Not moving here..............................

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
01-31-2017, 10:31 PM
Not moving here..............................
Quote this message in a reply
I came across this on the Canadian Forum

Don't Detect Here or Be Screwed

Nokta Impact, Deteknix Quest Pro,Teknetics Mark 1
Self built Mirage PI's --- they work great!!
Free Vintage Metal Detector Catalog Downloads, Tips, Mods
http://www.treasurelinx.com/home1.html
01-31-2017, 10:45 PM
RE: Not moving here..............................
Man Sven, you ain't kidding! Remind me never to go MD'ing there. That rules list sounds like you need a lawyer, (Oops, barrister.), on speed dial!

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
02-01-2017, 05:33 AM
I live one province over, and I'm sure if you read the actual laws that were drawn up when Christ was a cowboy, the same would be true here. I believe it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission in this case. If they want to spend the money, time and effort to uphold those laws, have at it...I can be as sneaky and self centered as they can Chuckle

RelicMedic, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Nov 2014.
02-01-2017, 09:35 AM
Wow!  Might as well ban the ownership of detectors outright. That law doesn't leave much wiggle room, even on private property. Be careful where you go Sven and Medic.

shadeseeker, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2017, 04:13 PM
(02-01-2017 05:33 AM)RelicMedic Wrote:  I live one province over, and I'm sure if you read the actual laws that were drawn up when Christ was a cowboy, the same would be true here. I believe it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission in this case. If they want to spend the money, time and effort to uphold those laws, have at it...I can be as sneaky and self centered as they can Chuckle

Exactly! I'm pretty sure you're a law-abiding citizen, R.M., as am I. But when it comes to asinine rules regarding a harmless hobby, I just have to laugh.

If I went solely by written ordinances, and only that, I would probably lose about a third of my hunting spots. The truth is, if one conducts themselves properly when out detecting, fills in their holes, and doesn't draw too much attention to themselves, the vast majority of the time, nobody will pay you any mind...regardless of what the rule books say. Some historical places should not be detected at all, and are rightfully closed off, but the government is starting to paint ALL places with the same broad brush, and that doesn't sit well with me.

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
02-01-2017, 06:34 PM
yeah,, I don't even live close to NS which is located NE of Maine.

Nokta Impact, Deteknix Quest Pro,Teknetics Mark 1
Self built Mirage PI's --- they work great!!
Free Vintage Metal Detector Catalog Downloads, Tips, Mods
http://www.treasurelinx.com/home1.html
02-02-2017, 04:58 PM
That place sounds terrible! No keeping finds?!? Thanks for sharing, sven! Gl and hh!

Thevipermc, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Dec 2015, swinging a garrett ace 200i
02-09-2017, 10:18 PM
WOW and all this time I thought everything is against the law in America. Hope it never gets that bad here. Happy

Dreams are Free Reality cost Money.
Metal detecting is like a box of chocolate,
you never know what you will dig.
02-10-2017, 12:51 AM
(02-09-2017 10:18 PM)tickpicker Wrote:  WOW and all this time I thought everything is against the law in America. Hope it never gets that bad here. Happy

Unfortunately it won't be long before we're going to be living under the same Draconian rules as more and more people relent to the insatiable desire to have to show off everything they find on the internet detecting forums , resulting in every body who sees the pics and videos going out and buying the cheapest beep and dig detector they can and then going to the nearest venue and tearing the hell out of the ground or raiding the nearest "old" site for whatever piece of metal they can scrounge out of the ground under the guise of "protecting history" when in fact they just want to run home and make a video or post up a picture out of their days "handiwork."

The death of detecting was the birth of the internet "show me" mindset. the die is cast. Detectorists are their own worst enemy.

Dusty, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Aug 2013.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)