I found a clay pipe stem but...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
04-03-2016, 06:48 PM
I found a clay pipe stem but...
Quote this message in a reply
I lost it! I've been going crazy looking for it. I'm really hoping it turns up so I can try and date it! It's my first pipe stem I've ever found. Been wanting a pipe stem or head and a arrow head as a eyeball find for awhile now. If I find it I'll be sure to post a pic of it in my next show and tell of buttons or coins.

Happy hunting all and enjoy!

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
04-03-2016, 08:27 PM
RE: I found a clay pipe stem but...
I hope you find it bud. I love finding those. How do you date them? Is there a website or are you just really knowledgeable?

RelicMedic, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Nov 2014.
04-03-2016, 08:28 PM
That's a bummer but hopefully it will turn up.
I have dropped finds in my pouch and missed the pocket, it happens.
There are more out there because the pipe stems were really long and the user would break off a piece every now and then to get more smoke down the stem.

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.
04-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Tony, I found it! Check it out in show and tell.

Relic, the size of the hole. Google how to date them and it'll come up! I'm not exactly what to use or how to do it but I'm gonna figure outYes

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
04-04-2016, 05:59 AM
(04-03-2016 09:42 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote:  Tony, I found it! Check it out in show and tell.

Relic, the size of the hole. Google how to date them and it'll come up! I'm not exactly what to use or how to do it but I'm gonna figure outYes

Where was it?

Thevipermc, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Dec 2015, swinging a garrett ace 200i
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2016, 11:33 AM
Don't feel bad, Z, I am VERY poor with tracking my finds Sad I always START the year in good order, but over the course of the season, I forget to empty my pouch, will unknowingly leave things in my pockets, etc. It's common for me to be rifling through a drawer or box, and stumble upon a silver I forgot about finding, or some cool relic I never posted. It's not intentional, just ACD (accidental scatterbrain disorder) Chuckle

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Just dated my pipe stems Thevipermc 2 310 04-11-2016 04:25 PM
Last Post: Thevipermc
  Dating my first pipe stem! Zachbl92 5 989 04-08-2016 09:41 AM
Last Post: Thevipermc

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)