Lost my water scoop

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
08-12-2017, 10:25 PM
Lost my water scoop
Quote this message in a reply
How can you lose a scoop you might be asking! Well, I don't know but I did. So things kept falling thru my other scoop so I only got 1 good item in the water. No marking, probably stainless steel. Heavy!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

ohioturkeyhunter, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Aug 2016.
08-12-2017, 10:34 PM
RE: Lost my water scoop
That's a real nice find OTH. Probably Tungsten if it's real heavy. They are the rage now for some reason. I lose Hori, Hori diggers in the woods all the time. I think I'm at 2 now. I actually lose them and then months later find them, sometimes, then lose the damn things again! I don't like tethers but I could see a scoop disappearing in the waves and surf though. Clad Junky has a real nice strap he uses for his that's from a gas powered string trimmer. Haven't heard from him in a while though.

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
08-13-2017, 09:27 AM
It's a hand scoop that I modified and turned into a water scoop. It's 3 feet long. It's like the one in the picture. How could I lose something 3 foot long. I hope I didn't drive off and leave it at a parking lot.

Could be tungsten, ODF, feels heavier than SS! I fixed it and put it around my neck and it would bug me to wear something that heavy.

ohioturkeyhunter, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Aug 2016.
08-13-2017, 07:12 PM
I am on vacation and my first trip to the beach I had the same problem ,The waves were a little bigger than what I would have liked and my cheap idiot cord must have broken because I reached down for it and it was gone. A half hour later I still hadn't found it and I just wrote it off.
  I didn't find a nice necklace like yours to soften the blow though.
  Congrats on a good find.
Pat

Digsit, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2016.
Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.
08-16-2017, 02:56 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2017 03:20 PM by shadeseeker.)
I lost my car in the parking lot at Wal-mart the other day! So if I could miss something that big, you're excused for losing the scoop. Sorry for your trouble, but you did score a nice piece. I've seen a number of tungsten pieces on the posts lately, so Ed is probably right about its popularity in jewelry. A quick explanation might be in order: I lost my car because I forgot that I drove the truck into town. Spent a long time looking for a car that wasn't there before I realized what I had done. Something you can look forward to as you age!

shadeseeker, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
08-17-2017, 12:00 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2017 12:07 PM by Digsit.)
Hey Shade , you should try my wife's method , she hits the panic button on the key fob until it makes a noise. She even did it once when I was waiting in the car for her , what a way to wake up from a nap.Wink.

Hey OTH , I like the scoop design ,when I get home from vacation I think it will be on my project list!
Pat

Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.
08-17-2017, 01:12 PM
(08-17-2017 12:00 PM)Digsit Wrote:  Hey Shade , you should try my wife's method , she hits the panic button on the key fob until it makes a noise. She even did it once when I was waiting in the car for her , what a way to wake up from a nap.Wink.

Hey OTH , I like the scoop design ,when I get home from vacation I think it will be on my project list!
Pat

It works really well!! I made two. The one in the pic is my dry sand scoop. The one I lost basically the same but I welded finer screen on it so nothing would go thru scoop while in neck deep water. I know if it goes thru the holes it's not a coin or ring but it could be a diamond earning so I find it hard to walk away from a signal. The scoop is a hand scoop that I used a 3/4" thin wall conduit and put an offset in it. Took bicycle handle bar grips on it.(bottom grip really not needed.) took 2 u-bolt clamps and a 1/4" bolts and connected it to the scoop.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-19-2017, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the pics and description , they will be helpful.
Pat

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lost wedding band found ohioturkeyhunter 6 128 07-18-2017 07:26 AM
Last Post: Kajunman
  Water detecting ohioturkeyhunter 5 222 06-05-2017 04:59 PM
Last Post: ohioturkeyhunter
  Water finds ohioturkeyhunter 5 334 03-17-2017 08:38 AM
Last Post: updownup
  Lost keys Zachbl92 4 474 12-19-2015 03:44 PM
Last Post: Bigtony
  Mountain Gold and Silver 5 rings in the scoop! WildDigger 5 549 09-07-2015 06:11 AM
Last Post: WildDigger

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)