Contest Time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
03-24-2016, 12:06 PM
RE: Contest Time
Quote this message in a reply
I am perfectly fine with sitting out Joe. I won twice in the last contest, and I'm more than satisfied. This is a great place to hang out and meet like minded people and I honestly don't expect anything in return for having fun! I think I would be more content with helping out our members and yourself. I hope to pick up a few prizes for upcoming contests, hopefully this summer, then I'd like to host a few contests on here and give away some decent prizes. I'm more of a giver than a taker...my wife would agree Wink and it's a good way to be if I ever wind up in jail!

RelicMedic, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Nov 2014.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-24-2016, 06:21 PM
(03-24-2016 12:06 PM)RelicMedic Wrote:  I am perfectly fine with sitting out Joe. I won twice in the last contest, and I'm more than satisfied. This is a great place to hang out and meet like minded people and I honestly don't expect anything in return for having fun! I think I would be more content with helping out our members and yourself. I hope to pick up a few prizes for upcoming contests, hopefully this summer, then I'd like to host a few contests on here and give away some decent prizes. I'm more of a giver than a taker...my wife would agree Wink and it's a good way to be if I ever wind up in jail!

Ok, if we don't get any other ideas thrown into the ring, and run with this one, if you're okay with sitting out, I obviously have no issue with it.

Thank you for considering others before yourself, you're a class act, RM Yes

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
03-24-2016, 06:59 PM
Well! I can't edit my first post because its been 1440 minutes since I created it! So! I'm gonna go with the idea relic has. I think its a great idea. I was stumped on what to do. My original was most pics with different strippers in a week. But I think that would be unfair because id blow yall away.
But yeah, relic for prez. Needs some more details and rules but I think its great. So I +1 relics idea.

Keep the ideas flowing gentlemen!

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
03-24-2016, 08:02 PM
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2016 10:00 PM by updownup.)
I really can't think of anything other than a not so exciting lottery. (Unless you Won)

Relic's has a good idea. But to be honest, I'm Not familiar with some of his coins, which won't be a problem if he states the types of coins or relics that have and could be found there.
Like the amazing British Cartwheel coin he found. I never heard of such a coin, but my knowledge of coins is slim too. I know most US currency, but I still get a surprise every now and then. (like a 1/2 barber dime).

My point is. RM uses a etrac and knows the VDI and area. If the video captures the VDI numbers this could benefit any familiar with that machine etc.

I like Digsit idea too about who could dig the most clad of a certain year. But really how could you keep this legit. Evening being captured on video.

I think most of us would never cheat. But I have been working with a group of guys that I trust fully. But in the past, something has went missing and it had to be from someone we trusted. I'm always surprised and disappoint in this behavior. WTH a loser.

However, I know Joe and RelicMedic or anyone else assigned to the task will be looking for anything that might not be fair to others and to ensure data or results are not altered.

Good luck guys I know hosting such a wonderful a event is not easy and there is a lot of work to go into such a event. Joe your kindness is appreciated and challenging. RelicMedic your time and willingness is appreciated too!

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
03-24-2016, 09:30 PM
Good points, and some I have already thought of. The vdi will not be shown. Also, once I get the coin signal, I'll switch to Two tone ferrous, so all it does is beep the same tone as foil, silver , junk etc. No one who knows the etrac will be able to tell. Also, I would be going to a site that produces a certain Era of coins...NOT a cellar hole. It will be a park or green space. I would even go as far as to narrow the site down to a 50 year bracket. I would bring along a cell phone that has the date and time shown clearly when I find the target, pause the video and dig the target with the the date and time stamp in the frame so you know it's the same target. I've been thinking alot about it and have tried to come up with as many ways to reassure everyone and validate the process. Please let me know if you guys can think of any other concerns, just in case this option gets picked. Oh, and the coins will be pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters. 90% of the coins from here are canadian, so there's no difference. There won't be any large cents, half dimes, Trimes or 2 centers.

RelicMedic, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Nov 2014.
03-25-2016, 11:34 PM
Come on guys, what else you got??? So far RM is on the board with some great ideas, anyone else?

