MX Sport Comparison Video

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
02-10-2016, 09:43 PM
MX Sport Comparison Video
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2016 09:48 PM by Smokey.)
Quote this message in a reply
I know there has been a ton of talk about this detector, and let me caveat this by saying I'm not a huge whites fan (I don't think they are bad, just haven't clicked with them), but this video makes me want it.

It's a comparison between a MXT, MX5, and the new MX Sport.

What are your thoughts? 

I think whites has done a great job marketing this product too....

Here is the link : 
https://youtu.be/3IyByr3nQc4

Fisher CZ3D and Ace 250 w/ 5x8 coil.
2016: Clad: $8.61, Wheaties: 13, Silver : 4 mercs, 2 Rosie, 1 washington, 1 .925 sterling ring (5.73g).
Lifetime Totals: Clad $51.48, Silver: (4 Rosies, 9 Mercs, 3 Washingtons, 1 Barber Quarter). 50 wheaties. Sterling: 17.41g
02-11-2016, 07:50 PM
RE: MX Sport Comparison Video
Looks pretty sweet for sure. I'll wait for it to come out and see the flaws and reviews and possibly get one later for sure. Thanks for sharing !

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
02-11-2016, 09:44 PM
Your hearing about folks comparing the new Racer2 with the MXS.
Especially the air tests. That's going to sell a lot of buyers on the Racer 2.
I really didn't care for the MXS, the audio, the erratic threshold, turned me off.

But, them you have to take in account for the video the threshold was turned way up so you can hear it. The gain was cranked up as well. backing off on both for normal hunting should smooth-en things out. As for the air test, from past experience, some detectors you can get to do some magical air depth results but, generally all the settings are cranked up to max. A lot of machines you could actually do a real hunt in those settings. Or when you put the coil to soil, actual depth is far far less. Some machines don't have a fantastic air test depth, coil to the soil tests prove the detector has the same depth performance as the hot shot detector.

From watching the MXS video it may not be a Racer 2 but, in the field if its as good as the MXT and waterproof...it should be a solid performer. Personally would rather hunt with relaxed smooth hunting style detector than one that operates like its on 10 cups of coffee. It's easy to get caught up in the Racer 2 hype and excitement and want one. Take a step back or two back and really take a good hard look at the hunting you do and style machine you currently use.

I thought I would like the Racer 2 over the White's, then re considered.
Then I have to ask myself, do I really need another machine? Ah, yes....a freshwater, waterproof VLF machine  which I don't have. That has to be better than what I have owned in the past.

Nokta Impact, Deteknix Quest Pro,Teknetics Mark 1
Self built Mirage PI's --- they work great!!
Free Vintage Metal Detector Catalog Downloads, Tips, Mods
http://www.treasurelinx.com/home1.html
02-12-2016, 12:59 AM
(02-11-2016 09:44 PM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote:  Your hearing about folks comparing the new Racer2 with the MXS.
Especially the air tests. That's going to sell a lot of buyers on the Racer 2.
I really didn't care for the MXS, the audio, the erratic threshold, turned me off.

But, them you have to take in account for the video the threshold was turned way up so you can hear it. The gain was cranked up as well. backing off on both for normal hunting should smooth-en things out. As for the air test, from past experience, some detectors you can get to do some magical air depth results but, generally all the settings are cranked up to max. A lot of machines you could actually do a real hunt in those settings. Or when you put the coil to soil, actual depth is far far less. Some machines don't have a fantastic air test depth, coil to the soil tests prove the detector has the same depth performance as the hot shot detector.

From watching the MXS video it may not be a Racer 2 but, in the field if its as good as the MXT and waterproof...it should be a solid performer. Personally would rather hunt with relaxed smooth hunting style detector than one that operates like its on 10 cups of coffee. It's easy to get caught up in the Racer 2 hype and excitement and want one. Take a step back or two back and really take a good hard look at the hunting you do and style machine you currently use.

I thought I would like the Racer 2 over the White's, then re considered.
Then I have to ask myself, do I really need another machine? Ah, yes....a freshwater, waterproof VLF machine  which I don't have. That has to be better than what I have owned in the past.

