Bounty Hunter quick draw II

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
09-25-2014, 08:01 AM
Bounty Hunter quick draw II
Quote this message in a reply
Maybe someone can help me My machine will detect and sound according to the different metals. I have a problem with the depth reader the metal can be on the surface and it will read 8 inches 6 inches an so on is there a way to calibrate it?

others have done it before me so can I
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-25-2014, 09:01 AM
RE: Bounty Hunter quick draw II
(09-25-2014 08:01 AM)samrussell Wrote:  Maybe someone can help me My machine will detect and sound according to the different metals. I have a problem with the depth reader the metal can be on the surface and it will read 8 inches 6 inches an so on is there a way to calibrate it?

Never used the Bounty Hunter brand before, but, does it say anything in the manual? I doubt there's a whole lot of calibrating you can do on that machine, as it's more of a turn-on-and-go unit. However...

Keep in mind that most detectors have a problem with the depth gauge being accurate. Of course, yours seems to be WAY off, in that it's registering surface stuff as six inches deep, which isn't normal. In a worst case, you will have to hunt by tone/ear, which is what you should be doing anyhow, as most meters tend to lie. If you hear a loud signal, the target is nearer to the surface. A softer, fainter hit is obviously more indicative of a deeper target.

How high are you swinging the coil above the ground? Some people swear it's low to the ground, when in reality it's not. If you're able, you should be lightly scrubbing the surface of the ground with the loop, if you're on a grassy surface. If you're in rougher terrain, try keeping the loop steady, and as close to the ground as possible without scuffing it. Oh...

If you are hunting on grassy type places, is the grass high? If it is, it might explain why you're getting these depth signals that are way off. Could also be the size of the targets under the soil, too.

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
09-25-2014, 09:44 AM
As Joe said, make sure while your sweeping the coil you are keeping it as close to the ground as possible, when testing the depth of the surface object, where you raising the coil from the object or sweeping directly on top. the BH is a fine machine and will surely get you going finding stuff, but again the size of an object can greatly alter the depth reading, one thing i always do when purchasing a new machine, is hit google and watch as many videos as i can and soak up as much info as i can find, you will learn a great deal about your machine prior to getting out and maybe getting frustrated.

also just wanted to add, to make things much much easier if you have not already picked one up, i would recommend purchasing a pin pointer to assist in locating your finds in the hole. otherwise it can be a little tough and frustrating locating your find.
the are some great pointers, but not all are the same, also when getting a pointer, i would take the plunge and go with a really good one such as the Garret Pro Pointer, TRX, minelab pro find, to name a few, it WILL make a world off difference in the field.

i look forward to checking out those awesome finds real soon, good luck out there,
and always... Happy Hunting .

BONES ...
09-27-2014, 11:54 AM
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2014 11:58 AM by rockhunter005.)
(09-25-2014 09:44 AM)IndianaBones Wrote:  As Joe said, make sure while your sweeping the coil you are keeping it as close to the ground as possible, when testing the depth of the surface object, where you raising the coil from the object or sweeping directly on top.  the BH is a fine machine and will surely get you going finding stuff, but again the size of an object can greatly alter the depth reading, one thing i always do when purchasing a new machine, is hit google and watch as many videos as i can and soak up as much info as i can find, you will learn a great deal about your machine prior to getting out and maybe getting frustrated.  

also just wanted to add, to make things much much easier if you have not already picked one up, i would recommend purchasing a pin pointer to assist in locating your finds in the hole. otherwise it can be a little tough and frustrating locating your find.
the are some great pointers, but not all are the same, also when getting a pointer, i would take the plunge and go with a really good one such as the Garret Pro Pointer, TRX, minelab pro find, to name a few, it WILL make a world off difference in the field.

i look forward to checking out those awesome finds real soon, good luck out there,
and always... Happy Hunting .

BONES ...

I agree with everything that both bones and Joe said.  a pinpointer if you don't have one yet is a very handy item.  I have both the Garrett pro pointer and the deteknix xpointer( I picked up this one from a member of the forum that is a dealer goes by khouse here he like all the members here is a great guy to deal with very helpful! )

Located in Durham region Ontario.  Always looking for local md'rs to hunt with.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  quick note for Steveo shadeseeker 1 172 05-29-2017 05:38 PM
Last Post: Steveo
  Fugitive Treasure Hunter Found NjNyDigger 8 1,633 02-04-2015 09:50 AM
Last Post: Captain Charming
  Forrest Fenn Hunter Arrested NjNyDigger 8 1,778 02-04-2015 09:36 AM
Last Post: Captain Charming
  Congrats to Michigan Relic Hunter!!! NjNyDigger 7 720 10-24-2014 06:56 AM
Last Post: MichiganRelicHunter
  Amateur treasure hunter Laurence Egerton finds 22,000 Roman coins from 4th century bulletbob 2 352 10-01-2014 07:45 PM
Last Post: IndianaBones

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)