Hunt with TC Member

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-20-2016, 07:23 PM
Hunt with TC Member
Quote this message in a reply
Had the pleasure of meeting up with fellow member Zach (Zachbl92) for a hunt, yesterday.

Talk about a fun-filled, adventurous, barrel-of-laughs outing!

From the friendly (and talkative!) farmer, who was gracious enough to let us detect his property, to the frequent speeding we did down old town backroads, and the few neat pieces of history we dug, it was a blast. More importantly though…

It was a tremendous honor to meet up with another TC member, and fellow treasure hunting addict. As he’s mentioned here before, he’s fairly new to the hobby, but he swings a stick like a pro! And he also happens to be one hell of a nice guy.

Zach, thank you for the experience. We’ll be meeting up again real soon Wink

While I pulled some neat stuff yesterday, the best piece by far, was a Lewis & Tomes Extra Rich flat button (photo, below). It even has some of the gold gilt still on it, and quite honestly, I was very happy with it.

I put together a short video showing a bit of the farm we hunted, no digs though, as they were in short supply at the place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI9mylMa...load_owner

Joe

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
03-20-2016, 07:54 PM
RE: Hunt with TC Member
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2016 07:55 PM by Zachbl92.)
Very kind words Joe! I also had a blast even though no pirate loot was found. The whole day, starting with our breakfast date and finding out you really weren't a creepy dude was great! Stopping and getting the permission and talking with ken and all the stories of everything was nuts but I enjoyed it. I think you left out the part where you screamed and ran towards me because you were afraid of the horses. Sorry Joe, called ya out! LOL! And so many more great memories and laughs. Getting kicked out of a park by a ranger... Almost getting attacked by hessian soldier's and so much more. Glad we were able to get out and meet and look forward to more outtings. And hopefully one day a tc hunt with a bunch of members! Thanks again for the great memories man, and sweet planted button! TongueChuckle

P.s I look super confused in the picture. I guess I was about to talk! Was that right before the park ranger came? Or the field?

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-20-2016, 08:01 PM
(03-20-2016 07:54 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote:  Very kind words Joe! I also had a blast even though no pirate loot was found. The whole day, starting with our breakfast date and finding out you really weren't a creepy dude was great! Stopping and getting the permission and talking with ken and all the stories of everything was nuts but I enjoyed it. I think you left out the part where you screamed and ran towards me because you were afraid of the horses. Sorry Joe, called ya out! LOL! And so many more great memories and laughs. Getting kicked out of a park by a ranger... Almost getting attacked by hessian soldier's and so much more. Glad we were able to get out and meet and look forward to more outtings. And hopefully one day a tc hunt with a bunch of members! Thanks again for the great memories man, and sweet planted button! TongueChuckle

P.s I look super confused in the picture. I guess I was about to talk! Was that right before the park ranger came? Or the field?

Those weren't Hessian soldiers, I looked it up online. It was actually a meeting of the teens of "NJ Prepper Awareness". IMO, I think that's worse than Hessian soldiers. We're all DOOMED! Lol

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
03-20-2016, 08:14 PM
We should of asked to join...I think that would of been better than running after them with our detectors! But I was thinking bro, I saw a horse riding trail where you can rent the horses and all. We should go one day!

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
03-20-2016, 10:16 PM
All right guys first off good finds great button Joe. Was cool the TC members are hunting together. Joe hope you like cows and not going to run awayChuckle and i have a question and maybe a answer at the same time! The interference on both machines qas it like on a timer , very frequent? If it was they more than likely have a electric fence. I had the worst couple days at the farm we are going to due to the fence. Now he lets me shut it off troubles gone. Anyways great gunt Joe and ZachYes

Detecting is more than a hobby, it is a passion
03-21-2016, 08:35 AM
It's always great to go detecting with a buddy, congratulations on a good outing!

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.
03-21-2016, 03:36 PM
Nice to hear, members hunting together. Zach is building rapport with TC's top brass! Zach you didn't get to pick & keep one of the invites treasure? That lewis & tomes button would been a nice addition to your collection. Lol

Glad the both of you had fun and thanks for sharing.

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
03-26-2016, 04:08 PM
(03-20-2016 07:23 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote:  Had the pleasure of meeting up with fellow member Zach (Zachbl92) for a hunt, yesterday.

Talk about a fun-filled, adventurous, barrel-of-laughs outing!

From the friendly (and talkative!) farmer, who was gracious enough to let us detect his property, to the frequent speeding we did down old town backroads, and the few neat pieces of history we dug, it was a blast. More importantly though…

It was a tremendous honor to meet up with another TC member, and fellow treasure hunting addict. As he’s mentioned here before, he’s fairly new to the hobby, but he swings a stick like a pro! And he also happens to be one hell of a nice guy.

Zach, thank you for the experience. We’ll be meeting up again real soon Wink

While I pulled some neat stuff yesterday, the best piece by far, was a Lewis & Tomes Extra Rich flat button (photo, below). It even has some of the gold gilt still on it, and quite honestly, I was very happy with it.

I put together a short video showing a bit of the farm we hunted, no digs though, as they were in short supply at the place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI9mylMa...load_owner

Joe

What state you in? If I ever come on holiday there I'll be sure to bring my detector!

Thevipermc, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Dec 2015, swinging a garrett ace 200i
03-26-2016, 04:43 PM
Viper, we are from New Jersey

03-30-2016, 10:57 AM
Makes me wish I had the opportunity to come down there and pound the ground with you guys!

RelicMedic, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Nov 2014.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)