learning curve

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
01-17-2015, 12:17 AM
learning curve
Quote this message in a reply
I got out for a hour or so today with the V3I , I have a big learning curve from the DFX.
Found little clad and usual junk nothing to talk about. Pinpointing with the D2 coil is different than the 950 concentric coil on the DFX. It's about what I expected for the first time out with new detector.

biggredd1972, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013. Proud to be using a White's DFX with sunrayDX1 inline probe.Newly added in Jan/2015 White's V3I.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-17-2015, 12:30 AM
RE: learning curve
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2015 12:31 AM by NjNyDigger.)
(01-17-2015 12:17 AM)biggredd1972 Wrote:  I got out for a hour or so today with the V3I , I have a big learning curve from the DFX.
Found little clad and usual junk nothing to talk about. Pinpointing with the D2 coil is different than the 950 concentric coil on the DFX. It's about what I expected for the first time out with new detector.

I'm jealous, no getting out here in NJ!!! As with anything else in life, repetition is key Yes Generally speaking, most hunters don't START getting comfortable on a new unit until they've had 30 to 50 hours on it. So, take it slow & enjoy the process. That's one of the beauties of learning a new machine - that wonderful discovery phase. I predict you'll be posting some great stuff by spring, Redd Happy

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
01-17-2015, 03:01 AM
Good luck with the new toy!
01-17-2015, 07:43 AM
That's one of the main reasons I've avoided the V3i

for those who spend the time with one though seem to do really well with it

hope to see some of the finds you make with it Yes

Beer

MichiganRelicHunter, proud to be a digger since 1977
01-17-2015, 10:04 AM
Good luck with it. I studied it for a while. I like the different graphing capabilities over the spread of the frequencies. I have a fella up here in my area that loves his. He's found a lot of stuff with it.

I agree with Joe. Once the light bulb up in the noggin goes off it's, "Off to the races!".

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
01-17-2015, 11:01 AM
Yes the V3i is one nice machine I used one for a year and can say I didn't know it all or even very much. It was too hot for where I live in wiscosnin had to tune it down, That's when I got the VX3 not as complicated and smoother operation

Steveo, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jun 2013.
01-17-2015, 11:51 AM
Great machine a friend of my has one ,it took alittle time but he has mastered it now. You too will be showing of some great finds soon.

proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Aug 2013.
01-17-2015, 03:33 PM
Yes I know it would take a while to get it but at the deal that I got it I will take the time to master it.

biggredd1972, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013. Proud to be using a White's DFX with sunrayDX1 inline probe.Newly added in Jan/2015 White's V3I.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How long is the learning curve when you purchase a new detector? Bigtony 7 672 04-06-2015 05:33 PM
Last Post: samrussell

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)