Drive in movie theaters

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Find all posts by this user
07-04-2016, 06:54 PM
Drive in movie theaters
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2016 06:55 PM by Zachbl92.)
Quote this message in a reply
Took Cassandra on a surprise date to the drive ins last night! Was a good time besides her falling asleep during the first movie! Got there at 8:45 for independence day and then the movie we both really wanted to see...Tarzan at 11:05. Ended up getting home at 1:15! Was pretty fun and not too expensive! Only $30 for the both of us for both movies, a coffee and a cheese fry! Not bad! Enjoy the 4th all!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
07-04-2016, 07:57 PM
RE: Drive in movie theaters
Cool. Did you look for a grassy area outside of the snak shop? That is where the coins will be hidding, ha ha ha

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.
07-04-2016, 09:26 PM
It was dark so I couldn't see much! But I've always wanted to detect it! I'm sure there's so much trash and clad but it was built in 1949 so I'm sure there quite a few silvers around. It also closed 1989 and reopened in 2004!

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
07-04-2016, 11:13 PM
Cool! I've never had anyone fall asleep on a movie date before! (Not!) Avatar no less.(She said it was too predictable cowboys and indians stuff!) There's only one functional drive in remaining over here. Sad to see because there used to be dozens. They were a fun night out!

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
07-05-2016, 09:19 AM
We used to have a drive in close by , it was a great night out. When it closed down a few years ago I got detect it .
   I found a lot of clad and junk , but not even one silver.....
   That is a keeper for date night , I hope Cassandra enjoys it , good cheap date ideas are getting harder to come by.

Digsit, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2016.
Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2016, 09:50 PM
I've never been to a drive-in movie. I remember a fella on a forum though, back a number of years ago, who had a few near the town he lived in, somewhere down south, but they all closed down. He wound up getting permission to detect them, and he'd reguarly post about his hunts. He found a ton of clad & jewelry, as well as some old coins.

Used to be, drive-in's were baby making meccas, back in the day. Do you actually remember any of the movie, Zach??? Chuckle

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Great Treasure Movie NjNyDigger 12 701 07-04-2016 08:08 AM
Last Post: updownup
  Best Treasure Movie? NjNyDigger 6 517 01-14-2014 08:58 PM
Last Post: micahmoore

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)