Has anyone just coin shoot for a particular item?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
06-16-2015, 09:59 PM
Has anyone just coin shoot for a particular item?
Quote this message in a reply
There have been times whren I decided to go to a park and just coin shoot for nickels or jewerly, but I searched for a range of numbers when doing this.

Has anyone out there done something similar?

And if you don't care much about just coin shooting and am bored with this post - well no big deal but this is a hobby and I like to hear what others have tried.

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.
06-16-2015, 11:41 PM
RE: Has anyone just coin shoot for a particular item?
I have never gone after one item. I don't get to go out all that often so it's all good but I do run a coin & jewelry program.

biggredd1972, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013. Proud to be using a White's DFX with sunrayDX1 inline probe.Newly added in Jan/2015 White's V3I.
06-17-2015, 09:25 AM
BigRed, this was the first time I did it in a very long time too. I used to do it at lunch time when I worked and the parks nearby didn't have many coins anyway. So I would expieriment with different targets. No big deal but it was a fun thing to pass the short amount of time

06-17-2015, 09:13 PM
I've tried to run sniping screens on my SE but I end up just going back to all metal and listen to the chatter. But I look for "coins" only. Whatever else comes along with that is just gravy (silver jewelry) as far as I'm concerned. Probably why I don't get any gold or gold rings. (but tons of pull tabs) Someday I'm going to run a sniping screen that has a big hole in the middle and just dig everything that hits inside it. Maybe in the Fall when it cools down.

ODF

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
06-17-2015, 11:31 PM
Wink RE: Has anyone just coin shoot for a particular item?
I did that today as a matter of fact.
Hot day , low keyed attitude so I went to a shady park with the Deus and just looked for solid mid 40's readings in 18 khz which tend to be gold hiding in the canslaw and pull tabs. Didn't find any this trip but the dog enjoyed the scenery for 90 minutes or so. It has worked before. I don't pass up a solid coin reading even if it's a zinc (which often reveal some interesting targets) but I concentrate on those good sounding low conductors the most. I have had the best luck doing this with the etrac but the first time with the Deus I turned up a nice 10k mens ring under a trashy tree next to a totlot--there were big clouds out today and I was hoping lightning might strike twice Happy

Dusty, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Aug 2013.
06-18-2015, 09:09 AM
ODF\Ed, yeah it is tough to just consentrate on one item now that I am retired. I tend to get distracted and the idea fades away.

Dusty, I understand and like that idea of going for low targets in trashy areas.
That was my idea too this last time out because I haven't found a gold ring in a long time - been consentrating on silvers or deep coins.
Good luck to you both

06-18-2015, 10:34 PM
Interesting concept Tony. I may have to give that a try. Never thought of targeting one particular coin.

I have 3 best friends. Their names are Ace 350 , AT Pro ,  and a Fisher F 75 but I like people too.
06-25-2015, 08:28 PM
I have done something similar. Usually at a location I am able to hunt for a long time the first time I am there I look for silver (75-99VDI), than the second time I look for Gold (44-75VDI), and the third time I look for the whole range(35-99). Also, every time I hunt on a different day I hunt from Eeast to West than North to South than Diagonally if I have time. This concept has worked for me many times and hopefully other hunters will also adopt this technique.

rexy, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jun 2015.
06-26-2015, 08:52 AM
great method of detecting, i am sure it will help others

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-27-2015, 09:34 PM
On land it's only coins & relic pieces I'm after, and on sand it's the gold. I've been digging a TON of nickel tones & even foil numbers within the past 6 months. Not only hoping for some turf yellow, but to kill the monotony of just waiting for and digging deep high tones. Needed to mix it up a bit. Wanted to see what I was missing. I like doing it, but it's tough to do for an entire hunt, especially when it's hot.

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)