hope the drought is over

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
07-26-2014, 06:39 PM
hope the drought is over
Quote this message in a reply
Went to the city this morning to grab a few things at the outdoor store. Brought along the gbpro and drove around the ghetto to see if anything was happening. Spotted a small demo,and my buddy Dan was already there. Guess its been going on for awhile,didnt get the memo. Right away got a seated dime.SWEET, been living vicariously through Joe and Ron. By this time another old timer named Bob showed up. I found the second seated,and Bob decided to come to my area and jump in front of me...and immedietly pulled out a 1831 Bust quarter...bastard! Ended the morning with a barberdime,a crusty shield nickel and a toasted V. Hope this is the beginning of making finds again,havent found crap in months! Going on a prospecting trip next week,hopefully find some yella.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

My empire of dirt.
07-26-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: hope the drought is over
Can't go wrong with that. Good finds man! Too bad ya didnt get that quarter

Detectors used: XP Deus ws4 11" coil, Minelab Sovereign GT
07-26-2014, 07:23 PM
nice catch on the silver coinage.
sounds like the hunters where swarming like buzzards.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-26-2014, 07:38 PM
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2014 08:50 PM by NjNyDigger.)
Ray, you're back!!! I thought you retired from the hobby and took up knitting instead!!! This deserves a HOLY SHIT! Two seated Yes When was the last one you dug? How many are you up to now?

I have a personal set of rules I live by in this pursuit, certain values. One of them is...

If somebody I'm with is pulling good stuff from an area where I'm not, I don't run over there like an asshole to try and invade their spot. That's common courtesy. Seeing a person dig awesome items, and then bum rushing the area they're hunting is a douche bag thing to do, and if I would've missed a bust (which I've never found, and a QUARTER no less!) I'd be royally pissed!!!!!

You're a better man than I, Ray, as I would've went straight for that fellas neck...friend or not. Just some things you don't do. At least, that's my take. If I'm out with someone that's not finding keepers, and I am, I gladfully tell them to come where I am, as it's hot, however, to just go into another detectors good luck zone to steal their thunder is low.

Awesome to have you back amongst the living Tongue

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
07-26-2014, 08:36 PM
(07-26-2014 07:38 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote:  Ray, you're back!!! I thought you retired from the hobby and took up knitting instead!!! This deserves a HOLY SHIT! Two seated Yes When was the last one you dug? How many are you up to now?

I have a personal set of rules I live by in this pursuit, certain values. One of them is...

If somebody I'm with is pulling good stuff from an area where I'm not, I don't run over there like an asshole to try and invade their spot. That's common courtesy. Seeing a person dig awesome items, and then bum rushing the area they're hunting is a douche bag thing to do, and if I would've missed a bust (which I've never found, and a QUARTER no less!) I'd be royally pissed!!!!!

You're a better man than I, Ray, as I would've went straight for that fellas neck...friend or not. Just some things you don't do. At least, that's my take. If I'm out with someone that's not finding keepers, and I am, I gladfully tell them to come where I am, as it's hot, however, to just go into another detectors good luck zone to steal their thunder is low.

Awesome to have you back among the living Tongue

Joe

Thank you joe, i had wrote a nice long reply detailing what i would have done to Mr buzzard Bob ...but, edited it to a kinder reply. glad to see you feel the same, i would have knocked his gold toof out and put it in my finds bag ... and took my quarter  ...
07-26-2014, 09:21 PM
Nice collection there Ray. Never found a seated here but there's always HOPE!

Glad you're back!!!

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
07-26-2014, 10:32 PM
(07-26-2014 07:23 PM)IndianaBones Wrote:  nice catch on the silver coinage.
sounds like the hunters where swarming like buzzards.

Nice finds Ray!  2 Seateds....in the ghetto?  Awesome!  

Bones and Joe, that same thing has happened to me.  I call them vultures.  But I like the ring of buzzards and since they're the same, I'll use that. 

Drives me f@cking crazy.

SLCdigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2013.
07-27-2014, 12:06 AM
Ive known Bob for a looong time...is what it is. Joe,that would be number 1&2 for the year...seriously have not had much luck,except for V nickles...which are my least favorite old coin,lol.

My empire of dirt.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-27-2014, 03:36 PM
WTG Ray!!

Nice scores and a bust would have been nice but at least you know that ol Bob got a bust because of your good fortune on the seated!!

It  is one thing when you hunt with a buddy and call them over to a spot because you are finding stuff, it is another when someone just bottom feeds off you because they know you are finding good stuff.  But when in a demo, not too many rules apply and if someone is a bottom feeder, they will continue to bottom feed regardless!!

Great stuff and glad you got out!!
07-27-2014, 04:20 PM
got back today, got a very crusty token. Word has it that the weeks before I discovered it,a $5gold coin came out...and my buddy Dan got a 3center. Was a good site,but think its about done for now.

My empire of dirt.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Silver drought ends scott demont 5 447 07-31-2016 08:58 PM
Last Post: Ohio Dirt Fisher

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)