Finally got rain...and silver!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Finally got rain...and silver!
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2013 07:12 PM by NjNyDigger.)
Quote this message in a reply
We've been short on the wet stuff here in NJ. Haven't had any heavy rains in more than a month. Well, the skies finally opened up this week...big time. Got at least a few inches since last Tuesday Big Grin Today was a dandy of a hunt. Hit one of my old honey holes where I picked up a barber quarter & a merc last week, but, it was flooded, too rooty & tons of bugs, so, decided to try another good spot I have. Glad I did...

Not 5 minutes after getting there, I get a perfect 38 on the Safari - which is normally silver if its deep - about 3 or 4" down out pops a 44 merc. About 45 minutes later, I get a deeeeeep signal that was bouncing from iron to the 30's on the VDI. Dug down a good 10" and out comes an 1897 barber dime!

Also dug a wheat or two, some clad and the normal junk. Hunted a good 6 hours & my arm felt like it was gonna fall off. The skies started to darken too. As soon as I walked to my car & packed my gear away, I saw a HUGE bolt of lightning & probably the loudest boom of thunder in my life, it truly sounded like a 747 crashed right next to my car, that's how loud it was! I almost s@&t my pants, lol.

Then the hell began. One of the worst storms I've ever seen. I truly think a mini twister passed through. Hail, branches flying all over, buckets of rain. I couldn't drive, was sitting in the car hoping a tree wouldn't fall on me.

All worth it though...cause I got some silver Cool

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
05-26-2013, 11:18 AM
RE: Finally got rain...and silver!
(05-11-2013 05:34 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote:  We've been short on the wet stuff here in NJ. Haven't had any heavy rains in more than a month. Well, the skies finally opened up this week...big time. Got at least a few inches since last Tuesday Big Grin Today was a dandy of a hunt. Hit one of my old honey holes where I picked up a barber quarter & a merc last week, but, it was flooded, too rooty & tons of bugs, so, decided to try another good spot I have. Glad I did...

Not 5 minutes after getting there, I get a perfect 38 on the Safari - which is normally silver if its deep - about 3 or 4" down out pops a 44 merc. About 45 minutes later, I get a deeeeeep signal that was bouncing from iron to the 30's on the VDI. Dug down a good 10" and out comes an 1897 barber dime!

Also dug a wheat or two, some clad and the normal junk. Hunted a good 6 hours & my arm felt like it was gonna fall off. The skies started to darken too. As soon as I walked to my car & packed my gear away, I saw a HUGE bolt of lightning & probably the loudest boom of thunder in my life, it truly sounded like a 747 crashed right next to my car, that's how loud it was! I almost s@&t my pants, lol.

Then the hell began. One of the worst storms I've ever seen. I truly think a mini twister passed through. Hail, branches flying all over, buckets of rain. I couldn't drive, was sitting in the car hoping a tree wouldn't fall on me.

All worth it though...cause I got some silver Cool

It's great to read stories like this and gives newbies like me a higher urge to get out there and start exploring!

It's lucky nothing bad happened to you in that storm but it's great you found some coins out of it.

What would you say the value is of those coins you found on that one run?

andyred, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since May 2013.
Find all posts by this user
05-27-2013, 01:48 PM
RE: Finally got rain...and silver!
Good haul there! Shame about the weather though!

James, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since May 2013.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Decided to do a short hunt in the rain today + finds from earlier this week Zachbl92 10 631 11-13-2016 04:13 PM
Last Post: leo aranza
  FINALLY GOT OUT, 3 HUNTS ::: 3 SILVER, 29 WHEATS leo aranza 10 607 04-13-2016 07:23 PM
Last Post: Kajunman
  #104 > 106! 2.5 hours in light rain on grass! Ohio Dirt Fisher 17 1,473 12-17-2015 11:34 PM
Last Post: Ohio Dirt Fisher
  It started to rain................ Sven TreasureLinx 5 436 11-01-2015 12:59 PM
Last Post: Sven TreasureLinx
  New finds in the rain jackrijsdijk 6 591 10-19-2015 10:19 PM
Last Post: Bigtony

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)