Coin Star Finds - does anyone ever check?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
03-06-2015, 01:31 PM
Coin Star Finds - does anyone ever check?
Quote this message in a reply
Does anyone check the Coin Star machine? I check it if I go to that super market.

Here are today's finds

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015. Took some time off
but back now in 2018.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2015, 01:56 PM
RE: Coin Star Finds - does anyone ever check?
That's nuts, a half!!! I've gotten silver out of the coin stars and the bank machines, but just washington's & Rosie's, never any Mercs or anything like that, and certainly not a half! Geez, go buy a lotto ticket Yes

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
03-06-2015, 02:05 PM
I check all the time. I even look down in the trash tray. If I see something I will either see if they will open it which most do or use a straw and gum to retrieve it. I did find a small 14k charm last year in one.

CTX3030 At Pro, Stavr M10.  2016: Silver = 39, 925 = 13 Gold= 3 Plat = 0. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT3lt5Y...NrzpC9yg0g
03-06-2015, 02:35 PM
A guy at our last meeting was telling everyone the same thing about look at those coin star. I never did but will start now, if this 14" of snow will go away.Do you live in KY.? That is where i live and we have our meeting in Ashland KY. I just though it might be you. Nice finds for sure.

Dean Stone, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.
03-06-2015, 02:54 PM
Hi Dean, no I am in New Jersey - 

No brag here - please don't think that of me - I like sharing  my expierances - this is a great MD site to post and get rewarded as well as getting good information to assist as well.

The big coin is a clad Eisenhower dollar - 1971 -

I couldn't believe it myself but am happy I went eyeballing today

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015. Took some time off
but back now in 2018.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2015, 02:57 PM
(03-06-2015 02:35 PM)Dean Stone Wrote:  A guy at our last meeting was telling everyone the same thing about look at those coin star. I never did but will start now, if this 14" of snow will go away.Do you live in KY.? That is where i live and we have our meeting in Ashland KY. I just though it might be you. Nice finds for sure.

I feel your pain! We have about 8" on the ground here, BUT, it's supposed to be in the 40's & 50's for the next 2 weeks, so, looks like I might be able to get out very soon, as it'll melt fairly quick. Haven't hunted since early January, and I am just about stir crazy!!! Tongue

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
03-06-2015, 05:49 PM
Hi digger, that is the way with me. I was thinking that i would get to hunt most of the year but rain and snow starder about mid Jan. and haven,t been able to get yet. Maybe next week if ground is not to muddy, i don,t mine mud but it sure makes your detector a mass of mud. I did have a good eye find 2 weeks ago. Was at Walmart and look by the door and there it was, NO not a ring, but a GOLD TOOTH someone had lost. put it on the scales and it was 6.4 gram, just like a gold nugget.  Can,t wait to get out again. WOE IS ME.

Dean Stone, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.
03-06-2015, 06:58 PM
I look in those machines everytime I walk by one. The most I ever found was like 16 cents. Nice score.

PittsburghWill, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men"  Willy Wonka

I've lived. Not always well, but long enough.
03-06-2015, 07:01 PM
Good idea, I'll send my boys in too.

Remember when your cup holder sat next to you in a mini skirt and tank top?
03-06-2015, 08:14 PM
Dean, they say gold is where you find it! How true in your case, by a door at Walmart. Way cool! We as part of the hobby always look down, nice find for sure, congratulations!

but back now in 2018.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  check out this silver scott demont 5 378 05-15-2016 10:32 AM
Last Post: MichiganRelicHunter
  CA Relics--Star Tongue Buckle, Silver, Relics!! Ron (CA) 8 3,666 06-24-2015 05:09 PM
Last Post: khouse
  Check out this button relic PittsburghWill 8 846 11-29-2014 06:16 PM
Last Post: bulletbob
  Flint - Train - Round balls - star pin . IndianaBones 0 486 08-30-2014 04:18 PM
Last Post: IndianaBones
  Eastern Star Pin @ pistol Steveo 12 7,169 06-23-2014 10:33 PM
Last Post: IndianaBones

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)