Mud, Ice and SILVER!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
03-10-2014, 10:18 PM
Mud, Ice and SILVER!!!!
Quote this message in a reply
I took my new used SE out with the 12x10 coil to go see how it works for the first time. Fiddled with this and that, ruined 2 completely good hand towels that I had in the truck with mud, changed settings 6 or 7 times to see what was what in a trash infested metro park I've been over a dozen times with my Delta and learned I may have had the sensitivity up just a little too high. But had a ball. It was a regular pig sty, I came home looking like I own a farm, but with a smile through all the dirt. Trash not shown, it's trash, ya know!!! (about 15 pieces) Here are the results:

And I am going to have to clean my machine:

March 10, 1952 was my late wifes' birthday. She was smiling down on me today!
Thanks Barb!!!!!

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
03-10-2014, 10:36 PM
RE: Mud, Ice and SILVER!!!!
The SE is a silver monster,congrats! Looks like you had a good time.

I use a minelab SE pro!
03-10-2014, 10:53 PM
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014 10:57 PM by Ohio Dirt Fisher.)
Leo, you have no idea. Another month of this white crap and I was thinking of moving to Western North Carolina with some relatives down that way. I couldn't believe my eyes when I rubbed the wet mud off that rosie. I figured everybody told me the SE is a silver magnet, but holy cow, not on the first day with some newbie running the controls all over the place. Wet clay mud, iced ground 2 inches down, water filling the hole, rang up just like the book said, 3 -28/29 solid, 4 inches down, except for a little piece of nail about 2 inches out from the hole. I am flabbergasted. And I can immediately see why the Sun Ray Probe is all the rage. (Garrett PP here) I can't wait until I really learn the machine. I was getting 0 - 29's every ten to 15 feet at a dead 12" plus with some in hi tone flutter. I would have needed a water pump to get at them. There still there though and summer is a coming. And I'll be a diggin!

03-10-2014, 11:06 PM
broke that machine in right!!

My empire of dirt.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-11-2014, 05:11 AM
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014 05:14 AM by NjNyDigger.)
Did I tell you that you were going to love that machine or what?!?! Freakin silver on the first go with the machine, AWESOME! Little story...

I tend to be a very against the grain type of person. If you say 1, I say 2. If you say it's going to rain, I say it won't. It's not a smart-ass thing, but rather, I hate being the type of person who's a follower. Who jumps on the bandwagon. Like Sinatra said: I like someone who does it THEIR WAY. With this in mind...

I tried almost every machine under the sun over the years. And they all pretty much worked to some degree, yet, nothing to right home about. Then, one day, I got my hands on a 1021 CZ, that was tuned by the master himself, Dankowski. Holy crap, that thing was a coin beast! When the right machine & the right spots match up...watch out Wink Found a ton of $hit with that machine, then, I busted it...

Was too lazy to send it in for repair, and you know us hunters, we always want the latest & greatest, so, I went through another cycle of machines I really wasn't impressed with. All this time...

My buddy Fluke was using a simple Minelab Safari. And was racking up silver on every outing we made like a vacuum. Now, he's damn good, and has a LOT of experience, but, I'm pretty good myself. Couldn't figure out why he kept whipping me. He always used to say; "It's the machine Joe, I'm telling you. Best I've used in 30 years". Of course, I fought him tooth & nail over his theory. I said no, it wasn't the machine, it was his experience, and the spots we were hitting. And he was humble and said yes, that plays a factor too, but, the machine gets virtually all the credit. Anyhow...

Moral is, I fought going Minelab for years. Didn't want to do what everyone else was doing. And boy was I STUPID, lol. Once you learn them, there's no going back IMO. Coin monsters...especially silver. It's those damn tones!!! 

Are you in love with your new baby yet? If not, you will be soon!!!

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
03-11-2014, 11:26 AM
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014 11:27 AM by Ohio Dirt Fisher.)
Thanks Joe,

Not in love yet, just courting. Chuckle I've a lot to learn. It's like sex. You just don't know what the woman really wants until you've known her a long time! LOL
I was going to go out again today but the dog has a grooming appointment at 1:00 pm. Damn dirty dog.

The SE is my second detector. I can honestly say that I so thoroughly know that Delta 4000 that I reached every limit it had. That took three years. I can see or feel into the ground with that machine. Literally. But only up to a limit.

I was a little hesitant to get the SE and knew that with it, I'd be re learning the process. One thing I have learned already is Andy Sabisch is correct that the SE has every option a detectorist could have for detecting, except for being totally waterproof. I'm certain that if I spend the time that I did with the Delta that sense of being part of the machine will return. That's my motivation right there. I've always been a problem solver at heart. It may take a while to figure the problems out because of all the parameters of the SE, but that's when I get up and start swinging, so to speak.

As to finding that rosie on my first outing, well, I'm still in shock and trying to grasp the potential of the SE from the settings I had input. I also Noise Cancelled about 5 minutes prior to that find as well, and about every 30 minutes throughout.

All I can say is SILVER #1 for 2014 and lookout, cause here I come with my SE!!!!!!!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  First gold with ice. updownup 12 468 12-04-2016 07:20 AM
Last Post: updownup
  1850s/60s Field Digs, Cows, Mud and the CTX w/6" Coil :D MichiganRelicHunter 3 524 06-15-2015 09:26 PM
Last Post: Kajunman

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)