Last 2 hunts at the site I've been going to...21 silvers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
11-15-2016, 01:47 AM
Last 2 hunts at the site I've been going to...21 silvers
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2016 01:55 AM by DigDugNY.)
Quote this message in a reply
So for those who saw my last post, I got permission at a really good spot with a friend and our first day there was a great success. I have been there 2 more times since that post and the second time I went I found 8 silvers coins plus a silver horseshoe charm and then I went again just a couple days ago and got 13 silver coins, one being an awesome 1943 half dollar, and I also got a silver back plate to a pocket watch. I have also found tons of wheats and Indians, but I still haven't found the best way to clean them so I havent been touching them. About 12 of those silvers were found in a 30'x30' area. It's just insane what this place is giving up. I love it! Thanks for looking

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Detectors used: XP Deus ws4 11" coil, Minelab Sovereign GT
11-15-2016, 03:44 AM
RE: Last 2 hunts at the site I've been going to...21 silvers
I know it's 2:00AM so I must still be asleep and dreaming! No it's true; I just pinched myself and it hurt. DigDug this is insane!! How could your first post "Barber Heaven" get any better? All I can say is WOWEEE and way to go! Thanks for posting and continued good luck. Please keep showing us your digs. I'm sure "envy" will be PeeWee's secret word for the day.

I use a Lortone vibratory tumbler to polish stones and I think some members here have said they use the same device to clean coins. You can get ceramic pellets to use instead of grit, and they will help soften the cleaning action. I'm guessing you would want to examine for rarity before proceeding. Anyway I'll bet you will get lots of good advice from other readers very quickly on the cleaning aspect.
Yes  Beer x 10

shadeseeker, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
11-15-2016, 06:56 AM
What a sweet haul all that silver in one area is crazy I'm happy to get 1 silver out of these heavy hunted parks! Gratz on the big hits!

Cladjunky From Cleveland Mooning
Makro Racer with 7x11 coil
F75 with 11 inch and 15 inch coil DST
RT6DETECTORS.COM for the best deals!
AT Pinpointer and Lesche 31 inch
11-15-2016, 09:28 AM
Fabulous location! Congrats on all the silvers! This is a dream come true for sure, not just for you but for anybody just looking at this post! Do you have any idea what that many people were doing in that particular area?

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
11-15-2016, 11:36 AM
HOLY COW!! You found almost as many silver as I have found so far this year! Grid that place out! Nice going.
Gerry

Gerry F, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2014.
11-15-2016, 12:14 PM
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2016 12:20 PM by DigDugNY.)
(11-15-2016 03:44 AM)shadeseeker Wrote:  I know it's 2:00AM so I must still be asleep and dreaming! No it's true; I just pinched myself and it hurt. DigDug this is insane!! How could your first post "Barber Heaven" get any better? All I can say is WOWEEE and way to go! Thanks for posting and continued good luck. Please keep showing us your digs. I'm sure "envy" will be PeeWee's secret word for the day.

I use a Lortone vibratory tumbler to polish stones and I think some members here have said they use the same device to clean coins. You can get ceramic pellets to use instead of grit, and they will help soften the cleaning action. I'm guessing you would want to examine for rarity before proceeding. Anyway I'll bet you will get lots of good advice from other readers very quickly on the cleaning aspect.
Yes  Beer x 10

Thank you for the kind words...I'm still surprised myself. I never would have thought I'd find a place like this, but I am going to keep hitting it until it's dry. Haha

(11-15-2016 09:28 AM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote:  Fabulous location! Congrats on all the silvers! This is a dream come true for sure, not just for you but for anybody just looking at this post! Do you have any idea what that many people were doing in that particular area?

Ed

Thank you! It really has been a dream of mine to find a place like this, it makes up for a lot of trips without finding silver over the years. And idk what that spot was used for to be honest. The area is right by a couple of the oldest buildings and there are just tons of signals. There are a lot of nails and iron mixed in with the good stuff. All I know is I'm thankful they did whatever they did in order for me to find these coins years later, haha!

11-15-2016, 12:22 PM
Lots of nice silvers! Congrats!

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-15-2016, 01:25 PM
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2016 01:26 PM by NjNyDigger.)
That is insane! You obviously know exactly what you're doing, but I would keep hunting that spot until there wasn't a single signal left to be dug Yes

It appears that you found a virgin spot, or as close to it as possible. Those are tough to find nowadays. If you're digging a lot of big silvers, I would say the place was never hunt, or never hunted well, and it's obvious you're going to be having many more multi-silver hunts in your future.

To clean indians or wheats, you can let them sit for a week or two in an olive oil bath. That will help loosen any crud, and if you go in afterwards with a toothpick or soft bristled toothbrush, you should be able to clean most of the debris away. Just make sure the coins aren't worth any $$$ before doing so. If they're very dirty, with caked on dirt, you can try repeating the olive oil bath, or try zapping them with electrolysis, which works well on copper coins.

Some people never clean their copper coins, even if they're worth zilch, as they prefer the original dug condition, but if they're in terible condition, I like to try and bring out the coin's details. Comes down to personal preference.

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
11-15-2016, 02:14 PM
(11-15-2016 01:25 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote:  That is insane! You obviously know exactly what you're doing, but I would keep hunting that spot until there wasn't a single signal left to be dug Yes

It appears that you found a virgin spot, or as close to it as possible. Those are tough to find nowadays. If you're digging a lot of big silvers, I would say the place was never hunt, or never hunted well, and it's obvious you're going to be having many more multi-silver hunts in your future.

To clean indians or wheats, you can let them sit for a week or two in an olive oil bath. That will help loosen any crud, and if you go in afterwards with a toothpick or soft bristled toothbrush, you should be able to clean most of the debris away. Just make sure the coins aren't worth any $$$ before doing so. If they're very dirty, with caked on dirt, you can try repeating the olive oil bath, or try zapping them with electrolysis, which works well on copper coins.

Some people never clean their copper coins, even if they're worth zilch, as they prefer the original dug condition, but if they're in terible condition, I like to try and bring out the coin's details. Comes down to personal preference.

Joe

Thanks Joe! Yea this place has never been hit before I can basically guarantee that, haha. There's so much still to be dig, I could probably keep hitting it for years.

A lot of the wheats and Indians I'm digging are coming out of the ground with that green crust on them...that has always been the biggest hassle for me when trying to clean coppers. I don't want to ruin them though so that's why I want to sit on em until I can at least see if any are key dates

11-15-2016, 07:47 PM
Congratulation on the awesome finds! I agree, that ground is special and holding lots of history. Hope you find all of it. Good luck.

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  2 hunts , 2 silvers Digsit 5 86 09-26-2017 03:04 PM
Last Post: ohioturkeyhunter
  Four different hunts - silvers #74 - #79 leo aranza 4 623 09-30-2016 08:30 PM
Last Post: Ohio Dirt Fisher
  Past 2 hunts scored 4 silvers. WildDigger 5 443 10-25-2015 09:08 PM
Last Post: WildDigger
  2 hunts on Friday,silvers #50 & #51 leo aranza 7 1,363 05-17-2015 08:32 PM
Last Post: bulletbob

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)