Deus Loves Round Targets

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
03-12-2016, 06:42 PM
Deus Loves Round Targets
Quote this message in a reply
Took my new Deus (3rd one now!) out for a 2 hr hunt at a well hunted site today.

Was a nice 55/60 degree day here in Michigan (not bad for early March) considering it's typically in the 30s/40s this time of yr Big Grin

Ran the Deus fast program with a couple tweaks = 4 tones, 3.5 disc, 18kHz

Nothing too special today

couple marbles
a flat button
cog to a watch
cap gun piece
tiny washer
part of a suspender clip
cool ornate top to a compact case of sorts (not makeup) = more like a trinket box/compact
etc.

[Image: IMG_2685_zpsbcmuvqfo.jpg]

MichiganRelicHunter, proud to be a digger since 1977
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2016, 06:59 PM
RE: Deus Loves Round Targets
That case is a work of art, MRH! And the marbles and suspender clip are great digs, IMO Yes

It's obvious by now that the Deus has won you over, and after seeing many of the machines you use, would I be wrong in assuming that most of your hunting spots are early/mid 1800's homes sites, with a few farm fields sprinkled in? The reason I assume that is, those types of spots are normally littered with iron/trash, and the name of the game isn't so much depth, as it is speed/separation. Now, question...

What if your Deus broke, and you were stuck using a Racer, would you consider it a handicap, or would it do most of what the Deus can do?

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
03-12-2016, 09:12 PM
Nice finds MRH!! Love that compact case cover. The suspender clip and marbles are real cool!

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
03-12-2016, 11:49 PM
Cool finds! I love those marbles they are fun to find.

Why the third Deus? Did they brake or did you sell them off?

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.
03-13-2016, 01:43 AM
Seems like everyone's finding some sweet marbles! I still have to find my first! Decent hunt man and enjoy that new deus!

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
03-13-2016, 11:59 AM
(03-12-2016 06:59 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote:  That case is a work of art, MRH! And the marbles and suspender clip are great digs, IMO Yes

It's obvious by now that the Deus has won you over, and after seeing many of the machines you use, would I be wrong in assuming that most of your hunting spots are early/mid 1800's homes sites, with a few farm fields sprinkled in? The reason I assume that is, those types of spots are normally littered with iron/trash, and the name of the game isn't so much depth, as it is speed/separation. Now, question...

What if your Deus broke, and you were stuck using a Racer, would you consider it a handicap, or would it do most of what the Deus can do?

Joe

Yes Joe -- I've come back around to the Deus (as well as) I just bought my 3rd CTX again too!

I've tested so many machines in the last couple yrs that there's no doubt in my mind personally that these 2 just can't be beat as a "combo".

And you're partially correct in that I hunt specifically 1800s sites but it's a more of a mix of sites in farm country.

As to the Racer = if I was stuck using one VS a Deus I'd have to say that it's a decent machine but in my opinion it is what it is and that's a "mid level" machine that does not measure up to a Deus in terms of versatility or functionality. If you have a million sites littered with a billion tiny bits of iron/nails then it's a great machine with the small oor 5" coil installed and will pull stuff most other machines can't see but outside of that = there's many other machines on the market I can think of that are much more useful for many more sites/conditions. Yes

BeerBeer

MichiganRelicHunter, proud to be a digger since 1977
03-13-2016, 08:57 PM
Nice man. Hey, text me, lost your number...phone problems.

My empire of dirt.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-14-2016, 06:24 PM
Always love finding a marble in the mix!! Like -- BONUS!!
03-16-2016, 02:52 PM
Excellent finds! The Deus is a great machine. It can really sniff out the good targets, and your post just proved that!

RelicMedic, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Nov 2014.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Round 2 at pre civil war house ohioturkeyhunter 1 85 07-23-2017 09:21 PM
Last Post: Ohio Dirt Fisher
  NOKTA IMPACT/DI99 ON CLEANUP DUTY BEHIND DEUS :D MichiganRelicHunter 7 511 05-05-2017 09:59 AM
Last Post: Kajunman
  DEUS STILL REIGNS AS BUTTON KING :D MichiganRelicHunter 2 200 04-30-2017 05:13 PM
  Deus Hunt #2 Finds Cavalry Pin :D MichiganRelicHunter 3 252 04-30-2017 10:16 AM
Last Post: DigDugNY
  DEUS HUNT AT 1850s - 1880s HOUSE SITE IN WOODS MichiganRelicHunter 1 159 04-25-2017 10:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)