver will look awesome on the banner. I'm sure it looks good in your finds display. Come to think of it with all of the great finds I have seen you make in the short time I have been on here your finds display would be cool to see anyway.
   I hope to see many more great finds posted by you.
Pat

Digsit, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2016.
Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.
01-22-2017, 08:17 PM
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2017 08:24 PM by Ohio Dirt Fisher.)
Thanks Joe! And Zach, Ron, Steveo, Clad!

I'm pretty sure that if I tried I could bend it. I'd heard they were pretty thin but I didn't take it too seriously. Now I'm a believer! That area up there is pretty old and this one coin proves it. I'm going to listen a little more carefully next time I'm up there. I may be passing them up!

Thanks Pat! Actually my display for coins is a big wooden Cigar box! I'd thought about making a shadowbox display from an old clock, but handing a guest a 2 pound box of silver coins is a lot more impressive! (And I'm pretty lazy too!)

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
01-22-2017, 09:54 PM
Nice going Ed. Old silver is always a great find regardless of condition.

Gerry

Gerry F, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2014.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Does this qualify as a Bucket Lister??? Ohio Dirt Fisher 3 210 06-11-2017 07:35 AM
Last Post: Kajunman
  Bucket Lister & 1907 V!!! Ohio Dirt Fisher 5 308 06-04-2017 06:50 PM
Last Post: MichiganRelicHunter
  One for the bucket list Kajunman 5 333 06-02-2017 08:25 AM
Last Post: Kajunman
  #16 BUCKET LISTER!!! <-1854-> Seated Quarter!!! Ohio Dirt Fisher 12 723 05-30-2017 11:33 PM
Last Post: Gerry F
  2 bucket listers and new oldest silver + more Zachbl92 14 1,208 01-31-2017 08:13 PM
Last Post: RelicMedic

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)