Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
06-06-2016, 03:18 PM
First look at the New Wire-Free Pro Headphones
Quote this message in a reply
These are not on the shelves yet.
Did get a sample in today to try out.
First impressions they look great. Put them on my noggin which they fit perfectly, covering my ears
and are super comfortable.

Will report back on them later as I have lots to take care of this afternoon.

Nokta Impact, Deteknix Quest Pro,Teknetics Mark 1
Self built Mirage PI's --- they work great!!
Free Vintage Metal Detector Catalog Downloads, Tips, Mods
http://www.treasurelinx.com/home1.html
06-06-2016, 05:24 PM
RE: First look at the New Wire-Free Pro Headphones
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2016 05:25 PM by updownup.)
They look good and comfortable. Hopefully no lag or lost of signal, quality sound too. Happy Waiting on your opinion and special discount.

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
06-07-2016, 07:38 AM
Have them on charge now.
They are supposed to be the first lag free Blue-tooth heaphones.

06-07-2016, 07:39 AM
Yeah they do look comfortable.
I wish they made cotton covers for the ear muffs for all head phones

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.
06-07-2016, 08:51 AM
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2016 08:56 AM by updownup.)
(06-07-2016 07:39 AM)Bigtony Wrote:  Yeah they do look comfortable.
I wish they made cotton covers for the ear muffs for all head phones

Maybe you could use a toddler's sock? I agree this would help with sweating and keeping them clean.

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
06-07-2016, 12:33 PM
Interesting idea, cool

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.
06-07-2016, 02:29 PM
(06-06-2016 03:18 PM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote:  These are not on the shelves yet.
Did get a sample in today to try out.
First impressions they look great. Put them on my noggin which they fit perfectly, covering my ears
and are super comfortable.

Will report back on them later as I have lots to take care of this afternoon.

They look great! Bet they're expensive! Gl and hh!

Thevipermc, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Dec 2015, swinging a garrett ace 200i
06-07-2016, 04:52 PM
Can't wait on your review! I'd finally love to get a pair of wireless headphones.

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
06-13-2016, 09:59 AM
Did get out last night for a few hours, found a schoolyard with some softer ground areas to do some plugging, the place I had planned on hunting was being used by baseball players. Ended up at one of my so-so favored places just down the road. I named Canslaw City. There's only two detectors I found that can navigate thru this place finding more coins than canslaw--Deteknix Quest and White's IDX. Because I wanted to test the new wireless Deteknix headphones I grabbed the FS2 with 5" coil . After 2.5 hours had a pouch crammed with canslaw from small to large pcs. Only about 8 coins for my effort, a lousy $1.35.

For those who want to know about the new Wire-Free Pro headphones.
They are very comfortable. Audio is not as treble- harsh as some wired metal detector headphones, a bit softer in sound.
I didn't notice any lag but did notice some static his after sweeping across a target. It was a second of static that sounded like a microphone hiss after
keying a CB microphone. You could hear it in the back ground just after the coil passes over a target. The headphones I have, are a pre-production unit, software is still being worked on at the factory before release to eliminate the hiss. Mind you its not bad, just not what everyone is used to hearing. It actually can be a good indicator of trash as I noticed yesterday. The bigger the canslaw and if it was closer to the surface, you got the hiss. Smaller canslaw, maybe no hiss unless you swept the coil across the target fast. Some surface targets, coins and other trinkets included with a standard narrow good target response provided a hiss. Deeper coin targets or other targets in general provided no hiss. With the FS2, the hiss provided an indicator of the target being trash or a surface target, if your detectors overload target response did not sound off. As a side note when bench testing some other detectors, the hiss was less or almost non-existant. I am going to let a club member and his son test the headphones as they have several different detectors. Also, would like to mention, few commented about the large amount of excess headphone cross-over wire between the ear cups and headband that could get snagged on things.
Please remember my pair was pre-production. I solved that problem with a pc. of headshrink tubing to attach the wire to the headband ear cup frame. And shoved the excess wire under the snap-on head band cover. Similar fashion to the Grey Ghosts etc.

Each ear cup has a waterproof, o-ring sealed cap that covers the charging plug jack . The other side has a jack for a 3.5mm headphone plug and cord, kind of nifty if you want to go wired and plug into any audio device. Don't know but maybe you can have the headset working wireless with your detector and listen to your MP3 music player or keep your cell-phone on stand by......dunno....Rolleyes

By, the way. I did hook up the transmitter to the Quest Pro. Used the wired headphone adapter cable to see how they would work compared to the standard wireless headphones supplied with it. Went this route as iI didn't know if the WF pros could be paired directly to the Quest. Worked fine, they are more comfy.

Extra note on findings.

A right angle plug on the transmitter and right angle 1/4" to 1/8" adapter would be better than straight plugs for most detectors, especially for those with headphone jacks on the side of the control box like Fishers, Teknetics ..........................On the FS2 which has a jack set up like the two detectors mentioned the the transmitter straight plug and wire really sticks out the side way too much, just waiting to get snagged or damaged.

.jpg  1465826361_wfr1.jpg (Size: 446.25 KB / Downloads: 10)
.jpg  1465826372_wf2.jpg (Size: 397.07 KB / Downloads: 10)
.jpg  1465826380_wf3.jpg (Size: 350.91 KB / Downloads: 11)

06-13-2016, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the info Sven YesYes cute bear too Tongue

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Wireless Headphones NjNyDigger 21 1,109 03-15-2017 05:20 PM
Last Post: JWalton
  Question about my 2nd pair of GG headphones. Replaced speaker? Helppp Zachbl92 13 1,049 05-27-2016 02:26 AM
Last Post: rockhunter005
  Headphones ???? bulletbob 17 2,088 07-08-2015 06:45 PM
Last Post: Bubbadirect

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)