My New Toy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-11-2017, 11:27 PM
RE: My New Toy
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2017 11:40 PM by NjNyDigger.)
Quote this message in a reply
(03-11-2017 11:06 PM)bulletbob Wrote:  Joe, I use Andy Sabisch's program been working great for me. Here is a link to Andy's program on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZRWtZY6_sQ

Thanks, Bob! Yeah, Andy's program seems to be the go-to program for most park hunters. I will definitely try it out, but I generally prefer to run as open as possible. Did you use a Minelab prior to the Etrac, Bob, or was it another brand? If you've been using it for four years, you obviously like it, and are very good with it. I was tempted to go for the CTX, but I just can't justify the price for the type of hunting I do. And I actually think the tones are better on the Etrac, too. But the CTX has the quicker processor, which is its main draw.

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
03-11-2017, 11:57 PM
Congrats on making the jump up to the new Etrac and hope you have great success with it. I know this move has been in the works for awhile. The weather looks to be dicey for a few days, but once spring really breaks through I'm sure you'll be posting neat finds for us consistently.  Glad it has all worked out for you.

shadeseeker, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
03-12-2017, 02:13 PM
(03-11-2017 11:27 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote:  
(03-11-2017 11:06 PM)bulletbob Wrote:  Joe, I use Andy Sabisch's program been working great for me. Here is a link to Andy's program on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZRWtZY6_sQ

Thanks, Bob! Yeah, Andy's program seems to be the go-to program for most park hunters. I will definitely try it out, but I generally prefer to run as open as possible. Did you use a Minelab prior to the Etrac, Bob, or was it another brand? If you've been using it for four years, you obviously like it, and are very good with it. I was tempted to go for the CTX, but I just can't justify the price for the type of hunting I do. And I actually think the tones are better on the Etrac, too. But the CTX has the quicker processor, which is its main draw.

Joe, the Etrac is the first for me, before that I had a whites DFX, didn't like it. Than my best detector for its time the Whites spectrum XLT, still have it. I brought a Garrett AT pro last year and put on a Detech Utimate 13" coil on it, was out the other day with it and found my first indian 1905, an a merc 1919 about 10" down for this year.I think you will like the etrac, just takes alittle time to get use to it.

proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Aug 2013.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2017, 04:19 PM
Bob, the DFX (for its time) was one of the best, top-selling units. A lot of guys loved them, a lot hated them. They were very difficult to set up correctly, and I know the depth wasn't the greatest, especially compared to the newer units of today.

I had the AT Gold for a while, SPECTACULAR speed/separation unit, which is why I bought it, but I found the depth & VDI info to be lacking. I would get solid coin numbers from every direction - many of which sounded deep - only to dig them up and find a bottle cap or shallow piece of clad. I used the Gold on a few iron heavy sites I had, and pulled many keepers other machines missed out on, but that's only because they were shallower targets that were masked. Great unit for that purpose, but I just couldn't seem to get any keepers beyond 6" with it. That was when they were first released though, and came with the smaller stock coil. I know they have the larger coils now, which would obviously help more. With the Ultimate, I'm not surprised to hear you were getting those depths.

Good luck with the coming storm, you and I are in the bulls-eye. Could be upwards of 20" if everything lines up right!

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
03-12-2017, 06:50 PM
Congrats on moving up the ladder with the Etrac Joe! You'll be killing it in no time!

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
03-17-2017, 09:11 AM
Congratulations on your new machine! My friend luvs his etrac and i know it's good too. I try not to walk in his footsteps. Didn't take long to figure that out. Lol. Joe, i know your a hell of a hunter and will do well. I look forward to seeing your discoveries!

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Look at my new toy PittsburghWill 12 696 09-23-2014 09:09 PM
Last Post: MichiganRelicHunter

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)