Armored truck forced off road in France and they stole the same amount of gold

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
12-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Armored truck forced off road in France and they stole the same amount of gold
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2016 08:53 PM by Bigtony.)
Quote this message in a reply
Crazy folks - same story with a twist - they ran the armored truck off the road and set fire to their cars to avoid detection. This happened in France - it was a story on Fox News (internet page and listed right above the story about the missing coins from the Central America that was reported earlier today by Shade.
I am not able to post a link for the story.

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.
12-14-2016, 12:25 AM
RE: Armored truck forced off road in France and they stole the same amount of gold
Those thieves were very brazen in their heist, as compared to the very cautious manner of the NC gold grab. Hard to figure who would plan a theft on a very busy highway in broad daylight, unless they were sure no police would be nearby. Still no arrests when I last checked.

shadeseeker, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
12-14-2016, 08:31 AM
RE: Armored truck forced off road in France and they stole the same amount of gold
Yeah, Shade that was a brazen robbery. To me it was like a wild west story, holing up a stage coach or a train, but we know those old west stories were embelished. This one in France was organized and well thought out to go to those extremes. It will be interesting to see if law enforcement can figure this one out.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-14-2016, 10:50 AM
Big Tony, I'm sure you "know" guys who "know" guys. And I'm certain you can drop a word on the street and find out who's really behind all of these heists, so who are you bullshitting posting all of these "mystery" robberies?! Chuckle Tongue

In all seriousness, as Shade said, this one sounds like more of a professional job. Planned, thought out...well executed. Unless someone on their crew has a big yapper, or flips on someone else, I doubt they'll catch those behind this. Might even be some form of an inside job. Either way, if it was a professional job, those flakes have already been melted melted down, and are somewhere on the black market now looking for a buyer Yes

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
12-14-2016, 01:37 PM
Joe, you are speaking of six degrees of separation, right? So you better invite me to a hunt the next time you go out or else......ha ha ha

I still like these stories - too bad it is theft but hey they are robbers and this is True Crime - so I listen and read about it and just wonder. I couldn't imagine what I would think if I did find a stash of robbery loot.......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  "Upside Down Truck" bulletbob 3 326 11-30-2014 09:54 PM
Last Post: Ohio Dirt Fisher

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)