Contest Time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
03-26-2016, 05:17 PM
RE: Contest Time
Quote this message in a reply
How about a trivia contest. Set a contest length of so many days. Ask a question in a set time window each day. The first person to answer correctly gets a point. Whoever has the most points at the end wins. Just general trivia anyone could know and the answers are documented.

PittsburghWill, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men"  Willy Wonka

I've lived. Not always well, but long enough.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-26-2016, 07:26 PM
(03-26-2016 05:17 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote:  How about a trivia contest. Set a contest length of so many days. Ask a question in a set time window each day. The first person to answer correctly gets a point. Whoever has the most points at the end wins. Just general trivia anyone could know and the answers are documented.

Good idea, Will, though the Internet has killed trivia contests. I could ask the precise day, hour & minute one of the Wright Brothers was born, and someone will just hit Google and get the answer, lol. Then when someone wins, the non-winners will attack me and tell me I made it too easy Chuckle

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
03-26-2016, 08:40 PM
http://www.biography.com/people/orville-wright-20672999

Can't nail down the exact hour or minute lol

RelicMedic, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Nov 2014.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-27-2016, 12:42 PM
Not to beat a dead chicken to death. But remember the quickest way to kill a website is to have a contest and have someone involved pick the winner. And letting it become a click.
Joe your first suggestion seems to be the only one where everyone has a equal chance and you do not pick the winner. The lottery numbers work.
I like the video one also but then someone has to choice and what about the people without vidios.

Steveo, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jun 2013.
03-30-2016, 09:38 PM
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2016 09:39 PM by Dusty.)
How about something along the lines of the count the clad contest from earlier this year but a pile of found toy cars or found keys . Too tame ? I suggest those two items because I have examples of both that would befuddle the best guessers , all I have to do is figure out how to send the pics to the boss. Of course I won't be eligible which is fine with me,,,,you make the rules

Dusty, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Aug 2013.
03-31-2016, 07:37 PM
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2016 07:38 PM by Kajunman.)
I would second the NCAA basketball championship. Points scored is something no one knows. People could fill a jar with keys then count and make an educated guess. Same with coins. Guessing points scored is pure chance.

Then to actually receive the prize , the winner has to tell their story of how or why they started and / or fell in love with metal detecting for all the forum to see. And I don't mean one little paragraph.

I have 3 best friends. Their names are Ace 350 , AT Pro ,  and a Fisher F 75 but I like people too.
04-02-2016, 02:38 PM
(03-31-2016 07:37 PM)Kajunman Wrote:  I would second the NCAA basketball championship. Points scored is something no one knows. People could fill a jar with keys then count and make an educated guess. Same with coins. Guessing points scored is pure chance.

Then to actually receive the prize , the winner has to tell their story of how or why they started and / or fell in love with metal detecting for all the forum to see. And I don't mean one little paragraph.
One-again, people in other countries or people who just don't watch basketball would have no idea how many points are scored or how good some teams are to others
Two- what if there isn't a long story behind someone's love of metal detecting

Sorry for being a bit mean, I'm just trying to make the contest fair

Thevipermc, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Dec 2015, swinging a garrett ace 200i
04-02-2016, 08:29 PM
(04-02-2016 02:38 PM)Thevipermc Wrote:  
(03-31-2016 07:37 PM)Kajunman Wrote:  I would second the NCAA basketball championship. Points scored is something no one knows. People could fill a jar with keys then count and make an educated guess. Same with coins. Guessing points scored is pure chance.

One-again, people in other countries or people who just don't watch basketball would have no idea how many points are scored or how good some teams are to others

If you metal detect you have a story. Something made you start. And something makes you continue.

Doesn't matter what country you live in. Guessing points scored is purely chance.  Everyone knows what basketball is regardless if you're a fan or not. It fits the time of the year. It gives everyone an equal chance. It's also something you can't google. Or we could go with the mundane and guess items in a bowl.

I have 3 best friends. Their names are Ace 350 , AT Pro ,  and a Fisher F 75 but I like people too.
04-02-2016, 09:11 PM
I think we should begin taking guesses Tuesday morning , that way everyone has enough time to study up if they're not fans and don't follow the games.
Who's playing?

Dusty, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Aug 2013.
04-03-2016, 08:08 AM
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2016 08:12 AM by Thevipermc.)
(04-02-2016 08:29 PM)Kajunman Wrote:  
(04-02-2016 02:38 PM)Thevipermc Wrote:  

If you metal detect you have a story. Something made you start. And something makes you continue.

Doesn't matter what country you live in. Guessing points scored is purely chance.  Everyone knows what basketball is regardless if you're a fan or not. It fits the time of the year. It gives everyone an equal chance. It's also something you can't google. Or we could go with the mundane and guess items in a bowl.

I actually have no idea how to play basketball or how many points are scored, I don't know whether people score 1,12,20 or 80 goals usually per game,i also do not know how long the time it takes to play is and how long the court is

(03-27-2016 12:42 PM)Steveo Wrote:  Not to beat a dead chicken to death. But remember the quickest way to kill a website is to have a contest and have someone  involved pick the winner. And letting it become a click.
Joe your first suggestion seems to be the only one where everyone has a equal chance and you do not pick the winner. The lottery numbers work.
I like the video one also but then someone has to choice and what about the people without vidios.

I like that idea, I think we should actually do the lottery numbers one, or just random.org how many numbers are there and what do the numbers go up to?

Thevipermc, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Dec 2015, swinging a garrett ace 200i

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  *NEW CONTEST SOON* NjNyDigger 8 1,135 12-14-2015 10:47 PM
Last Post: scott demont
  ***NEW CONTEST*** 7/7/15 Dusty 20 3,210 07-09-2015 11:39 PM
Last Post: Bigtony
  New Contest? Firedigger109 11 1,221 01-08-2015 08:49 PM
Last Post: Steveo

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)