coins and civil war three ringers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2015, 09:39 PM
coins and civil war three ringers
Quote this message in a reply
found some coins and three ringers in Illinois 2 weeks ago. Mine are on the left side if you go straight up from the walker half. I got 2 buffalo, 2 v nickels one was 1901, 1934 merc, 3 barber dimes, a 1907 barber quarter, 2 Indians 1898 and a 1888 and some wheat's. My friend got the coins on the right

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Steveo, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jun 2013.
11-08-2015, 09:48 PM
RE: coins and civil war three ringers
That's a ridiculously fantastic hunt, Steve Yes You must've had a big $hit-eating grin driving the whole way home! What kind of site was it? How old?

Glad to see you posting finds again...thought you retired Chuckle Tongue

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
11-08-2015, 10:42 PM
it was 3 whole days in Illinois first we went to a field that had a fair grounds years ago. last years we went there and I got 5 silver dimes and pennies and my friend got 2 half's. this year I got the Indians, 3 barbers and a merc. My friend got some wheats and a half.
The next day we went to a civil war prisoner of war camp that's been detected to death. I got the 6 three ringers a Williams cleaner, a musket ball and 4 trashed eagle buttons my friend got nothing. The ground was dry all the way I was getting targets at 12 inches with the CTX 3030 would have loved to see how deep it would have gone with moisture.
The third day we spent in fields tried some old house sites all I found was the badge that reads US Olympic Nagging Champs. So we moved on to a school site that used to give up some wheat's it was a chiseled corn field really ruff I wasn't having any luck my friend was finding some wheat's, until my last swing I got the 1907 barber quarter.
Then we went to another school to finish the day, his town has a project going moving this 1850's one room school to town as a museum the site it used to sit is now field so we decided everything we found would be donated in a case. So we got a drawer latch like 10 wheats and Indians, a large cent and a religious medallion and assorted stuff. Just a start but was fun

Find all posts by this user
11-08-2015, 11:51 PM
Awesome finds Steveo! I've yet to find my first silver or bullet but seeing that makes me pretty excited to what I could possibly find! Thanks for sharing

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
11-09-2015, 06:47 AM
That's a super hunt! Congratulations Steveo!  It's going to be hard to top that hunt. Good luck and I hope you do. HH!

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
11-09-2015, 06:54 AM
Nice digs!

love the 3 ringers and the badge thing Yes

Looks like a lotta fun Beer

MichiganRelicHunter, proud to be a digger since 1977
11-09-2015, 07:11 PM
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2015 07:13 PM by Ohio Dirt Fisher.)
Now that's what I call one helluva great set of hunts!!! Yes WTG Steve!
Love it all but you know my favorites are those fabulous old silvers!!! That's some old ground you were hunting and has to be virgin!

Ed/ODF

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
11-09-2015, 08:08 PM
(11-09-2015 07:11 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote:  Now that's what I call one helluva great set of hunts!!! Yes WTG Steve!
Love it all but you know my favorites are those fabulous old silvers!!! That's some old ground you were hunting and has to be virgin!

Ed/ODF

Hi Ed, Not all these sites are virgin the fair grounds and civil war camp have been hammered for years by lots of people, The fair grounds is like 200 acres so you never know when you are going to find something good.
The all the school spots have been hit hard for like 4 years . the last school that we hit for the museum has never been done and we were tired and it was dark and cold, I am sure there is still more there waiting. We did hit some fields where there use to be old houses that have never been detected and didn't find anything, My friend just called and says he just got permission to do 2000 more acres that has lots of building spots I guess I will have to get back down there

11-09-2015, 08:36 PM
(11-09-2015 08:08 PM)Steveo Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 07:11 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote:  Now that's what I call one helluva great set of hunts!!! Yes WTG Steve!

Ed/ODF

Hi Ed, Not all these sites are virgin the fair grounds and civil war camp have been hammered for years by lots of people, The fair grounds is like 200 acres so you never know when you are going to find something good.
The all the school spots have been hit hard for like 4 years . the last school that we hit for the museum has never been done and we were tired and it was dark and cold, I am sure there is still more there waiting. We did hit some fields where there use to be old houses that have never been detected and didn't find anything, My friend just called and says he just got permission to do 2000 more acres that has lots of building spots I guess I will have to get back down there

Well good luck with the 2000 acres. It'd take me five years to do 200 so I hope you're a young buck. But all in all, for those areas to be as hammered as they were, you did a fantastic job of detecting!!

Ed/ODF

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
11-09-2015, 11:36 PM
Very smart choices of detectiing spots, congratulations, terrific bunch of finds for both

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Round 2 at pre civil war house ohioturkeyhunter 1 91 07-23-2017 09:21 PM
Last Post: Ohio Dirt Fisher
  Pre-civil wat home site (couple of first for me) ohioturkeyhunter 9 263 07-10-2017 08:39 PM
Last Post: leo aranza
  Civil War Stuff? SLCdigger 6 418 06-05-2016 09:56 PM
Last Post: scott demont
  Colonial, civil war and IH Zachbl92 7 740 02-13-2016 03:36 PM
Last Post: NjNyDigger
  Trip to the South -Rev War + Civil War = FUN ! Ron (CA) 9 1,515 01-23-2016 09:05 PM
Last Post: RelicMedic

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)