Awesome post.

There is just something intriguing about the Racer and not considering it at the time of my post, both the Racer 2 and MX Sport are in the same price range, and I would likely lean towards the Racer 2.

... But like you said having the waterproof capabilities... Keeps the mind wandering

2016: Clad: $8.61, Wheaties: 13, Silver : 4 mercs, 2 Rosie, 1 washington, 1 .925 sterling ring (5.73g).
Lifetime Totals: Clad $51.48, Silver: (4 Rosies, 9 Mercs, 3 Washingtons, 1 Barber Quarter). 50 wheaties. Sterling: 17.41g
02-12-2016, 07:34 PM
Only way to satisfy your curiosity is to get one of each, you'll know first hand which one fits you better.   Wait for the actual hunting reviews if short on cash. Then maybe wait for a used one to crop up.

02-13-2016, 10:57 AM
I like your thinking. Only problem is, my wife doesn't. Videos it is...for now

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-13-2016, 02:53 PM
(02-10-2016 09:43 PM)Smokey Wrote:  I know there has been a ton of talk about this detector, and let me caveat this by saying I'm not a huge whites fan (I don't think they are bad, just haven't clicked with them), but this video makes me want it.

It's a comparison between a MXT, MX5, and the new MX Sport.

What are your thoughts? 

I think whites has done a great job marketing this product too....

Here is the link : 
https://youtu.be/3IyByr3nQc4

I kinda feel the same about Whites. I can't knock'm, as they probably make some of the toughest machines out there. And their customer service is pretty much unbeatable, but, I too never really clicked 100% with their units. I swung an MXT for a couple of years, and truth be told, it was a good machine, and I found a decent amount with it. But we never gelled. Part of it was the weight & ergonomics, part of it was depth issues in my soil, etc.

Again, superb company, but I feel they need to catch up with the times. Lighten those units, lose the 10lb. control boxes, and work on either a solid advanced depth unit, or a cutting-edge separation machine. Yes, they have the V3i, which is a mind blowing piece of electronics, but there's a lot of fiddling to get them to work right.

To be honest, I'm one of these guys where, once I find something that's working, there's no need to tinker with it. So, I tend to stick with one or two machines, learn them well, and stick by them. Not sure as a deep coin hunter if anything could trump a Minelab, for me.

I will say this, the design factor alone on this new machine is new territory for Whites, and they deserve credit. They're trying to keep pace, and come up with something for the times.

A lot of guys liked the salt setting feature on the MXT's, and that audience might love the aspect of this being waterproof. I think they're trying to go after the AT Pro niche with this. At least that's my belief.

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-13-2016, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the link I really like to see the difference in the video. Hopefully soon I can see it in person. If I can get it soon enough and get to try I might take it to England but normally I don't like to try out new machines when I am on vacation so far away

Steveo, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jun 2013.
02-13-2016, 09:47 PM
Wow, I felt the same way when I had my MXT. I had the 6x10 DD coil on it was an excellent machine. Found tons. With the 950 coil it drove me nuts, almost wrapped it around a tree good thing I switched coils.

It balanced better with the 6x10 but, still not perfect. Took it to Georgia with me, in the soils around Kennsaw, depth it was getting was very poor.  Instantly made my mind up and sold it. Eventually got a Sov XS that worked very well, didn't come with a coil. My mistake was buying an Excalibur Horse shoe coil for it. Felt like I was swinging an anchor. Should have been smart and found the correct coil for it instead of selling it off. That was a sweet detector.

More power to White's to bring out a new machine for the masses. They have a better cosmetic appeal than square metal boxes from days of old. Besides folks are wimps these days sitting behind computers all day, can't swing those metal lunch box machines.

02-14-2016, 07:05 PM
Patience is a virtue. A hard one for me to wrap my hands around. But neither the MXS or Racer 2 have enough to make me want to part ways with my current stable. It's going to take something truly innovative for me to consider getting another machine.

I have 3 best friends. Their names are Ace 350 , AT Pro ,  and a Fisher F 75 but I like people too.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)