NY detecting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
07-13-2016, 07:41 PM
NY detecting
Quote this message in a reply
Hey guys, I am going to be heading to the Syracuse NY area next week. If anyone is out that way, I'd like to hook up with ya and maybe do some detecting. Never detected in NY, so I have no clue what the low down is..
Thanks in advance!
Jerry.

Padiggydirt, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
07-13-2016, 08:34 PM
RE: NY detecting
Hope you have a permit! (LOL!! Just kidding!!) Good luck on the trip. My brother and I are supposed to be going out to a farm on Sunday! There's some kind of old foundation there and he wants "me" to check it out! I love my brother!!

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
07-13-2016, 09:13 PM
Ya, I did some reading up on detecting in parks and I guess you do need a permit. Kinda pointless when I am only going out in the evenings after work for a couple hours. Have to see how it plays out I guess.

07-13-2016, 10:24 PM
Padigger, I am not certain if you need a permit in that town. In NY City you do need one.
Here is an email address you can reach out to and ask a question
bob@nedetectors.com

Bob sells Whites detectors and runs a club or is active in the clubs near Albany/Catskill area.

Good luck and have some fun!

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-14-2016, 10:31 AM
Jerry, if it wasn't so far - 4+ hours - I'd meet up with you myself. Most parks everywhere you should be fine at, but just make sure to look for signage about metal detecting around the outskirts of the parks. If you don't see any, you're good to go. Most importantly, if you do not see any signage that specifically say metal detecting is prohibited, do NOT ask a single soul for permission...just grab your detector and hunt. Very few (if any) people usually know the local ordinances when it comes to metal detecting, and, even if they do not, they are oftentimes very quick to give a curt "no", just to cover their behind.

Have fun, and let us know what you find Happy

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
07-14-2016, 12:37 PM
Thanks for all the input fellow detectorist!!! Now I just have to do research on historical events and I will be good to go!! Might knock on some doors while I'm out there too, worst they can say is no!!! Happy hunting and remember to hydrate!!!
Diggy.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-14-2016, 01:09 PM
My opinion, I think you'd be best served by door knocking. As you said, worst you can hear is a few no's, but, if you can get on just one old property, you could walk away very happy. Don't underestimate the parks, though, too, as from my experience, most parks still have many chances for silver and old coins. Just make sure to slow way down and really investigate the trashy signals and/or faint hits.

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)