I apologize.

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
02-09-2015, 10:45 PM
I apologize.
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 11:04 PM by gcsod45.)
This will probably be deleted but I wont be here to see it.

I did not see the rules on the referral contest. After finding them I advised an admin that I was pulling myself from the contest. Because I had posted in other groups. I even offered to leave the forum. I was told no need to leave but that I need to go back and post apologies on every group and provide a link to those apologies.

I will go back and remove the link.

I think that is fair.

I have enjoyed being a part of this forum for a few days and have been very active but at this time I must bid a farewell

Happy Hunting Everyone

Let me make it clear. I was not at anytime asked by any Admin of this forum to leave the forum.

Thank You
Delbert
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-09-2015, 11:20 PM
RE: I apologize.
(02-09-2015 10:45 PM)gcsod45 Wrote:  This will probably be deleted but I wont be here to see it.

I did not see the rules on the referral contest. After finding them I advised an admin that I was pulling myself from the contest. Because I had posted in other groups. I even offered to leave the forum. I was told no need to leave but that I need to go back and post apologies on every group and provide a link to those apologies.

I will go back and remove the link.

I think that is fair.

I have enjoyed being a part of this forum for a few days and have been very active but at this time I must bid a farewell

Happy Hunting Everyone

Let me make it clear. I was not at anytime asked by any Admin of this forum to leave the forum.

Thank You
Delbert

Delbert speaks the truth, I did not ask him to leave, however...

I CLEARLY posted the rules/guidelines to the referral contest. I made it strikingly clear to any and all who read the thread that, poaching members of competing forums will not be tolerated/permitted. Knowingly or unknowingly of the rules, GS posted our contest link on several other detecting forums, to which he was very up front about, when acknowledging his mistake. Further...

He apologized to me. While gentlemanly & considerate, I explained that the apology instead needed to be directed at the forums where he posted the links, specifically to the mods/admins.

These types of communities are VERY protective of their members (and rightfully so). Just as I wouldn't walk into a restaurant and start handing patrons flyers to MY restaurant while they were eating, there is a mutual respect/understanding between the folks that run communities like ours.

I only thought it was right to apologize to the powers at the other forums, which I was going to follow up on myself with my OWN apology, to which Delbert took Liberty with.

Rules are rules, which, again, were made quite clear in the thread. If I bent the rules for one person, not only would it NOT be fair, it wouldn't be what this site stands for.

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
02-09-2015, 11:27 PM
And I never asked for the rules to be bent. I did not hide anything and ratted myself out.

I am not trying to eavesdrop but have not figured out how to leave the forum.
02-09-2015, 11:47 PM
(02-09-2015 11:27 PM)gcsod45 Wrote:  And I never asked for the rules to be bent. I did not hide anything and ratted myself out.

I am not trying to eavesdrop but have not figured out how to leave the forum.

Again, if you leave, it is on your own accord. You will be excusing yourself, as I never suggested you had to pull your membership. On the contrary, I simply suggested a clear way to remedy the issue. I think an apologize from BOTH of us to the admins of the other sites is a class act.

Joe

02-11-2015, 12:42 AM
I respect that you realized the mistake and take the actions to rectify it. No need to leave though!!
02-12-2015, 05:24 PM
m still receiving message in ref to this.

This was my last reply to that admin

In the first place when I advised you about what I had done I asked to be removed from the contest.

I have been busy the last couple of days so have not had time to get on here.

And at this time I will have nothing else to do with this forum. Please remove immediately.

Thank you sir. I would remove myself but have not found a place to remove my membership.

You are still talking down to me over a simple mistake that I made. It was unintentional and I reported myself. I understand what you are saying and I have made the effort to remove the links and apologize to try to keep everyone happy. But now I no longer wish to be associated with your forum.

Thank You
02-12-2015, 05:35 PM
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 06:04 PM by NjNyDigger.)
(02-12-2015 05:24 PM)gcsod45 Wrote:  m still receiving message in ref to this.

This was my last reply to that admin

In the first place when I advised you about what I had done I asked to be removed from the contest.

I have been busy the last couple of days so have not had time to get on here.

And at this time I will have nothing else to do with this forum. Please remove immediately.

Thank you sir. I would remove myself but have not found a place to remove my membership.

You are still talking down to me over a simple mistake that I made. It was unintentional and I reported myself. I understand what you are saying and I have made the effort to remove the links and apologize to try to keep everyone happy. But now I no longer wish to be associated with your forum.

Thank You

Your wish is my command, your account is now null & void...you have been banned.

Joe

02-12-2015, 05:49 PM
If only he had read the instructions. Instructions are important.

PittsburghWill, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men"  Willy Wonka

I've lived. Not always well, but long enough.
02-12-2015, 05:58 PM
*Please note - As I'm sure you've already noticed, the user above was banned, as of a few minutes ago.*

I've been running this place for a bit more than 2 years now, and as most members can attest, I'm a pretty easygoing guy, and I run a VERY liberal community. Additionally...

In the two years time, I've held numerous contests, promotions & giveaways. All of them, EVERY single one, was conducted under the fairest of conditions, offering not only full transparency, but, also the opportunity for every member of our community to get involved in, and have a chance to win.

I CLEARLY posted the rules for this current contest, in its own thread. Further, I EXPLICITLY stated that no member shall post their contest link on competing detecting forums. This is spam. And isn't playing the game fairly. Yet...

Whether this user didn't bother to read the rules, or simply felt like ignoring them, he went and spammed other sites, looking to pick off their members.

Out of the blue, this person PM'd me and told me what he did. He also told me he didn't want to be included in the contest. I respected that, and told him I thought that was the best decision.

I told him he was free to remain as a member however, and there would be no ill will, under one condition...

That he took down the links he posted, or, told me where each of them were placed, so I can go in and offer the site admins an apology. My request was met with complete silence, and last I checked, there were indeed still links posted on other forums.

I sent this member yet another PM, and he finally responded, simply telling me he wished to have his account deleted.

I have complied with his request.

Joe

Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)