Ghost Town + Nokta Fors Relic = a BIG Penny!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
04-23-2016, 10:19 PM
Ghost Town + Nokta Fors Relic = a BIG Penny!
Quote this message in a reply
Hey all,

took the new Fors Relic out for its 2nd spin today at the old ghost town I've been hunting on/off for the past 5 yrs now.

This is the scenario = imagine you took a pickup truck loaded with square nails level with the bed height and then drove around a field throwing them by the handful in every direction back and forth over and over until the entire field was covered in them no matter where you walk/swing your detector and then plow them under with a tractor/plow and then repeat the above and that's what I pulled these 5 targets out of today!

This place is your worst nightmare when it comes to iron infestation and on top of that = I've had at least 20 different machines in this place several times over to the point that the site has stopped producing finds with all other machines I've used in there this yr so far. Not even the mighty Deus nor CTX has pulled a single decent target out of there this season!

Fast forward to the Nokta Fors Relic with small 5" DD coil and BAM!

I worked my XXX off for 3 hrs straight in a non stop barrage of machine gun iron and all I could pull in those 3 hrs is the 5 targets below (LC, 2 stinkin wheats, a rivit, and a tiny .22 casing).

The marble and the clay pipe stem pieces were eyeball finds while swinging Big Grin

HH

[Image: IMG_2825_zpsloxokveo.jpg]

MichiganRelicHunter, proud to be a digger since 1977
04-23-2016, 10:27 PM
RE: Ghost Town + Nokta Fors Relic = a BIG Penny!
Well I guess I can say that persistence really pays off!! Yes That Nokta seems to do the trick! And congrats on a beautifully preserved LC! Yes Beer WTG Wayne!

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
04-23-2016, 10:41 PM
Great hunt you ended with. That largie is is exceptional condition.  Thanks for sharing your story

Detecting is more than a hobby, it is a passion
04-23-2016, 10:47 PM
Awesome finds , especially in a "hunted out" site. I hope you keep finding the good stuff. Those Noktas seem to be good machines.
HH
Pat

Digsit, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2016.
Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-24-2016, 12:15 PM
Smokin LC, Wayne...it's in amazing condition Happy

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
04-24-2016, 06:03 PM
Great score on the large cent! That's my type of site! I go looking for the blanket of nails. Chances are, other detectorists steer clear of the nails due to falsing and getting a migraine after 5 minutes of swinging. Go slow, listen close and don't get frustrated. It works for me and it obviously worked for you! Great hunt!

RelicMedic, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Nov 2014.
04-24-2016, 07:35 PM
Damn bro that's what's up! That large cent is beautiful. Great hunt man!

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-24-2016, 07:38 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2016 07:39 PM by NjNyDigger.)
We don't have many sites with blanket iron/nails around here, but, I too love hunting that kinda spot. What I DON'T like hunting is a blanket of modern trash! Yes, that modern trash could be masking something older, but I simply don't have the patience for it. If I'm going to deal with the headache of hunting a blanket of junk, I'd like to have the possibility of being rewarded with something extremely old, and chances are, if there's aged iron on top, what's below/next to it stands a much better chance of being old, versus a blanket of modern crap on top.

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Nokta impact ohioturkeyhunter 10 267 08-25-2017 07:57 PM
Last Post: ohioturkeyhunter
  Nokta Impact Sven TreasureLinx 4 152 07-30-2017 10:12 PM
Last Post: Sven TreasureLinx
  NOKTA IMPACT DIGS/FRESH OUTTA THE DIRT :-D MichiganRelicHunter 6 258 05-28-2017 11:47 PM
Last Post: shadeseeker
  Buddy finds rare penny on trail leo aranza 5 311 05-12-2017 07:33 AM
Last Post: Kajunman
  NOKTA IMPACT/DI99 ON CLEANUP DUTY BEHIND DEUS :D MichiganRelicHunter 7 511 05-05-2017 09:59 AM
Last Post: Kajunman

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)