Not really a wasted hunt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
04-23-2016, 01:56 PM
Not really a wasted hunt
Quote this message in a reply
My daughter had a practice she had to go to so I thought it was a chance to hit a park just a little way from it.
  When I parked the car I could see a few ugly holes , and of course I got to work filling them back in. Just about the time I was finishing up a kid (about 12 or so) parked his bike and asked me what I was doing.
   I told him that I like to metal detect and that someone else had detected here and had left nasty holes that not only could cause someone to get hurt , but could cause the parks department to ban detecting in the park.
   The kid owned up to it , he had bought a used detector and was looking for "something cool" that was worth a lot of cash.
  I took the time to show him how to dig a plug and even gave him a cheap trowel that I carry with me as a back up digger. He had been using an entrenching tool to dig before.
   We even found a couple of clad coins before the cell phone took me back to being Dad's Taxi.
   I am hopefull that Shane will become a better detectorist because of my 45 minutes of a "wasted" hunt.
 I brought home only the pull tabs and can slaw that we dug , but I think I did ok on this hunt.

Digsit, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2016.
Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.
04-23-2016, 05:58 PM
Thumbs Down RE: Not really a wasted hunt
It's good to hear that you took time to teach the proper way to detect. YesYes two thumbs up for a job well done. Hope that the detecting karma catches up way you and you find something cool worth lots of money. Lol

biggredd1972, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013. Proud to be using a White's DFX with sunrayDX1 inline probe.Newly added in Jan/2015 White's V3I.
04-23-2016, 10:36 PM
RE: Not really a wasted hunt
What you did with that young man . I tip my hat to you digsit. True ambassador to this hobby. Great job

Detecting is more than a hobby, it is a passion
04-23-2016, 10:39 PM
Thanks guys , I only hope that there are more of us that would take the time and have the patience to help a kid or any newbie out.

Digsit, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2016.
Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.
04-24-2016, 11:31 AM
That's nice that the two of you got together. I went out with my brother yesterday and we do this about every six months because of schedules. He doesn't detect much. So much so that he forgot he has a pinpointing feature on his coinmaster. It was real cool to see him digging multiple holes out in the woods after walking half a mile to the spot and forgetting his Garrett PP in the car!! He would yell at me from the distance, "It says Nickel/gold ring, what should I do?", I'd yell back "Dig it!" Chuckle (Shotgun headstamp!)

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-24-2016, 11:40 AM
Way to go, Digsit Yes Thanks for schooling the new generation on the hobby.

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)