My first ring returned.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
08-30-2016, 12:32 PM
My first ring returned.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2016 01:05 PM by updownup.)
Quote this message in a reply
Me and my friend (Bryan) went hunting last Saturday.
I was approached my a guy saying his wife lost her wedding band the day before. That had 35 years of sentimental value. I told him me & my friend will try to find it.

She gave a detailed description of ring and location. She knew the ring was loose and felt it when it slipped off. We calculated tides and determine tide was coming in about 3 hours from low tide.

After a hour still no ring, and the lady, husband and teenage son were leaving. Before she left i got her number.
We were several miles from car and the parking meter was going to need to be fed soon. We said 10 more minutes then we have to leave. WOW Bryan finds it! We are both excited, people on the beach were excited. Folks are telling us we are awesome! We ended up meeting her at the restaurant to give back her lost ring. It was a heart felt moment for all of us. She was crying, and emotional. After getting this picture of my friend Byran and her. She gave us $50 bucks to pay for parking and buy us lunch. Lucky for her Bryan found it. It was at the waters edge. I wasn't looking there. We both think the waves brought it closer to shore since it was a light ring. Bryan gives me credit in coordinating this recovery and split the reward with me.

I got permission to post this picture and to keep her information confidential. Just remember her as a Happy Lady!

One more excitement, we left there to go to another beach. Bryan's first signal was a 10k ring!
I didn't find anything great, but i had a awesome day.
[attachment=8719]
[attachment=8720]

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
08-30-2016, 01:00 PM
RE: My first ring returned.
Bravo!!   Well done Updown and Bryan. That's the kind of story I like to read when metal detecting is being discussed.  Finding the second ring has got to be a bit of karma too. You should submit this to a newspaper___ great press for you and our hobby.  Wish I could pat you on the back and shake your hand!CoolYes

shadeseeker, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
08-30-2016, 07:25 PM
Exemplary work! Congrats to both of you for the effort! And Brian gets the Karma on the next hunt. Everything is a circle!

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
08-30-2016, 08:14 PM
Awsome! 35 years is a long time to wear something, hope i can do that someday maybe help Ed on one of this recovery jobs!

Cladjunky From Cleveland Mooning
Makro Racer with 7x11 coil
F75 with 11 inch and 15 inch coil DST
RT6DETECTORS.COM for the best deals!
AT Pinpointer and Lesche 31 inch
08-31-2016, 07:58 AM
Great job ! It is a wonderful feeling returning a ring to it's rightful owner.  People like you give our hobby a great name.
HH
Pat

Digsit, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2016.
Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.
08-31-2016, 11:47 AM
I love hearing stories like that! Great work. Metal detectorists get a bad rap and stories like this show that there are people that care. That lucky lady will be telling this stories for years. Congratulations!
Gerry

Gerry F, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2014.
08-31-2016, 08:59 PM
Thanks to everyone that gave us the thumbs up. I know you would have done the same. Hope everyone gets this chance. It was very rewarding.

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
09-01-2016, 01:42 PM
Awesome job!!

ohioturkeyhunter, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Aug 2016.
09-01-2016, 06:08 PM
That's what I'm talking about man .. true aBeer:beer:mbassador to the hobby .. YOU DA MAN

Detecting is more than a hobby, it is a passion
09-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Kudos and good karma to you! Well done boys!

RelicMedic, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Nov 2014.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Class ring returned. Dan(NM) 6 516 09-14-2015 02:00 PM
Last Post: CMan1

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)