Count FTY

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2015, 07:48 PM
Count FTY
Quote this message in a reply
With it being too hot to detect for now, I'm trying to keep busy with other tasks. Did a count for 2015, so far. Aside from a mental count, I've never done a written count before in all the years I've been hunting. I was a bit let down after the count, as this years hasn't been the best to date, we missed about 5 or 6 weeks during peak spring season due to terrible ground conditions. Just hoping the fall will be better.

32 Silvers total
-----------------
9 rosies
5 barber dimes
7 mercs
2 SLQ's
1 barber quarter
4 washingtons
1 walker
3 war nickels
-------------------
1 largie
14 indians
Some copper foreign coins
Several silver rings and charms, which I don't include in my silver tally

Not tracking wheats, too much work!

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
07-09-2015, 10:41 PM
RE: Count FTY
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2015 10:54 PM by Ohio Dirt Fisher.)
OK, here goes.

1 Barber Half
1 Walker Half
6 Washington Quarters
4 SL Quarters
6 Barber Quarters
1 Seated Dime
1 Barber Dime
9 Mercs
7 Rosies
1 War Nickel
...............37 FTY silver coinage only!
6 Buffs
2 V's
3 IH
2 Largies
1 Canadian Half Penny
1 Spanish 1963 penny
1 14K & Silver Engraved Pocket watch (Vintage 1893)
Miscellaneous silver rings and pendants
Same here with the wheats and clad and shotgun headstamps etc....

ODF

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
07-11-2015, 11:03 PM
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2015 10:58 AM by Bigtony.)
18 Silver coins total YTD

3 STD Liberty Quarters
1 Washington quarter
10 Merc dimes
4 Roosevelts dimes

2 Silver rings
1 Silver Rel medal
1 junior Sheriff badge
1 small possible gold chain in three pieces

81 wheat cents

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.
07-11-2015, 11:20 PM
(07-09-2015 10:41 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote:  OK, here goes.

1 Barber Half
1 Walker Half
6 Washington Quarters
4 SL Quarters
6 Barber Quarters
1 Seated Dime
1 Barber Dime
9 Mercs
7 Rosies
1 War Nickel
...............37 FTY silver coinage only!
6 Buffs
2 V's
3 IH
2 Largies
1 Canadian Half Penny
1 Spanish 1963 penny
1 14K & Silver Engraved Pocket watch (Vintage 1893)
Miscellaneous silver rings and pendants
Same here with the wheats and clad and shotgun headstamps etc....

ODF

God damn, you are having an INCREDIBLE year. We're just about neck & neck on the silver, and I have to tell you, reaching (33 FTY, as of today) has been an a$$ grinding, mind numbing, slow crawl thus far! Some seasons it seems to come easy, but this year has been very tough. The multi-silver hunts have been very sporadic, as most of the time I'm plucking one from here and one from there...but, yes, they do add up. Being sidelined for about 5 weeks due to dry ground didn't help either. You're pulling out a better array of stuff than I am, which is due to your persistence and ability Yes Let's kill it in 2015!!!

(07-11-2015 11:03 PM)Bigtony Wrote:  19 Silver coins total YTD

3 STD Liberty Quarters
1 Washington quarter
11 Merc dimes
4 Roosevelts dimes

2 Silver rings
1 Silver Rel medal
1 junior Sheriff badge
1 small possible gold chain in three pieces

81 wheat cents

You know the deal around here, every place has been picked thin over the years. And as tough as it is, you're still pulling them up Yes In our neck of the woods, a strong year is around 150 silver, and a good year is around 100. At least that's the yardstick I've always used. Would you agree with that?

A buddy of mine hit 300+ last year, and I was astounded. But he was going out 3 or 4 days per week SOLID, for 7 to 10 hours per day. And putting serious mileage on his car; NY, NJ, CT, etc. I couldn't handle that.

It's still out there, we just gotta work our tails off for it nowadays!

Joe

07-12-2015, 07:39 AM
I don't think any of you can be sad. Especially compared to my 10 Wheaties and one Rosie. LOL. However I have a blast every time I hunt. I went yesterday for a couple hrs after work. Pulled another wheatie and some costume jewelry. That's a good hunt for me.

