#51, Buff and Bullets Galore!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
09-25-2016, 08:15 PM
#51, Buff and Bullets Galore!
Quote this message in a reply
Went back to the six pack silver Boy Scout area where I found the camping utensil set, the compass and the pocket knives and decided to start doing the dried bog areas. Which btw were real easy to dig. Got a real good nickel signal intermixed with a silver dime signal about 20 minutes in and dug up a rough 1936 Buff. Checked the hole and up pops a 52 D Rosie. If you look at the one photo I'm fairly certain you can see that the Buff was sitting atop the Rosie by the circular shadow around FDR's bust profile. And for the next 3 hours nothing but bullets, headstamps and foil. I got this one on the Hero4 too but because it's the only real video thing I did, I'm holding onto it for the next video. I'm working out the "field use" bugs with the camera and now starting to shoot better video with less, "Ummms and ahs.". Although I can edit most of that out it's a real PIA!

Still beat and wrapping it up early tonight. The heat from last week really took a toll on me more than I expected. I'm also about 1 half full time guy short as far as staff is concerned so little old me is out striping fields in the heat to keep up to the schedules and get it done for the end of the week and the weekend game crunch. On top of equipment maintenance, schmoozing the brass and fixing the damn irrigation. As soon as the cooler weather strikes it'll be much more doable without drinking 6-22 oz. bottles of water in a shift. This past heat we had just saps my strength way more now that I'm older. That colder weather keeps me going like a bull all day! Chuckle

Have fun out there Guys and Gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
09-25-2016, 09:41 PM
RE: #51, Buff and Bullets Galore!
New finds posted on the forum have been scarce of late, so I'm glad to see you still plugging away Ed. I'm looking forward to your next video--hope it won't be too long in the making. The heat whips us all. I have spent my time outdoors this past week cutting up a big red oak that fell in a storm. No fun in the southern heat and humidity. You take care and we will both rejoice when the cool temps arrive.

shadeseeker, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
09-25-2016, 10:00 PM
(09-25-2016 09:41 PM)shadeseeker Wrote:  New finds posted on the forum have been scarce of late, so I'm glad to see you still plugging away Ed. I'm looking forward to your next video--hope it won't be too long in the making. The heat whips us all. I have spent my time outdoors this past week cutting up a big red oak that fell in a storm. No fun in the southern heat and humidity. You take care and we will both rejoice when the cool temps arrive.

Hey Shade. That next video is going to be a piecemeal of events that take place this coming week and today. And frankly, I've been down in your neck of the woods for work and to visit relatives in Fla as well. I have no idea how anyone can live through that kind of heat and humidity! It almost killed me when I did a stint in Montgomery about 25 years ago. But I can now definitely guess why you guys down south pace yourselves. Doing other would be suicidal! Course we shovel snow in jeans and a long sleeved henley with just a ballcap!Chuckle

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
09-26-2016, 06:56 AM
Nice finds Ed and I must agree hunting in the heat beats the crap out of you. But oh so cool weather on the way soon we will be clearing away the leaves and slush to check a high signal!

Cladjunky From Cleveland Mooning
Makro Racer with 7x11 coil
F75 with 11 inch and 15 inch coil DST
RT6DETECTORS.COM for the best deals!
AT Pinpointer and Lesche 31 inch
09-26-2016, 08:32 AM
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2016 08:33 AM by Digsit.)
Nice finds , it's great to see someone having the time to detect. I'm still living vicariously through you guys . It's hard to even call myself a detectorist anymore Sad
   I look forward to your video , especially now that the heat has broken.
HH
Pat

Digsit, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2016.
Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.
09-26-2016, 02:11 PM
Congratulations on the nice finds. Be careful out there in the heat. Thank for sharing.

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
09-26-2016, 04:13 PM
You've gotten a buffalo as well! Nice! Congrats on the Rosie too. Not to bad. Stay hydrated and best of luck out there!

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  #40, Silver ID Bracelet, Wheats & a Buff!!! Ohio Dirt Fisher 3 155 09-16-2017 09:30 AM
Last Post: Digsit
  Soccer & Buttons & Bullets! Ohio Dirt Fisher 3 251 04-25-2017 10:13 PM
Last Post: Ohio Dirt Fisher
  IHP, Bullets, A thingy?? & Nice Plated Spoon Ohio Dirt Fisher 7 423 10-20-2016 10:23 PM
Last Post: MichiganRelicHunter
  Buff, Jeff, Rosie, Bottle and a Bell! Ohio Dirt Fisher 7 535 10-13-2016 07:59 PM
Last Post: Ohio Dirt Fisher
  Wheats, V, Buff, Tokens Ohio Dirt Fisher 9 1,105 03-29-2016 09:48 PM
Last Post: Kajunman

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)