Calling all female detectorists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
12-31-2016, 10:57 AM
Calling all female detectorists
Quote this message in a reply
A couple of recent posts by new members just signing up with us (Nia, cajamk, beepseeker, and Deborah, eg.) have spurred me to comment here on a topic I've been considering for a long time. I would dearly love to see more female detectorists join us here on the forum and be a part of our family. It seems that the hobby is largely male oriented, and I don't know why it has to be that way. We are fortunate to have Cassandra who hunts and posts neat things here and I would like to see more like her. But I know from reading articles, blogs, news, and from scanning other sites that there are many dedicated women hunters outdoors finding neat items all the time. It would be nice to have an active female contingent here at TC, and it would be a refreshing change  to see the hobby from a different perspective. So here is an open invitation to all ladies who might be reading from this site to join us and share your experiences and your finds and your comments. We would all benefit from your presence.

shadeseeker, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
12-31-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: Calling all female detectorists
I like this line of thought Shade , I worry that sometimes the male dominated forums scare away the ladies. I think they would bring a different perspective that might teach us a few things. I also want to see as many members here as possible all posting finds , sharing stories and knowledge. I learned a lot by reading forums and asking questions , and I still do.
   I have several years of light to moderate detecting under my belt and yet I still find myself needing to ask others and also learning from others stories.
   Thanks for starting this thread , I hope they respond.
Pat

Digsit, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2016.
Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.
12-31-2016, 04:37 PM
Hey Tom, thanks for the shout out! I appreciate it. I don't post as much as I should but look out for me in Zach's posts and I'll be posting more in 2017. I agree with you and think it's a good idea to include more female detectorists. I know there aren't as many of us as the males but we're out there! I hope some more will flock to TC. I look forward to 2017 and wish everyone luck and happy hunting!

CassandraHeart

DiggerQueen17, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2016.
Teknetics G2+, Deteknix xpointer, Predator Eagle
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-31-2016, 04:56 PM
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2016 05:00 PM by NjNyDigger.)
(12-31-2016 04:37 PM)DiggerQueen17 Wrote:  Hey Tom, thanks for the shout out! I appreciate it. I don't post as much as I should but look out for me in Zach's posts and I'll be posting more in 2017. I agree with you and think it's a good idea to include more female detectorists. I know there aren't as many of us as the males but we're out there! I hope some more will flock to TC. I look forward to 2017 and wish everyone luck and happy hunting!

CassandraHeart

Hi, Cassandra, I've heard a lot about you via Zach, and I know you're just as passionate about this hobby as many of us older, crustier guys, lol. He is lucky to have found a young lady such as yourself, who enjoys being out in nature and detecting, because that is not the norm. Most men would kill to have a spouse or significant other who likes to go digging Yes

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
12-31-2016, 05:14 PM
It is funny that they don't post more - I do see women at club hunts around NJ and NY. They also show up in hunt photos from around the country so they are out there but probably don't post or like this part of the hobby. Just my opinion - I don't have a problem with them posting online at all

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)