Hello from Hong Kong

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
04-22-2014, 11:30 AM
Hello from Hong Kong
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2014 11:32 AM by sonnie.)
Quote this message in a reply
Hello everyone.  My name is Sonnie.  I 'm living in Hong Kong, and still thinking which one should I get for my first metal detector Garrett ACE 350 or AT Pro.  Anyway if u guys are from the area pm me, so we can make the metal detecting community in Hong Kong stronger and stronger!

sonnie, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Mar 2014.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-22-2014, 12:37 PM
RE: Hello from Hong Kong
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2014 12:38 PM by NjNyDigger.)
Hi, Sonnie! Wow, Hong Kong, that's a new one. Don't think there's others from your area here, but, nonetheless, we're glad you made it...welcome aboard!

I'd go with the AT Pro if the funds are there. It's pretty much one of the top tier units by Garrett. I've used the Gold (which is basically the same) and it's a good, solid detector. The Ace 350 just wouldn't be able to compare, obviously, as they're a bit different in price.

Show us some asian treasure!!!

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
04-22-2014, 06:10 PM
Hong Kong!! That's cool. Welcome to the forum! I would defiantly go with the AT Pro over the 350. If you get to know the AT Pro and learn the machine very well you will do good with it. Good luck and happy hunting! I hope to see some cool finds from Hong Kong in the near future!

PAunderground, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Mar 2014.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-22-2014, 07:07 PM
Welcome Sonnie sorry I don't know which detector would be the right one the At pro is a great detector but not being from your area. I wouldn't know which way to steer you. As the different soil takes different detector.

Steveo, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jun 2013.
04-22-2014, 08:42 PM
Welcome Sonnie , from the USA , New Jersey. Will be waiting to see what you find .

proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Aug 2013.
04-22-2014, 09:27 PM
Welcome Sonnie from NE Ohio, USA! Holy Cow, Hong Kong! Glad your here!

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
04-22-2014, 09:59 PM
Welcome to the forum from Pittsburgh PA USA. How is the weather over there? You near the beach?

PittsburghWill, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men"  Willy Wonka

I've lived. Not always well, but long enough.
04-24-2014, 09:38 AM
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2014 10:37 AM by sonnie.)
I guess I will save up some more for a AT Pro...  but do u guys know what is the difference between AT Pro and AT Pro International?

(04-22-2014 06:10 PM)PAunderground Wrote:  Hong Kong!! That's cool. Welcome to the forum! I would defiantly go with the AT Pro over the 350. If you get to know the AT Pro and learn the machine very well you will do good with it. Good luck and happy hunting! I hope to see some cool finds from Hong Kong in the near future!

Sure willWink

(04-22-2014 12:37 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote:  Hi, Sonnie! Wow, Hong Kong, that's a new one. Don't think there's others from your area here, but, nonetheless, we're glad you made it...welcome aboard!

I'd go with the AT Pro if the funds are there. It's pretty much one of the top tier units by Garrett. I've used the Gold (which is basically the same) and it's a good, solid detector. The Ace 350 just wouldn't be able to compare, obviously, as they're a bit different in price.

Show us some asian treasure!!!

Joe

I know there is some people will metal detects around the WWII military sites, I had seen a person walk out of the bush with a metal detector on one hand, and a rusted WWII Japanese on the other.  I had just bought these books today to studying up.  Hope I won't let u guys down.[/size][/font][/color]

(04-22-2014 09:59 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote:  Welcome to the forum from Pittsburgh PA USA.   How is the weather over there?  You near the beach?

The weather is hot, and muggy during the summer.  I live fairly close to the beach.  I guess I will go to the beach to try my luck first, before go look around the old Forts

I can't find any shop that will sell metal detector in Hong Kong, and I can't find a reliable metal detector store that will ship directly to Hong Kong......   I guess I have to have it ship to my home in the States, and then ship to me.....

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-27-2014, 04:13 PM
Hi Sonnie and welcome!!
I have an AT Pro so I pretty much know the gig--I would suggest getting a less complicated machine with fewer settings, buttons, gadgets etc.  Work your way up from the bottom, but don't forget to go back to some of the places you've already been to!! Ace 150 to 250 to AT Pro would be your best bet!
Please don't forget to comply with local rules, regulations and LAWS!!!  Check out if you're allowed to detect and if you find something, are you required to turn it in, etc!!!
We genuinely hope to see some of your great finds here in the near future!!!
Good Luck & Happy Hunting!!!

drgeorge, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Mar 2014.
04-28-2014, 10:22 AM
(04-27-2014 04:13 PM)drgeorge Wrote:  Hi Sonnie and welcome!!
I have an AT Pro so I pretty much know the gig--I would suggest getting a less complicated machine with fewer settings, buttons, gadgets etc.  Work your way up from the bottom, but don't forget to go back to some of the places you've already been to!! Ace 150 to 250 to AT Pro would be your best bet!
Please don't forget to comply with local rules, regulations and LAWS!!!  Check out if you're allowed to detect and if you find something, are you required to turn it in, etc!!!
We genuinely hope to see some of your great finds here in the near future!!!
Good Luck & Happy Hunting!!!
Thx man....  I 'm right now thinking about ACE350 or Euro ACE to start up with.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)