Looking forward to go detecting this next weekend.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
08-07-2016, 07:57 PM
Looking forward to go detecting this next weekend.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2016 07:58 PM by updownup.)
Quote this message in a reply
My friend and I plan to hit the sands this next weekend. We always have fun, but hoping we both get something real nice.

Ready to take the excal out there for further testing with the new coil. So far, it has done well, expect onetime when it went crazy and was unstable. Not totally sure why, several environmental elements were involved. I think it is super sensitive to thunder storms.
I know, I should not be out there during a lighting storm. But my wife and I was caught on the beach about three miles from our room. She was worried when I told her I could her the lighting strikes in the headphones. I also told her, its probably not the best idea to be carry this scoop & metal detector either. I said a little prayer, and marched on. She made me turn it off to speed up our getting out of harms way.

So kids, don't get yourself in that situation it might be your last.

I'll keep everyone updated even if its a crusty penny. Good luck folks, hope you find time to go!

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
08-07-2016, 09:37 PM
RE: Looking forward to go detecting this next weekend.
Good luck Up!! Have fun!!

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
08-08-2016, 07:52 AM
(08-07-2016 09:37 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote:  Good luck Up!! Have fun!!

Ed

Thanks Ed, plan to have a good time anyway.

08-08-2016, 05:31 PM
Best of luck to you! We are all looking forward to seeing your great finds.
Pat

Digsit, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2016.
Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.
08-08-2016, 07:23 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2016 07:24 PM by updownup.)
Thanks Pat! I started the post to give everyone heads up because like most of you I can't seem to get enough detecting time. You name it, from mother-nature to family do's always something preventing us from going.

Plus, I have abused my time detecting when I first started or at least that's the impression I was getting from family. So I trimmed it back to what is acceptable to my best friend (My wife). She doesn't mind me enjoying something I like. Every now and then she has made plans for us for the up coming weekend. Few times it was not communicated and we both made plans and there was tension in the air. Now she knows to give me notice or I will make plans. lol.

But the real reason for posting was there was not one new post all day. I felt bad for the site, especially when I see a lot of people viewing topics but few commenting on them. But I have noticed this at all the metal detecting sites on the web. More in the shadows than being active.

Anyway thanks guys, and good luck to you too!

08-08-2016, 10:39 PM
Best of luck man! Hope ya get some gold YesYes
I'll finally be getting out myself soon too. Keep ya updated YesYes
Gl and hh

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
08-09-2016, 10:00 AM
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2016 10:49 AM by shadeseeker.)
Good luck to you on your beach hunting plans. It would be great to see a couple of nice ritzy rings posted here to revive our interests. It has been slow of late on the forum---just so hot and dry that many regulars can't get out.  I try to post a few comments here when something new comes up, but feel a little guilty doing that since I'm not an active hunter and not contributing to the site with new finds in "show and tell" and other topics. Probably won't be doing even that much longer as my wife's back reconstruction has failed (titanium rod broke) and she will have to go back in hospital in a couple of weeks to have it all redone in yet another major operation. Still, I love to see what others are doing, so everybody keep it up!
By the way, please be careful with storms on the beach. We don't want any harm to come to you. 3 people have been hit by lightning on Carolina beaches in the past few weeks.

shadeseeker, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
08-09-2016, 12:01 PM
Thank you Shadeseeker. Please continue adding your comments to the forum, regardless if your activity metal detecting. There is so much more to the community than show and tell. Don't get me wrong, we all enjoy seeing what others are finding and it adds some excitement thinking we might find something nice too.
Equally important is to reply to the poster with a hell yea, or good job, congratulations if it's a show & tell even if the find is common to you. Heck, I would do back flips to find another mercury dime.

My youngest son has two rods in his back due to back disease called scheuerman osteochondrosis. (Hunch back). Was a rough time in our life. We managed, he has a job, fiance, and a baby on the way. I'm proud of Travis. I'm proud of my other son and daughter too.

Wishing you and your wife wellness with a speedy recovery. When you do get to go hunting I hope you find something real nice!

You are in our prayers.

08-09-2016, 10:52 PM
We appreciate your words of encouragement as we head to surgery. It means a lot to my wife that friends she has not yet met are pulling for her. Glad your son's procedure was successful and that he is doing well. Big medical problems can play havoc with our lives, and that makes us realize what a blessing good health is.

I'm still hoping to see big finds from your beach hunt.

shadeseeker, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
08-12-2016, 08:48 PM
Gear is ready, now I need rest. 7 hours before the drive!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  *New Way Forward* NjNyDigger 6 423 01-13-2017 09:49 AM
Last Post: NjNyDigger
  Big Weekend! NjNyDigger 1 309 06-07-2014 08:35 AM
Last Post: deathray
  Happy Easter Weekend Fella's! Ohio Dirt Fisher 1 377 04-18-2014 08:12 PM
Last Post: NjNyDigger
  Weekend is here Scottoh 13 802 03-16-2014 10:17 AM
Last Post: Steveo

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)