#13, Wheats, Bird Band, Harmonica Reed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
02-23-2016, 08:30 PM
#13, Wheats, Bird Band, Harmonica Reed
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2016 08:31 PM by Ohio Dirt Fisher.)
Quote this message in a reply
Good day today but an awfully long one. Hit a park real early, way North of me, and found one wheat and enough bottlecaps to make a scrapper rich!!! Left and went back to the area I found those last two Mercs at and thought it was going to be a bust with just another wheat and a harmonica reed. Tooled through the grass on my way back to the truck and got stopped in my tracks by this real tight high tone that would only hold a 28 and 29 for a briefest moment. If it weren't for the tone I wouldn't have dug it. Turns out to be a 35 Merc with an old Jefferson nickel 1" away. That really made my day as I had been out for a total of 6 hours and was getting pretty beat. The next few days the weather is going down the toilet so I think I've got my fix in for the next week or so. We have been literally blessed by great weather and I'm hoping that in the next month or so we get a turnaround to full time Spring!!

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!!!

Ed/ODF

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
02-23-2016, 10:06 PM
RE: #13, Wheats, Bird Band, Harmonica Reed
Congratulations, Ed. Your hard work always pays dividends

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.
02-23-2016, 10:34 PM
ON FIRE ED!! Do you have a spidey sense for silver starting to think you can see through the dirtChuckle keep em coming Ed saweeeet silver slinger

Detecting is more than a hobby, it is a passion
02-24-2016, 11:55 AM
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2016 12:08 PM by Ohio Dirt Fisher.)
(02-23-2016 10:34 PM)scott demont Wrote:  ON FIRE ED!! Do you have a spidey sense for silver starting to think you can see through the dirtChuckle┬ákeep em coming Ed saweeeet silver slinger

Scott, I wouldn't say spidey sense but lucky for sure. That grass I spoke of is about 4 acres with 2 small ballfields.... and I've gone over it haphazardly about a dozen times going from the truck to the woods and back. That's the first time I've found silver in that grass area. But it has me wondering now. I think maybe when the weather gets better I'll grid it out and start looking for the iffy signals like that Merc showed. Although I have dug a good deal of clad out of the area, yesterday I was so tired I passed up clad dime and penny signals because the tone just wasn't there. This one was too high and too tight to be iron or clad. Just a teeny little spot about 1/2 inch square and the Merc along with the nickel was only at a depth of about 4 inches. So if there are any more silvers there they were missed simply because of that mixing of signal. The place has been hammered to death. I meet fellas who have done it years in the past with White's and Garrett's and they cleaned up pretty good. Doesn't mean that they covered it all though, as proved by that little silver yesterday and the woodsy two the prior day. I think spidey sense could be better described as persistence and knowing your machine. And just for publicity I may apply for a marriage license because I love my SE Pro!! Chuckle

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
02-24-2016, 01:03 PM
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2016 01:03 PM by updownup.)
Holy cow Ed! You sure know how to find them. I often wondering if you and others could find that much silver around Florida. From what other longtime Detectorist told is No, not that amount. It has to be there to find it, and florida had few establishments. Anyway, I know you put a lot into it, and your finds are well deserved. You have a way of making us want to move!!! Thanks for sharing and adding so much details to you posts. Those tips really help us. Thanks again. GL HH!

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
02-24-2016, 06:53 PM
Nice finds ed! Beautiful merc, looks new! Grats on #13 and your other sweet finds YesYes

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
02-24-2016, 09:41 PM
Ed, you are a legend lol. You can sure find the silver! !

RelicMedic, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Nov 2014.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Nice Old Sterling Fork, IHP, BIRD BAND! Wheats! Ohio Dirt Fisher 7 140 10-12-2017 10:08 PM
Last Post: Ohio Dirt Fisher
  10k gold band leo aranza 4 117 07-22-2017 08:24 PM
Last Post: Ohio Dirt Fisher
  Lost wedding band found ohioturkeyhunter 6 134 07-18-2017 07:26 AM
Last Post: Kajunman
  King of Bird Bands Speaks! Ohio Dirt Fisher 13 907 03-26-2017 08:59 PM
Last Post: RelicMedic
  AVISE Bird Band, Pepper Spray! Ohio Dirt Fisher 7 538 09-13-2015 06:25 PM
Last Post: NjNyDigger

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)