Brass hat pin or uniform pin - iron buckle - lead round balls.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
10-18-2014, 04:17 PM
Brass hat pin or uniform pin - iron buckle - lead round balls.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2014 04:25 PM by IndianaBones.)
Quote this message in a reply
Brass hat or uniform pin. both pin tabs still on the back.
no visible back marks or markings.
due to the thickness of the pins, it could be a fancy brass piece off a horses harness or other such piece.
few dropped lead round musket balls . one large three small.
another iron buckle.
and more scrap for the junk bin ...
and i also found a turtle shell today, but couldnt keep it.
it still had the head and legs attached ...

[attachment=3766][attachment=3767][attachment=3768][attachment=3769]
10-18-2014, 09:11 PM
RE: Brass hat pin or uniform pin - iron buckle - lead round balls.
(10-18-2014 09:08 PM)deathray Wrote:  gopher tortoise

yep. she`s got her eggs in a 4 foot hole near by .
10-18-2014, 09:39 PM
(10-18-2014 09:33 PM)samrussell Wrote:  Cool finds I found more junk today and a penny a modern oneĀ 
The house I'm working must of had some ba renters In the day it full of odd junk

Keep at it Sam. your starting to pull some coins now, even if they are modern, shows you can find them. there`s bound to be some older ones around as well as some other goodies. i pulled a babies gold ring just 20 feet from my front door a couple months ago. that next beep could surprise you ....

great job Sam ...

BONES ...
10-18-2014, 09:58 PM
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2014 09:31 PM by IndianaBones.)
(10-18-2014 09:46 PM)samrussell Wrote:  Yes sir I am having a blast with just the junk.

the truth is, as everyone does. we all dig a bunch of junk to make a few good finds.
keep up the great work Sam.
10-18-2014, 10:49 PM
LOL !!! sounds like some of my day`s, i usually do carry a compass, as sometimes i cannot get a gps signal with the dense tree canopy. about a week ago when i found those large wood splitting thingies, i had to call the wife to come out near my location and blow a whistle, i was so lost turned around and tangled up in vines and crappage i was about to just lay down in the woods and give up .
gotta love hunting the woods, it`s always an adventure .
10-18-2014, 11:14 PM
(10-18-2014 10:39 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote:  Bones! It truly must be turtle season!

Nice finds. Got squat today and got so lost in the woods I had to walk back three miles to my truck, in pouring rain, when I eventually found a road and got my bearings. Tacked up about 9 miles and 5 hours of wandering over hills and dales in the rain but Ohio Dirt Fisher made it out of the woods! And I feel pretty good about it too! Sweated off about five pounds. "THANK GOD" FOR SKITTLES!! And the extra bottle of water I took.

Take those navigation apps on your phone and delete them. BUY a compass and get a map!!! As I have just already done.

Ed

This is what one view of the woods was like but in all directions and I had lost the trail.

oh man, i would die for woods as open as that. still easy to get turned around though, my woods are so dense with undergrowth, overgrowth, and every other kinda growth that you can only wiggle to tiny little patches of hunting ground.
i cannot wait till they do another controlled burn. that`s when i can get down to some real detecting and hit those spots i can`t get to now ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Round 2 at pre civil war house ohioturkeyhunter 1 91 07-23-2017 09:21 PM
Last Post: Ohio Dirt Fisher
  Deus Hunt #2 Finds Cavalry Pin :D MichiganRelicHunter 3 267 04-30-2017 10:16 AM
Last Post: DigDugNY
  Plantation Iron Ron (CA) 9 467 02-16-2017 01:07 PM
Last Post: updownup
  Boy Scout Pin & #50 - Otherwise a Ho Hum Hunt! Ohio Dirt Fisher 8 616 09-19-2016 12:53 PM
Last Post: MichiganRelicHunter
  Fors Relic Killin it in The Iron Sites :D MichiganRelicHunter 6 601 06-05-2016 07:47 PM
Last Post: Ron (CA)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)