Finally getting some time to go

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
12-24-2017, 08:53 AM
Finally getting some time to go
Quote this message in a reply
I got a new permission, the owner says it was built in 1812. It’s just a few 100 yards away from a still standing one room school house built in the 1790’s era. There’s a graveyard beside it with a couple “war of 1812” soldiers gravesites. Anyways, she tells me her dad used to metal detect so I didn’t have much faith in the house area. There are acres and acres of fields though. Her brother did tell me that back behind the house was an old log cabin and show me where it was app so I’ve been hitting it. I have found a couple goodies including my oldest going to date. In 1835 capped bust half dime!
Also found a “Boyce Motto Meter” made for car radiators from 1912-1920’s

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

ohioturkeyhunter, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Aug 2016.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-24-2017, 10:41 AM
RE: Finally getting some time to go
Wow great finds- should be a lot more there. Ground is solid here for atleast 3 more months. Congrats

Steveo, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jun 2013.
12-24-2017, 11:15 AM
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2017 11:16 AM by Ohio Dirt Fisher.)
Congrats on the Capped half dime and all the other great finds! I'm with Steveo, keep at it!

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
12-24-2017, 03:44 PM
Good job on scouting out and securing a new permission. And real nice finds to get you started, especially the half dime. Like the other posters, I'd be willing to bet there's much more to be found and I'm hoping to see some new finds soon. By the way, Merry Christmas to you Turkey Hunter!

shadeseeker, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
12-24-2017, 09:54 PM
What a great permission! I love the coins , but I am excited to see the motometer part , during the warmer months I love driving around a car with one of those on it.
Your post is warming my heart , we are getting 3 to 5 inches of (pardon my swear word) snow today Sad
I hope to see more posts from such a history filled area.
Merry Christmas and happy hunting!
Pat

Digsit, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2016.
Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.
12-26-2017, 09:31 PM
Thanks guys! I hoped to get back there Friday and try hitting it with the AT Max. It’s hard to leave the Nokta in the truck.
Pat, I had to look the Boyce motto meter up? I had no idea what it was. Looked like silver when I pulled it out. I still don’t know what it is made of. That would be awesome to drive a car that has a motto meter out front!!

ohioturkeyhunter, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Aug 2016.
12-27-2017, 11:33 AM
(12-26-2017 09:31 PM)ohioturkeyhunter Wrote:  Thanks guys! I hoped to get back there Friday and try hitting it with the AT Max. It’s hard to leave the Nokta in the truck.
Pat, I had to look the Boyce motto meter up? I had no idea what it was. Looked like silver when I pulled it out. I still don’t know what it is made of. That would be awesome to drive a car that has a motto meter out front!!

I honestly do not know what a motometer is made of but for those that don't know , it mounts on the radiator cap of an old car and serves as the equivalent of a temperature gauge.
I hope you do get to hit this site again , my dirt fishing fix comes from you lucky people who don't have rock hard ground and wind chills below zero. The forecasted high is 15 degrees for my area today.
GL and HH
Pat

Digsit, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2016.
Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.
12-27-2017, 04:12 PM
It’s supposed to get down to 5 tonight here. It was a high of 19 yesterday so I’m guessing that the ground might be frozen here too Friday.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-27-2017, 10:46 PM
WOW_- Congrats on a great coin and other great finds!! Keep at it and look forward to seeing the other goodies from this site!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  First time out in a long time! Flukenut65 10 884 04-05-2015 01:15 AM
Last Post: leo aranza
  last time i got a real gun,this time a toy one. leo aranza 3 604 09-21-2013 08:17 PM
Last Post: leo aranza

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)