I have 3 best friends. Their names are Ace 350 , AT Pro ,  and a Fisher F 75 but I like people too.
07-12-2015, 09:45 AM
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2015 09:48 AM by NjNyDigger.)
(07-12-2015 07:39 AM)Kajunman Wrote:  I don't think any of you can be sad. Especially compared to my 10 Wheaties and one Rosie. LOL. However I have a blast every time I hunt. I went yesterday for a couple hrs after work. Pulled another wheatie and some costume jewelry. That's a good hunt for me.

To be honest, I never really started keeping track of my silvers till a couple of years ago. Up till then, I'd just keep them in a plastic case. The only reason I started doing so, was to use it as a kind of yardstick, and measure my progress - if any. I remember guys used to ask where I was at in terms of certain finds/milestones, and I couldn't answer them. Were my new spots performing better than last year's? Were my hunting routines becoming more productive? Was I finding more of one type of find versus another? It was all guess work & approximation.

So, I finally thought, the only time something can be improved, is if it's tracked & monitored, and that's when I started doing a running tally.

Admittedly, I get out every chance I can. In the spring & fall, I probably average 3 solid days per week, for a minimum of 4 or 5 hours per hunt. In the summer, it may only be one day per week for a few hours, due to the heat.

I think the most important thing is, the enjoyment factor one gets from this hobby - or ANY hobby. And that mainly comes from doing it in the way where you have the most fun. So if you're having fun, you've already won, because let's face it, none of us are getting rich doing this anyway! Yes

Joe

07-12-2015, 11:11 AM
ODF,Ed your doing terrific this year so far, congratulations. Your probably out there right now fighting the bugs and sun.

Joe, 100 to 150? Man those are impressive numbers! My neck of the woods is not easy any longer. You need a second sense to find a keeper.
Your right a multiple silver day is few and far between nowadays.

I too have stopped traveling around the state - probably will on a few occasion in the fall. The spring here was wet and cold - I dressed for it and enjoyed it - probably the reason why I had one of my best years since detecting.

Kajunman, you are on the right track, this hobby grabs you into it and you begin to figure it out - don't be afraid to experiment

07-12-2015, 06:40 PM
Hey Tony Thank You!!! And all you guys! You haven't done that bad considering the little time you've spent out there detecting. I had a whopper of a Spring hitting sites that in my opinion were never hunted or very poorly hunted. Since then it's been a struggle. June was off and July is getting a real slow start. It's been raining here every third or fourth day for as long as I can remember. And then the Sun lamp comes on and we get humidity and droves of mosquitoes. But thanks again. If the August of this year heats up like usual I'll be spending a lot of time looking at maps and Google Earth rather than detecting. Seems though that when I take a day or two off I have better results on the new hunts.

ODF

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
07-13-2015, 06:41 AM
ODF,Ed that is good advice, a few days off might be the best thing

07-14-2015, 09:11 PM
(07-12-2015 11:11 AM)Bigtony Wrote:  ODF,Ed your doing terrific this year so far, congratulations. Your probably out there right now fighting the bugs and sun.

Joe, 100 to 150? Man those are impressive numbers! My neck of the woods is not easy any longer. You need a second sense to find a keeper.
Your right a multiple silver day is few and far between nowadays.

I too have stopped traveling around the state - probably will on a few occasion in the fall. The spring here was wet and cold - I dressed for it and enjoyed it - probably the reason why I had one of my best years since detecting.

Kajunman, you are on the right track, this hobby grabs you into it and you begin to figure it out - don't be afraid to experiment

It's all relative. There are guys out there finding 300 & 400 silvers per year, so it is what it is. 150 is doable, but EXTREMELY difficult to hit unless almost everything swings in my favor - good rainfall throughout the year, not overly hot in the summers, no getting sick/missing extended hunting periods, having many multi silver outings, etc. Also, moving around a lot helps, as going back to the same places all the time starts to run dry. IMO, if someone can hit 100 (give or take) in Northern NJ per year, that is what I'd consider a very solid season.

Joe

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)