coin conversion machines taking over

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
12-30-2016, 07:43 PM
coin conversion machines taking over
Quote this message in a reply
When I went into the grocery store today, I noticed a different type of coin machine. This one has the coin return sticking out instead of recessed like the coinstar. I think this will be reducing the number of rejected coins that are left because they are not seen. Not good for us coin return sweepers. Time to find a store with the real coinstar machine.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Groundhog, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Dec 2015.
Garrett Groundhog ,Tesoro Compadre, TreasureTek Elite
12-31-2016, 11:07 AM
RE: coin conversion machines taking over
We don't see many of the coin machines here in our rural area, but I have started paying attention to the one I know about locally. Haven't seen anything of note, but some of the reports I have read here make me want to scan the machine every time I pass by. I did do a little coin searching at the bank last week and was happy to see 5 wheats from 6 penny rolls. I'm ready to try that again since that's better than I'm doing with the detector and the outdoor hunting time may be coming to a close anyway.

shadeseeker, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-31-2016, 04:19 PM
Never seen that brand before. I believe one of the bigger coin counting machine companies was fined recently, as they weren't paying out the actual percentage of coins. There was an even article a reporter did where he tested a few different machines in separate stores to gauge their accuracy, and most of them were off...in favor of the machine company, of course. They were small amounts if I remember correctly - from a few cents to a couple of dollars - but when your company has thousands and thousands of machines across the world, with millions of dollars being processed through them daily, those small amounts add up quite quickly. Still...

I'm a fan of the counting machines, and use them at least a couple of times per year. Sure beats having to roll all of our clad up in wrappers for delivery to the bank, so the fees are worth it, IMO.

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
12-31-2016, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the new machine. If coins hit the floor most folks will not bend to retrieve them. As I have seen folks at Coin Star not doing it even though they were their coins. Most of us bend down for cents anyway it's no big deal.
Coin Star has a statement that tells users the coins it will reject before you use the machine - at least it does on the two I used in my area. So it is user beware for sure.

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.
01-03-2017, 11:07 PM
Never seen one of those yet, but I don't get out much to stores. So far in my consumer adventures I've only ever seen one.

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
01-03-2017, 11:29 PM
I hope they stay away from my neck of the woods as I still need my first silver that I've been looking for!

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  1st coin in a 100 year old coin spill leo aranza 10 2,195 04-01-2014 08:27 AM
Last Post: robbie0920

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)