Find all posts by this user
01-05-2016, 05:21 PM
All Hyped Up and Ready to Go
Quote this message in a reply
If the snow goes and it warms up and thaws..............yeah right  Laughing

Any-----ways..........
Package arrived today.
9 days after being shipped from Russia.
Once again, excellent service from Igor at AKA.
Inside the box was a brand new Berkut 5 metal detector with two search coils.

.png  1452028808_berkutpix 1.png (Size: 131.27 KB / Downloads: 30)

.png  1452028866_berk5.png (Size: 152.39 KB / Downloads: 29)

Brand new version 5.17, with the English faceplate.
There has been a whole pile of enhancements and fixes done to the software since the 5.01 version I originally owned.

This is going to be fun.

Well have all winter to dissect its menus and operation again.
Once I do that I will be taking on the challenge of revising the English owners manual that Scott Hughey translated a number of years ago.

Some of the guys who own one of the older versions or going to get the newer version may get confused with a number of the translations in the manual.
Going to make the manual more understandable for us English speaking detectorists.

Nokta Impact, Deteknix Quest Pro,Teknetics Mark 1
Self built Mirage PI's --- they work great!!
Free Vintage Metal Detector Catalog Downloads, Tips, Mods
http://www.treasurelinx.com/home1.html
01-05-2016, 07:38 PM
RE: All Hyped Up and Ready to Go
Glad you got your new unit. I saw on an earlier thread about Christmas presents that you had this baby on the way. Hope you can sneak out and find a clear patch to do some testing and hunting. Can't wait to see what you turn up. Congrats.

shadeseeker, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
01-05-2016, 07:53 PM
Sven, glad you got that baby! Look forward to seeing all those finds!

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
01-05-2016, 09:52 PM
Glad to see you finally got your detector Sven! Hope ya can get out soon and test run it in the field.

The detector all around looks pretty sweet..how much did it run you if you don't mind me asking? Also, if you had to compare it to a known metal detector what would you say it's compared too?

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
01-05-2016, 11:25 PM
(01-05-2016 09:52 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote:  Glad to see you finally got your detector Sven! Hope ya can get out soon and test run it in the field.

The detector all around looks pretty sweet..how much did it run you if you don't mind me asking? Also, if you had to compare it to a known metal detector what would you say it's compared too?

Learning curve of a Minelab Explorer and a Whites V3.
Performance of an E-trac or maybe better, will see, definitely better on
gold than the Minelabs. Fly it like a single engine Piper Cub airplane or
blast thru the sky like a air force jet fighter.

Price wise, depends what coils you want with it. When the US dollar is high and the Russian Ruble is low, you get a better deal if you pay in Rubles thru Paypal.
Canadian dollar is low so it will cost me more than you guys in the US. Right now the Ruble is a lot lower in value than it was compared to the US $. Good time to buy if you want to play the Dollar vs. Ruble game.

To get a price, you need to contact Igor and what mention you want, he will set you up. "Rough estimate" depending upon model and coil package $800-1200 shipped to the US.

There are no dealers or distributors in the US and there will not be any time soon, the European market is plenty huge.......so there's really only a couple of sellers that will ship outside Europe. Igor is the direct link at the AKA factory as well as the Bulgarian distributor MikronBG. Any warranty issues, you would have to ship the control box and coils back overseas. Not really a big deal like many claim when buying machines from overseas. May cost more to ship and fill out one simple Customs form but, that's it.   Better stop now, starting to ramble on...LOL

01-06-2016, 12:18 AM
Nah, you were good. You could of kept going and I would of kept on reading! Great info and thanks for sharing Happy

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
01-06-2016, 05:19 PM
Good luck with it Sven! Would like to see how it compares with the other machines you mentioned.

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2016, 07:52 PM
(01-05-2016 11:25 PM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote:  
(01-05-2016 09:52 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote:  Glad to see you finally got your detector Sven! Hope ya can get out soon and test run it in the field.

Learning curve of a Minelab Explorer and a Whites V3.
Performance of an E-trac or maybe better, will see, definitely better on
gold than the Minelabs. Fly it like a single engine Piper Cub airplane or
blast thru the sky like a air force jet fighter.

Price wise, depends what coils you want with it. When the US dollar is high and the Russian Ruble is low, you get a better deal if you pay in Rubles thru Paypal.
Canadian dollar is low so it will cost me more than you guys in the US. Right now the Ruble is a lot lower in value than it was compared to the US $. Good time to buy if you want to play the Dollar vs. Ruble game.

