Did I mess up ?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Find all posts by this user
05-15-2016, 05:35 AM
Did I mess up ?
Quote this message in a reply
I went to an estate sale today and I bought a White's Classic sl for 50 bucks thinking I would play around with it and if I didn't fall in love with it I could resell it.
   While I was carrying it to the car a guy offered me 100 bucks for it. The color of his money looked good so I doubled my money , but never even got to play with my new toy.
   Now I am wondering if I should have kept it and if it was worth more than the c note  the guy paid me for it. Plus it would have been an excuse to do some dirt fishing , something I have not had much opportunity to do lately......

Digsit, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2016.
Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-15-2016, 09:06 AM
RE: Did I mess up ?
sounds good take the money and run

Steveo, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jun 2013.
05-15-2016, 11:02 AM
I agree with Steveo! I would have done the exact same thing.

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
05-15-2016, 03:56 PM
I would have done the same thing. That's about top dollar for that machine and if it was untested it may not have even worked properly.

biggredd1972, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013. Proud to be using a White's DFX with sunrayDX1 inline probe.Newly added in Jan/2015 White's V3I.
05-16-2016, 12:34 AM
Depends how bad I wanted it... I might of kept it if I liked it. If I was willing to part with it I'd of said..
$125 and it's yours and then settled with about $115 Tongue

Either way you made a quick $50 on a unit that might not of worked properly like bigred mentioned. Which is a good quick flip to me!YesYes

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
05-16-2016, 02:18 PM
I would say you made a good choice. Deals pop up all the time on the older equipment if you really want to find them.

-Whites 5900 DI Pro SL cb.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)