Garrett Pro Pointer Update!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
06-26-2015, 06:45 PM
Garrett Pro Pointer Update!
Quote this message in a reply
As promised I'm letting you all know what transpired with Garrett Repair in Garland, Texas. As you can see by the pic I'm fairly certain they sent me a new Pointer. The turnaround time from the time I shipped it to receiving it back was 9 days (Priority Mail out and Fed Ex in). Which ain't too bad. This was the second time I shipped a Pro Pointer back to them and I packed the original repair invoice with it for their reference. And as a FYI, if you had something repaired once by them note that you should use the original RMA # both packed with the item and on the shipping label.

They called me last Friday after they received it and said they would have to fix it for $54.87 because as a replaced unit it was out of warranty. I said "Go ahead.". I figured I got about 3 years out of the first one and I thought that was a fair price. But it looks like they replaced the whole unit. Serial # is different and it looks new and smells from new plastic.

So I'm happy. I now have a spare if the AT goes on the fritz. Which by the way, I'm very pleased with. The AT really gets some depth once you get used to field programming it. Saves a lot of time on digging.

Another tip that I'll mention is when you first get your new pointer, take some good thick clear shipping tape and put a piece over the butt screw cap end and trim it with a razor blade. That'll help preserve the serial # of the unit.

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!!!

ODF

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
06-27-2015, 05:58 AM
RE: Garrett Pro Pointer Update!
ODF didn't you mention you had a deteknix that needed repair as well ? I too love my PPAT. Garrett did a fine job on that tool.

I have 3 best friends. Their names are Ace 350 , AT Pro ,  and a Fisher F 75 but I like people too.
06-27-2015, 11:21 AM
(06-27-2015 05:58 AM)Kajunman Wrote:  ODF didn't you mention you had a deteknix that needed repair as well ? I too love my PPAT. Garrett did a fine job on that tool.

Yes, I did, but I can't find the box for it. I think it's buried in my truck somewhere. I'll get around to sending it out sooner or later. I procrastinate a lot! LOLBeer

06-27-2015, 11:46 AM
thanks for posting - I think you are right 55 bucks in three years isn't bad - and I say that because I have mine since the spring and it is a cool tool
I don't know why I didn't spring for it sooner, man was I a dumb detectorist

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.
06-27-2015, 01:50 PM
(06-27-2015 11:46 AM)Bigtony Wrote:  thanks for posting - I think you are right 55 bucks in three years isn't bad - and I say that because I have mine since the spring and it is a cool tool

Tony, I wouldn't say dumb! Inexperienced sure. I first started with one of those freebies that Kellco gives you with the machine. Needless to say I pretty much destroyed it in 2 months but was able to cobble repair it three times. I gave it to my daughter in law after I got the PP and she still uses it, as my son doesn't have time to go. I came to realize that without a pinpointer you're spending more time searching the hole and waving handfuls of dirt over the coil than you are actually detecting.

And the price was right! Now I have a "Plethora!" of pinpointers!! LOL Yes The more the merrier I say!

06-27-2015, 07:09 PM
ODF, Ed yeah someone gave me a realy long pinpointer and I used it for about a year and some folks would laugh when they saw it. Finally I lent it to another detectorist and he used it to dig with - I heard the crack - I used a strong cement but finally gave in and bought a differrent cheaper one.
No turning back now - Pro pointer is a must have
thanks for sharing your situatrion

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-27-2015, 09:25 PM
Very good deal, and excellent customer service. I've seen guys on other forums saying how they dont want/need a pinpointer, and I don't know how they could do it. It's truly one of those items that you don't really appreciate until you don't have one anymore. Don't think I'd enjoy hunting very much without one.

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
06-27-2015, 10:25 PM
(06-27-2015 01:50 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote:  
(06-27-2015 11:46 AM)Bigtony Wrote:  thanks for posting - I think you are right 55 bucks in three years isn't bad - and I say that because I have mine since the spring and it is a cool tool

Tony, I wouldn't say dumb! Inexperienced sure. I first started with one of those freebies that Kellco gives you with the machine. Needless to say I pretty much destroyed it in 2 months but was able to cobble repair it three times. I gave it to my daughter in law after I got the PP and she still uses it, as my son doesn't have time to go. I came to realize that without a pinpointer you're spending more time searching the hole and waving handfuls of dirt over the coil than you are actually detecting.

And the price was right!  Now I have a "Plethora!" of pinpointers!! LOL Yes The more the merrier I say!

ODF my first pinpointer was part of my ACE 350 package my wife got me for Christmas. Ya it's not a great pinpointer but it beat the heck outta not having one. Love my wife so much for the upgraded package that Christmas. She did good.

I have 3 best friends. Their names are Ace 350 , AT Pro ,  and a Fisher F 75 but I like people too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Garrett Pro Pointer from China on Ebay cajamk 8 284 01-04-2017 10:07 PM
Last Post: Zachbl92
  Opinion needed Garrett Ace 400 vs Land Ranger Pro cajamk 10 772 01-04-2017 08:58 AM
Last Post: Digsit
  Quest Pro Update! Cladjunky 10 814 10-07-2016 10:25 AM
Last Post: Riverteamsixdetectors
  Do you use rechargeable 9 volt batteries for pin pointer? Bigtony 14 624 04-08-2016 01:39 PM
Last Post: Bigtony
  UPDATE: Old bottle cleaned Zachbl92 3 401 11-20-2015 09:38 PM
Last Post: NjNyDigger

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)