Near zero degrees , and I hit "gold" :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
01-07-2018, 01:46 AM
Near zero degrees , and I hit "gold" :)
Quote this message in a reply
This evening my neighbor's 20 some year old Daughter came to my door looking quite upset , it seems she had been barrowing her mom's "gold" earrings without asking and she had lost one somewhere in the house. She asked if I could metal detect for it.
I told her because of nails in the floors and walls that it would not be possible. After talking about it for a couple minutes I asked if it could be in the trap in the sink. I also asked if the drain pipe was PVC. She wasn't sure , so I grabbed the Garrett Propointer and followed her.
Sure enough , the drain was PVC and the Propointer chirped away at the trap. A few minutes of disassembly and reassembly and one happy lady was trying to give me a reward. I told her just a thanks was all that was needed. The picture is my normal unclear shot , this time snapped quickly on the cheap cell phone camera and emailed to the computer , but at least it is a picture.
The "gold" earring is unmarked and seemed a little poorly made for gold , but she sure was in a panic over losing it. She is happy and I got a kick out of "detecting" in January with the temperature at about 0 degrees.
Stay warm and HH
Pat

Digsit, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2016.
Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.
01-07-2018, 01:57 AM
RE: Near zero degrees , and I hit "gold" :)
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2018 02:03 AM by Ohio Dirt Fisher.)
Pat!!!!

You should be a detective in whatever category that is because even I wouldn't have thought of that! The nails in the floor thing would have made me the BAD cop right from the getgo! Glad it worked out for you and keep up the great detective/detecting work! All my drains here are PVC. And these apartments were built in the 70's. Lemme go check!!!!

Great deductive reasoning and great post!

Ed

-4F at this hour. Furry dog wants to melt in with me beddy by wise! https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/.../KOHOLMST2

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
01-07-2018, 02:04 AM
I have rescued a couple of my wife's earings from our traps , it seems to be a common place for women to lose them. No detective genius here , just life experience and a bit of luck.
I hope your search of the traps yields up something better than hair clogs! I am looking forward to our regional warmup I don't know if it will be enough to thaw the ground , but my fingers are crossed.
HH
Pat

Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.
01-07-2018, 07:05 PM
I wasn't expecting any traffic on the forum today with all the cold and snow, so I was very happy to see this great story. Nice bit of sleuthing to come up with the sink trap solution. I know you made her day! Hope you get enough of a warmup to do something outside soon. It was an even zero here at 5:30 this morning when the power went out. Panic time! Just got it back a few minutes ago after being out for about 12 hours. We used some back up heat and did OK. Weatherman says we may see mid sixties by Thursday. Stay warm up there Pat, and glad you got the jump on everyone with the first gold of the year!

shadeseeker, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
01-08-2018, 10:39 AM
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2018 10:45 AM by Digsit.)
It is "improving" weather wise 32 degrees and 3 inches of slushy snow. The roads suck and the kids have no school. A chance of freezing rain tonight and 2 days with highs in the 40's. I am happy for the warmth (relatively) , but I could do without the precipitation , I guess I live in Michigan , I should expect it.
Thanks for the replies guys , I did not expect to be posting a find anytime soon . I hope someone out there gets some good weather or goes on a detecting vacation , I need a dirt fishing fix, there are only so many PVC traps and ladies needing help out there.Tongue
HH
Pat

Shade , I hope your power stays on and your 60's sound awesome. Ed , you are lucky , I get my daughter's cat snuggling with me ( I work nights and sleep days and he gets lonely), I am more of a dog kinda guy.

01-08-2018, 12:10 PM
great story . reminds me of the time my wife lost the diamond from a ring that belonged to her grandmother , she was at Walmart that morning and noticed the diamond was gone when she got back home, well you know the chances of finding a diamond at Walmart inside or out in the parking lot...she was sick about it...I went and looked in her car ,didn't see a thing there so a little later I thought maybe it would show up with a flash light , sure enough there was the diamond on the floor mat .what's the chances of that ? she was a happy camper , she did get the diamond reset and now the ring doesn't leave the house..ithe ring is well over a 100 years old

looking 62, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Nov 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-09-2018, 02:38 AM
Nice job!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hit a Arizona ghost town on Sunday. leo aranza 6 67 02-16-2018 12:38 AM
Last Post: MichiganRelicHunter
  Hit a park, some lots and a trail = 3 silver's leo aranza 4 126 10-11-2017 08:02 PM
Last Post: updownup
  Hit a new permission last month. Some firsts! RelicMedic 6 148 09-30-2017 09:05 PM
Last Post: MichiganRelicHunter
  Hit the newer trail again. leo aranza 5 177 08-16-2017 02:51 PM
Last Post: shadeseeker
  Hit a newer trail this morning leo aranza 4 226 07-23-2017 09:48 PM
Last Post: Ohio Dirt Fisher

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)