New to hobby in Indiana

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
06-26-2014, 12:19 PM
New to hobby in Indiana
Quote this message in a reply
I am new to the hobby even though i have been wanting to do it for awhile now.  I just bought a Garrett Ace 350 because i read alot about them and for the price i just couldnt say no to get into this hobby.  

My name is Zach Starkey and i live in indiana obviously i own a piece of property that was built in the early 1900s so i cant wait to get started on my own yard.

Cant wait to start talking to a bunch of people on here and get in the know about everything

Thanks

Zstarkey, Garret ACE 350 and a Garrett Pro-Pointer, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jun 2014.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-26-2014, 12:24 PM
RE: New to hobby in Indiana
Welcome to the addiction, Zach! That Ace will do you more than fine in your journey. Even better, you have access to an old property Yes Private property is the best place to hunt, so, I predict you'll be off to a roaring start Happy

Dig everything in the beginning, and learn the language of your machine. After you find some treasure, make sure to come back and show us Beer

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
06-26-2014, 12:24 PM
you sure picked the right place to start, this is a great forum with some really great members.
the 350 is a great machine to start with. we look forward to hearing from you and enjoying all your great future finds.

Happy Hunting ... and welcome to the group ...

Bones ...
06-26-2014, 12:35 PM
Hello Zach and welcome! You picked a great detector to begin with. I have a friend with an Ace 350 and he is very successful with it. Take time to learn it and what it's telling you and I'm sure you will be off in no time finding history. And you have a nice yard to start off in to boot! Looking forward to your future posts and finds!

Detectors used: XP Deus ws4 11" coil, Minelab Sovereign GT
06-26-2014, 12:58 PM
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2014 12:58 PM by PittsburghWill.)
Welcome to the forum from Pittsburgh PA.  That yard should be full of good stuff.  My house was built in 1950 and I found silver right away in the backyard.  Also I found coins going back to 1889 out there. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions.  The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

PittsburghWill, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men"  Willy Wonka

I've lived. Not always well, but long enough.
06-26-2014, 05:15 PM
Welcome Zach,
The Ace 350 is an excellent machine, I have only been detecting since November of 2013 and also just have an entry level machine. I have also only hunted in my own yard to this point, but have found some really incredible stuff. I look forward to seeing your finds and reading your comments as you begin this journey to discovering history. You may also want to video your digs, many of us do this and its fun to share the finds with others as they happen. 

I Dig History, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Mar 2014.
Can you dig itBeer

Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics Delta 4000 & Whites TRX Pinpointer
Mobius Action Cam
06-26-2014, 08:15 PM
Zach, welcome to the forum from NE Ohio! That's a fine Garrett machine and a real good one to start detecting with. Check in when you can and let us know how it's going. Be more than happy to help you out!

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
06-26-2014, 08:31 PM
welcome the guys on this sight are great for all kinds of info and really helpful on identifying strange things

ffkevin29, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jun 2014.
06-26-2014, 10:40 PM
Welcome to the forum. Good luck and happy hunting

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Not a Newbee to the hobby.... K. Wills 7 217 06-13-2017 09:07 PM
Last Post: Sven TreasureLinx
  Now in SW Indiana soilman 4 283 02-26-2017 11:41 AM
Last Post: updownup
  almost new to the hobby shadeseeker 5 440 10-12-2015 09:30 AM
Last Post: Padiggydirt
  New to the hobby,I would like myself to introduce....myself.. Padiggydirt 8 504 10-05-2015 02:28 PM
Last Post: CARDS4
  Indiana checking in... indiana_mike 7 501 07-14-2015 04:23 PM
Last Post: bulletbob

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)