Detecting on tv

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
09-18-2014, 03:58 AM
Detecting on tv
Quote this message in a reply
hi

just wondered how many detecting tv shows you have over there.
over here iv not really seem much regarding metal detecting ..i think
the closest we come to one is called time team  but its more archeological
stuff.

i have seen a couple from the USA ...diggers with King George and his buddy Tim The Ringmaster lol  i must admit i like there show...they come across as very likable fellas although easily excited ...lol .....but there finds are always explained well and there is a theme to there digs ..ok its all for the tv show ..but iv seen some of there you-tube hunts with others and as i said  seem very likable lads.

now also there is this other show ..American diggers ....and im very sorry if this offends anybody i don't mean too....but its awful to me its seems very staged and very false imo. every thing they find ( which a lot is scrap to me lol ) they take of to a very convenient shop near by and sell for mega bucks.??...just cant stand the main Man with his BOOOOOM BABY.. GRRRRR. No

please don't take offense to that. its just my opinion on that tv show ..im sure
there really nice people ...but in that show....they come across as very irritating people ....

anyways ..is there any other detecting tv shows worth looking our for ?

GL&HH
Simon

nomis, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Sep 2014.
deep-tech vista smart ....Xp Deus v.3.2 (back up machine). and a rubbish Garrett pro-pointer..
www.detecting-in-england.comhttp://
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-18-2014, 05:27 AM
RE: Detecting on tv
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2014 05:34 AM by Ron (CA).)
Personally I think they are all staged. (for the most part)

I have been on site for two TV show recordings and it is not all as it appears on TV.  But this was a show called Cash and Treasures with Kirsten Gum and I really liked show and she was not too bad to look at either!! Big Grin

There was a "fad" for a bit and a few shows popped up. A couple only lasted 6 episodes and they faded away. I hear from a good source that there might be another one in the works but I think they are all trying to pull history into it in order to make it more appealing to the general masses. Most people that do not detect will not sit and watch a few geeks swing "Geiger counters" around looking for pennies in the dirt!! Happy

I have a bunch to say but will keep most of it to myself!  
Mama said"  If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!"  Mouthshut

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-18-2014, 05:58 AM
thats a good picture Yes and yes Kirsten is a looker Wink

deep-tech vista smart ....Xp Deus v.3.2 (back up machine). and a rubbish Garrett pro-pointer..
09-18-2014, 09:07 AM
Havent watched any of them myself. caught a few pieces of one of the shows,
and i agree it all looked to staged and set up.
besides im to busy digging up history to watch TV ...

BONES ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-18-2014, 01:45 PM
(09-18-2014 05:27 AM)Ron (CA) Wrote:  Personally I think they are all staged. (for the most part)

I have been on site for two TV show recordings and it is not all as it appears on TV.  But this was a show called Cash and Treasures with Kirsten Gum and I really liked show and she was not too bad to look at either!! Big Grin

There was a "fad" for a bit and a few shows popped up. A couple only lasted 6 episodes and they faded away. I hear from a good source that there might be another one in the works but I think they are all trying to pull history into it in order to make it more appealing to the general masses. Most people that do not detect will not sit and watch a few geeks swing "Geiger counters" around looking for pennies in the dirt!! Happy

I have a bunch to say but will keep most of it to myself!  
Mama said"  If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!"  Mouthshut

Ron, is that a pinpointer in your pocket, or, are you just happy to see Kirsten?

Btw, you know I'm a ML guy. If I must say, that Minelab shirt makes you look about 20 years younger Tongue

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
09-18-2014, 07:02 PM
I'm so offended.  You don't like BOOOM BABY?  Just kidding of course.  That show is crap.  My favorite was Digfellas with Bill Ladd and Howard Hewitt.  Go on YouTube and search Digfellas.  They have lots of videos on there.

PittsburghWill, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men"  Willy Wonka

I've lived. Not always well, but long enough.
09-19-2014, 05:48 AM
(09-18-2014 07:02 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote:  I'm so offended.  You don't like BOOOM BABY?  Just kidding of course.  That show is crap.  My favorite was Digfellas with Bill Ladd and Howard Hewitt.  Go on YouTube and search Digfellas.  They have lots of videos on there.

as soon as i read your post ..i remembered digfellas that was not to bad either.Yes

i did worry when i see that you was offended ......then mighty relived when you said it was crap ...it is a awful show i agree very irritating indeed.

GL&HH
Simon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)