My first little hunt with the new T2 SE with DST

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Find all posts by this user
03-18-2015, 10:24 PM
My first little hunt with the new T2 SE with DST
Quote this message in a reply
I had a little time to kill this morning. It was around 20° F out and kinda windy. I just couldn't wait anymore. I had to try my new toy. The ground was froze about half inch deep, but very diggable. I know one thing. It's gonna take some time to get used to this thing. It's so quiet. I had it in BP with disc 4 and sens 90. Not one little snap, crackle, or pop could be heard. The only noise was when it found something. Before I was done I also gave the FA mode a try. It seemed to work very well. The tones are very fast in FA. I didn't get enough time on it to give any type of review yet. It's gonna take some time to play with all the modes and settings and even figure out how I like to use it best. It was fun swingin it finally. I didn't find much. I'll show and tell a picture anyways.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

PittsburghWill, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men"  Willy Wonka

I've lived. Not always well, but long enough.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-18-2015, 10:30 PM
RE: My first little hunt with the new T2 SE with DST
FINALLY! I thought you retired from detecting Tongue

So, how much of an improvement is the new machine versus the old? What's the most notable difference, aside from the chatter, in your opinion?

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
03-18-2015, 11:00 PM
(03-18-2015 10:30 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote:  FINALLY! I thought you retired from detecting Tongue

So, how much of an improvement is the new machine versus the old? What's the most notable difference, aside from the chatter, in your opinion?

Joe

No not retired yet. I wish I was retired from work so I could just go to digging in the morning instead. I have alot of things to try on this machine still. Obviously the quietness is a huge improvement. It is now the quietest detector I have used. I really want to put some more time into the FA mode. The targets really seem to jump out at you in FA. I gotta get into some thick iron with it. This should be a fun summer.

PittsburghWill, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.

03-19-2015, 02:04 AM
Nice to see you getting out, I wish I could pull myself away from my muscle car build.

Remember when your cup holder sat next to you in a mini skirt and tank top?
03-19-2015, 09:20 AM
Good to see you out and at it again. Can't wait to hear further reports on the new machine.

Mike Miller, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Dec 2014.
03-19-2015, 11:10 AM
It appears that you were trying for gold with all of those pesky bits

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015. Took some time off
but back now in 2018.
03-19-2015, 12:31 PM
(03-19-2015 11:10 AM)Bigtony Wrote:  It appears that you were trying for gold with all of those pesky bits

I tend to run without discrimination and dig most solid tones. Unless I'm in a spot loaded with pulltabs. Then I'll be a little more picky. This spot is an old park that's as close to really being hunted out as you will find. So there isn't a whole lot of anything. I still pull some cool stuff out of there though. When you dig it all, you never know what might surprise you.

03-19-2015, 08:24 PM
Oh wow, that is difficult, digging it all - that is.

I try that for the first 15 minutes, then I surrender

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015. Took some time off
but back now in 2018.
03-19-2015, 08:34 PM
(03-19-2015 08:24 PM)Bigtony Wrote:  Oh wow, that is difficult, digging it all - that is.

Me, too!!! Lol

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
03-19-2015, 09:30 PM
(03-19-2015 08:24 PM)Bigtony Wrote:  Oh wow, that is difficult, digging it all - that is.

I can't cherry pick. I just can't do it. Sometimes I try, but I just can't. It's no fun.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)