To get a price, you need to contact Igor and what mention you want, he will set you up. "Rough estimate" depending upon model and coil package $800-1200 shipped to the US.

There are no dealers or distributors in the US and there will not be any time soon, the European market is plenty huge.......so there's really only a couple of sellers that will ship outside Europe. Igor is the direct link at the AKA factory as well as the Bulgarian distributor MikronBG. Any warranty issues, you would have to ship the control box and coils back overseas. Not really a big deal like many claim when buying machines from overseas. May cost more to ship and fill out one simple Customs form but, that's it.   Better stop now, starting to ramble on...LOL

I've seen that discussed on Tom's before. What's the deal, is it a depth unit, a speed unit, or a mix of both?

What machine hits your Canadian currency the best, Sven? I know a lot of guys up there can't even use units like Etrac's, F75's, and a bunch of other popular machines, because they don't hit too well on your coins.

What happens on repairs, if necessary, do they have an American rep?

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
01-07-2016, 09:55 AM
I've seen that discussed on Tom's before. What's the deal, is it a depth unit, a speed unit, or a mix of both?

What machine hits your Canadian currency the best, Sven? I know a lot of guys up there can't even use units like Etrac's, F75's, and a bunch of other popular machines, because they don't hit too well on your coins.

What happens on repairs, if necessary, do they have an American rep?

Joe
=====================================
Well, it works. Found gold the first 3x out. Its deep with the 6" coil, very pleasant tones. High customizable to personal tastes. It can be what you want it to be.
Very adaptable. Coil selection 3khz-25khz.  Most detectors are like girlfriends, you dump them after awhile, so to speak. The Berkut is the one you want to keep around and marry.

.jpg  1452174717_10.JPG (Size: 124.14 KB / Downloads: 11)
.jpg  1452174772_5.jpg (Size: 95.61 KB / Downloads: 11)    

It works very nicely with Canadian clad. Minelabs will tend to null on them as they are steel cored coins 5 to 50 cent pcs. Berkut is of the best when looking for modern Canadian clad. All depends upon the year's composition, they will bounce from a + number to a -21 iron number.

When hunting tones modes, you listen for the high tone that may briefly break thru the trash tones. If you hear it, you can usually isolate the target with a Minelab wiggle, then dig it.

There is no US dealer  distributor repair network. If one develops a problem, you ship it back to Russia. Not that expensive to ship a coil and control box. The Canadian Postal System sucks when it comes to cost. Cheaper to ship to the US and overseas than to ship from one end of Canada to the other end. You can ship First Class International 2.5lb parcel to Russia for $30.00. Priority Express about $70 thru the USPS.  Build quality is very high, I would say 9 out of a 10, I rank the Teknetics and Fishers about a 5. Just to give you an idea. They are built like Russian tanks. Haven't really heard about any AKA breakage issues. AKA does not cater to the US market, the European market is huge. I am sure there are some trade relation issues between Russia and the US so there may just be too much red tape to start any distributorship in the US. Buyers can usually have on in their hands direct from Russia or Bulgaria in 10 days. Americans tend to be all wound up and worry about warranty issues as a factor to buy or not to buy. I think this is because too many US and Asia rim country products tend to fail and need repair. When that happens repairs can come close to or exceed the cost of buying the item brand new again. Throw away products with a built in lifespan.................The guys at AKA take pride in the products they produce.

By the way the software in the detectors are upgradeable thru your computer, if you know what your doing, its a bit more than just plug the AKA into the computer and hit a  computer keyboard key........

The AKA machines are like driving a foreign sports car after you have driven a Ford Pinto. I gravitate to the overseas machines as I found US brand machines don't have much to offer me any more, bored with them. I am very happy owning a AKA and a DeepTech  detectors. They work for me.

If your bored with a US made machine, treat yourself to one of the number of European brand machines.

Attached is my basic ID chart I made up for the Berkut when it comes to gold rings, coins and trash.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  1452174563_BERKUT IDS.pdf (Size: 59.82 KB / Downloads: 2)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-07-2016, 11:45 AM
Nice gold!!! Looks like you've got a new mistress, lol. No, not bored at all with the U.S. products, though, admittedly, some work better for me, than others. As a coin hunter, I don't think anyone would be able to ever pry a Minelab from my hands Wink

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  T2 is ready to go!!! PittsburghWill 11 899 01-15-2015 06:45 PM
Last Post: NjNyDigger

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)