Cleaning some of our iron!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-03-2016, 03:28 AM
Cleaning some of our iron!
Quote this message in a reply
Have not been detecting much so been spending a little time cleaning what we have already found.

Find all posts by this user
09-03-2016, 11:09 PM
RE: Cleaning some of our iron!
Hi Ron: I'm a little late checking in today and after checking your video, I'm sure glad I made it to the forum. That's one of the most interesting vids I've seen. Good explanation and good information. That's a neat collection of tools, and they seem to be in good shape like your coin finds. Impressive how well they clean up. I think the electrolysis bath might be one of my next projects for the plow points etc  I find here.
Thanks man!

shadeseeker, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2016, 03:37 PM
Glad someone may find it useful!! Thanks for the comments!
09-05-2016, 01:28 PM
I have a small set up for cleaning finds. Same system I just use smaller scale (maybe a quart) I use a 12 volt dc power adapter that's 1amp(1000ma) works great. The solutions I have used are just salt water and I have also used baking soda both work but if you use salt just rinse and wash well. To preserve the item I just oil them or wd 40 them. I have cleaned some wheat pennies that were so roached couldn't even tell what they were and was able to get date off most of them. Thanks for sharing.

biggredd1972, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013. Proud to be using a White's DFX with sunrayDX1 inline probe.Newly added in Jan/2015 White's V3I.
09-06-2016, 09:03 PM
You really do turn that stuff around so it looks pretty damn good Ron. It's pretty cool the way that works. Except for work I really don't have anywhere to set something like that up otherwise I'd try it on a couple items I've found. And if I bring anymore detecting stuff (other than silver and gold) into the apartment my old lady will kill me!! LOL!

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
09-07-2016, 06:04 AM
So thats how to clean up old Iron it does come out pretty nice all thought most of the iron I Find is car parts and i have a bucket for them Happy Very nice video and helpful if I start relic hunting. Thanks.

Cladjunky From Cleveland Mooning
Makro Racer with 7x11 coil
F75 with 11 inch and 15 inch coil DST
RT6DETECTORS.COM for the best deals!
AT Pinpointer and Lesche 31 inch

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)