I'll let this play out for a couple more days, and then we'll construct our battle plan Happy

Joe

03-26-2016, 05:35 AM
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2016 05:38 AM by Thevipermc.)
(03-23-2016 07:00 PM)RelicMedic Wrote:  Preferably a contest that I'm not gonna screw up! Happy  You could engage the active members here by picking one person who is consistent with the age of the sites they hunt. Have that person walk onto their site and find a coin signal. Film that part. Have everyone either guess just the date, or denomination of the coin AND the date. Upload the second part (live dig portion) and reveal what the coin is in the video. If they don't want to do video, pictures would work. I would be willing to sit this one out to do the video.  I could post the first part of the video explaining the age of the site and description of past finds from there. Just a thought.

Wouldn't work with people like me in different countries,I have no idea what the dates and coins you have are,and how would you know it's definitely a coin?

(03-25-2016 11:34 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote:  Come on guys, what else you got??? So far RM is on the board with some great ideas, anyone else?

I'll let this play out for a couple more days, and then we'll construct our battle plan Happy

Joe
How aboutjust enter everyone eligible who enters (posts a comment on the contest thread) into a hat and pull out the winners(you could even do it on video so everyone knows you're not taking)

Thevipermc, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Dec 2015, swinging a garrett ace 200i
03-26-2016, 10:35 AM
(03-26-2016 05:35 AM)Thevipermc Wrote:  
(03-23-2016 07:00 PM)RelicMedic Wrote:  Preferably a contest that I'm not gonna screw up! Happy  You could engage the active members here by picking one person who is consistent with the age of the sites they hunt. Have that person walk onto their site and find a coin signal. Film that part. Have everyone either guess just the date, or denomination of the coin AND the date. Upload the second part (live dig portion) and reveal what the coin is in the video. If they don't want to do video, pictures would work. I would be willing to sit this one out to do the video.  I could post the first part of the video explaining the age of the site and description of past finds from there. Just a thought.

Wouldn't work with people like me in different countries,I have no idea what the dates and coins you have are,and how would you know it's definitely a coin?

(03-25-2016 11:34 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote:  Come on guys, what else you got??? So far RM is on the board with some great ideas, anyone else?

Joe
How aboutjust enter everyone eligible who enters (posts a comment on the contest thread) into a hat and pull out the winners(you could even do it on video so everyone knows you're not taking)

It's a good idea, and most forums do some version of that, but I'm aiming for something with a bit more drama. I like longer, more drawn out type of contests. It's now on the list though, and is a possibility. Thank you for the suggestion.

Joe

03-26-2016, 01:27 PM
Okay i was going to stay quiet on this one. But have a idea!! What about mystery finds you Joe pick certain items to be found and posted in the forum. Items such as examples pull tab , soda can , dime ect ect. You pick it we have no clue we post and only you Joe know who wins something.  All we can do is detect and post and hopefully win. Just another idea for the list.

Detecting is more than a hobby, it is a passion
03-26-2016, 04:02 PM
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2016 04:05 PM by Thevipermc.)
(03-26-2016 01:27 PM)scott demont Wrote:  Okay i was going to stay quiet on this one. But have a idea!! What about mystery finds you Joe pick certain items to be found and posted in the forum. Items such as examples pull tab , soda can , dime ect ect. You pick it we have no clue we post and only you Joe know who wins something.  All we can do is detect and post and hopefully win. Just another idea for the list.
Only one problem with that,some people just don't have the time to go detecting much,like me,I only get one and a half hours max once a week,and don't find much,so wouldn't be very fair in terms of who has more time,but otherwise a great idea! Gl and hh!

(03-26-2016 10:35 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote:  
(03-26-2016 05:35 AM)Thevipermc Wrote:  

Joe

It's a good idea, and most forums do some version of that, but I'm aiming for something with a bit more drama. I like longer, more drawn out type of contests. It's now on the list though, and is a possibility. Thank you for the suggestion.

Joe
Thanks! Hope someone else does better than me! Gl and hh!

Thevipermc, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Dec 2015, swinging a garrett ace 200i

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  *NEW CONTEST SOON* NjNyDigger 8 1,409 12-14-2015 10:47 PM
Last Post: scott demont
  ***NEW CONTEST*** 7/7/15 Dusty 20 3,755 07-09-2015 11:39 PM
Last Post: Bigtony
  New Contest? Firedigger109 11 1,404 01-08-2015 08:49 PM
Last Post: Steveo

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)