Buttons, bullets and coins from old farm land!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
02-24-2016, 06:32 PM
Buttons, bullets and coins from old farm land!
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2016 06:33 PM by Zachbl92.)
Quote this message in a reply
Hey guys! I got out last Sunday with my buddy james who came to my property two weeks ago(he also gave me all of his finds I posted which consist of the gilted eagle button, indian head and colonial dandy button. Which was super generous of him.) We started 7am and I got home at 5pm. It was beautiful the whole day and so hot at times I was sweating! We ended up detecting 3 different farm fields he has permission too.

I found the wheat Penny's, the buttons, the pocket knife and the small 3 ringer and a unidentified coin/token and more.

He found a fatty Indian head, two Indian heads, a eagle button, a huge 3 ringer and a musketball and more.

Hope you enjoy as much as I did. I had tons of first's!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
02-24-2016, 07:50 PM
RE: Buttons, bullets and coins from old farm land!
Congratulations on this awesome hunts, and more so finding a friend. Sounds like you & James will have some nice times together. Both of you popped out some nice stuff. GL HH!

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
02-24-2016, 09:49 PM
Bullets to musketballs, flat buttons and a watch winder....man what a hunt! !

RelicMedic, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Nov 2014.
02-24-2016, 10:13 PM
You guys killed it in the relics category!! I'd be willing to bet that the token you found is really a nickel! They get toasted pretty quick in the ground. The two of you have a great site and I can see you're definitely learning the machine! Sometimes all day is the only way as you end up forcing yourself to dig it all. Good luck on the next time out!

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
02-24-2016, 11:12 PM
Killer buttons from you and your buddy. Zach what kind of soil are these buttons coming from? And do you find them with shank intact often? See the shanks are busted off ,,i find flat buttons often most still have shanks ,, wonder if its the soil difference.  Anyways thanks for posting sone great finds

Detecting is more than a hobby, it is a passion
02-24-2016, 11:22 PM
Thanks all! Good call Ed. It did ring up 67. I'm going to weigh it and measure it and see if I can get a I.d.

Scott, I'm not sure what soil to be honest. But it's farm land and has been since colonial times. Houses near the farm date back to as early as the late 1600s. They are always plowed so maybe that's it but idk. Some buttons are like coins because the back is so smooth you can only see where the shank used to be..some are crushed down, some are bent and some are ok. But usually they are missing or bent in the farm fields

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Soccer & Buttons & Bullets! Ohio Dirt Fisher 3 253 04-25-2017 10:13 PM
Last Post: Ohio Dirt Fisher
  Old farm foundation in middle of 240 acres ohioturkeyhunter 14 571 03-17-2017 04:13 PM
Last Post: ohioturkeyhunter
  Old coal mine camp/farm finds ohioturkeyhunter 8 380 03-17-2017 08:41 AM
Last Post: updownup
  IHP, Bullets, A thingy?? & Nice Plated Spoon Ohio Dirt Fisher 7 423 10-20-2016 10:23 PM
Last Post: MichiganRelicHunter
  #51, Buff and Bullets Galore! Ohio Dirt Fisher 6 717 09-26-2016 04:13 PM
Last Post: Zachbl92

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)