Just received my new Test Kit!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
01-09-2016, 03:34 PM
Quote this message in a reply

Thanks Treasure Classifieds! Thanks Joe!

Attached File(s)
.jpg  1452368045_digital-scale-gold-testing-kit-tn.jpg (Size: 5.28 KB / Downloads: 17)

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015. Took some time off
but back now in 2018.
01-10-2016, 07:08 AM
RE: Just received my new Test Kit!
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2016 07:09 AM by updownup.)
Congrats BigTony! Got a question concerning testing. Does this damage chemical testing damage the jewelry or coin with a small spot of discoloration? Or do you file it in a spot less noticeable? (Which does damage it a little) Thanks in advance for info.

Note: I don't have to worry at the moment, I can't seem to be able to locate precious metals. lol

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-10-2016, 04:16 PM
(01-09-2016 03:34 PM)Bigtony Wrote:  Just received my new Test Kit!

Thanks Treasure Classifieds! Thanks Joe!

You're welcome, and sorry for the delay. Hope you get some use out of it Happy

(01-10-2016 07:08 AM)updownup Wrote:  Congrats BigTony! Got a question concerning testing. Does this damage chemical testing damage the jewelry or coin with a small spot of discoloration? Or do you file it in a spot less noticeable? (Which does damage it a little) Thanks in advance for info.

Note: I don't have to worry at the moment, I can't seem to be able to locate precious metals. lol

The acid tests of silver & gold pose almost no harm to coins and/or jewelry, for you're not putting the solution on the coin or jewelry itself, but rather, on a tiny scraping sample via a testing block. The only real issue might be, would one want to scratch a potentially rare coin or piece of jewelry in order to get a testing sample? In that case, I would say send the piece out to a professional. In 99% of other cases however, where the pieces are fairly common, it's a non issue.

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
01-10-2016, 05:14 PM
Yeah, cool Joe, thanks again.

I would only test the jewelry that I find.
As for old silver coins -
I wouldn't test a coin - if is a US coin I know which ones are silver.

There are fakes and counterfeit coins out there but I would believe that they would ID on the machine as silver and many of those are magnetic. That is another post all by itself (nuff said - if someone is selling you an old silver coin for peanuts - test it with a magnet before you buy).

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015. Took some time off
but back now in 2018.
01-11-2016, 03:07 AM
Hope ya find something sweet to test it on!
Gl and HH
Zach

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
01-11-2016, 09:39 PM
Yeah, must try harder for AU this year......

but back now in 2018.
01-31-2016, 10:09 PM
That's a nice kit! I've always wanted to try it. Another 500 coins and I may give it a go. The digital scale would be nice to have too. I have some silver that I'd love to weigh.

RelicMedic, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Nov 2014.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)