Merc in my Change?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2016, 05:33 PM
Merc in my Change?!
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2016 05:34 PM by NjNyDigger.)
Quote this message in a reply
I always hear the stories about guys getting silver in their change after paying in a store. While it's happened to me, It's only been Washington's, or an occasional rosie...never a merc. So...

Imagine my surprise when I look down into the little compartment in my car this morning, where I throw my spare change, and see a merc staring back at me!

I thought it was a mirage or something, do to it never having happened before. I wasn't sure if maybe I found one, and then put it there somehow or what, but I quickly shot that theory down, as I ALWAYS keep my coin finds in my pouch or pockets. I never even take them out till I get home to rinse them.

All of which leads me to believe I DID manage to get a merc in my change SOMEWHERE, and just tossed it in my coin compartment along with the rest of them, without noticing.

I really wish I knew what store it was!!!

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
04-10-2016, 05:45 PM
RE: Merc in my Change?!
Gotta love when that happens!!! I once had an indian head penny in my change from Tim Hortons

RelicMedic, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Nov 2014.
04-10-2016, 10:44 PM
Nice catch, wtg! As you say ---- it counts!

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.
04-10-2016, 11:29 PM
Wonder where that one came from. Can't believe it's been in circulation all these years. A kid sneaking it from his dad's stash? Have to echo Tony's take on it--luck counts too. Nice catch.

shadeseeker, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
04-11-2016, 08:08 AM
Sometimes things just have a way of finding people who will appreciate it. You must have done something right. Good karma. That sorta thing. It's still counts as a silver find.

biggredd1972, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013. Proud to be using a White's DFX with sunrayDX1 inline probe.Newly added in Jan/2015 White's V3I.
04-11-2016, 10:57 AM
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2016 10:57 AM by NjNyDigger.)
(04-11-2016 08:08 AM)biggredd1972 Wrote:  Sometimes things just have a way of finding people who will appreciate it. You must have done something right. Good karma. That sorta thing. It's still counts as a silver find.

Well, whatever it is, It's an extra silver that I DIDN'T have, so, as you say, It's a win, Redd. Still bizarre, though. It was a later one, a 42. Like I said, first time ever for me, if indeed it came in my change, and probably won't happen again for a good long while, lol.

Joe

04-11-2016, 11:59 AM
I found a 1943 Canadian penny in my change back from a cheese steak last week. Never really got anything old before or cool yet. Congrats on the silver! Best of luck on the barber!

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
04-11-2016, 04:28 PM
(04-10-2016 05:33 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote:  I always hear the stories about guys getting silver in their change after paying in a store. While it's happened to me, It's only been Washington's, or an occasional rosie...never a merc. So...

Imagine my surprise when I look down into the little compartment in my car this morning, where I throw my spare change, and see a merc staring back at me!

I thought it was a mirage or something, do to it never having happened before. I wasn't sure if maybe I found one, and then put it there somehow or what, but I quickly shot that theory down, as I ALWAYS keep my coin finds in my pouch or pockets. I never even take them out till I get home to rinse them.

All of which leads me to believe I DID manage to get a merc in my change SOMEWHERE, and just tossed it in my coin compartment along with the rest of them, without noticing.

I really wish I knew what store it was!!!

Joe

Wow,well a silvers a silver and you just got one! You don't need a detector, just the good old shops!!! Gl and hh!

Thevipermc, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Dec 2015, swinging a garrett ace 200i
04-11-2016, 06:07 PM
That would be a pleasant surprise. I recall a friend of mine got one from a store. About 20 years ago. Only one I seen or heard about in change other than your luckiness. Happy

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
04-12-2016, 11:04 AM
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2016 11:04 AM by NjNyDigger.)
At some point the odds MUST fall in one's favor. I've been digging a ton of nickel signals the past 2 seasons, but no real gold ring, only crappers. Then a merc shows up in my change...go figure!

Joe

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  check your change guys!! shadeseeker 6 320 10-21-2016 09:20 AM
Last Post: updownup
  A buffalo in my change Digsit 10 587 07-06-2016 07:39 PM
Last Post: PittsburghWill

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)