Off to a good start!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
04-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Off to a good start!
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2014 09:53 PM by NjNyDigger.)
Quote this message in a reply
Ok guys, after work I had about 2 available hours so I went swinging of course... What else would I do with spare time, a detector, and thawed ground? Any way I got seven more wheat pennies the oldest being a 1921 and the most recent a 1944 (Wednesday my oldest wheat was a  1911). I found a 1944 merc that I'm pretty happy about.. It's a 44' plain but it's still a merc. The other goodie I found is a tiny little child's ring. I mean it's tiny, about the size of a dime. But it is sterling. It's marked sterling ESPO? I googled it and I think it's a makers mark from an Esposito jewelry Co. It has the letter "L" on it. It's not spectacular but it's a silver ring so I'll take it!!!

Sorry about the pics guys I know they are not that good but it's all I can do for now. Hopefully I can get a better camera this year.

PAunderground, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Mar 2014.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2014, 09:52 PM
RE: Off to a good start!
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2014 09:54 PM by NjNyDigger.)
Fantastic!!! Mercs are one of my favorites! And a silver ring, too! You should have more of those 'short 2 hour hunts', lol. Glad the ground thawed. Now if we can just get rid of all this rain! If it's not one thing it's another Tongue

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
04-04-2014, 09:54 PM
Nice,silver and wheats my favorite weekend snack!

leo aranza, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jun 2013. I use a Minelab CTX 3030.
04-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Your favorite weekend snack! Leo, sheesh! Are you a tones guy? Lend me your ears!

Nice finds there PA. Those 44's must be all over the place. That's the first and "only" year I found in a Mercury. It just goes to show that persistence and knowledge has it's rewards. I wish you the very best of persistence and knowledge this coming season. Where in PA are you? I lived in Berwick, between Bloomsburg and Wilkes Barre, for 9 years. Never detected there but fished and hunted extensively.

HH in PA, PA! It's a Common Wealth.

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
04-04-2014, 11:17 PM
Ohio, I'm not to far from Wilkes Barre. I'm about an hour - hour and a half northwest of there. I'm from Sullivan county I recently moved a little farther north into Bradford county. Right now I'm hunting private properties that I secured over the winter. Hopefully I can keep the momentum going this year. I have several good places to go lined up. I did plenty of research on public places and got permission from land owners this winter. If I can keep this up I will be a very happy metal detector guy this year.

PAunderground, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Mar 2014.
04-04-2014, 11:22 PM
I am a tones guy,just trying to be funny.

leo aranza, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jun 2013. I use a Minelab CTX 3030.
04-04-2014, 11:30 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2014 11:43 PM by Ohio Dirt Fisher.)
Just nudgen you Leo! I wish I had bragging rights like you do. You are THE BEST! Don't fool yourself. I wish I did have your ears.

(04-04-2014 11:17 PM)PAunderground Wrote:  Ohio, I'm not to far from Wilkes Barre. I'm about an hour - hour and a half northwest of there. I'm from Sullivan county I recently moved a little farther north into Bradford county. Right now I'm hunting private properties that I secured over the winter. Hopefully I can keep the momentum going this year. I have several good places to go lined up. I did plenty of research on public places and got permission from land owners this winter. If I can keep this up I will be a very happy metal detector guy this year.

Holy Cow!

If you get up to God's country in Bradford Co., you'll find an old farm junkyard who my friend's father owned since the 40's. It's the ""Hunter" Property"". Look it up. We shot a lot of deer up there on the mountain and when no luck that season, bought some pigs at the auction and divvied them up with scrapple loafs to boot and our own load of meat to take home for the weeks' trip. Some good times up there and enough .30 cal rounds to make the EPA nervous. Glad to know you!!

04-04-2014, 11:52 PM
Wow!! I would never have ever guessed that someone on this forum was familiar with the area I'm from. I guess it is a small world after all!!!

04-04-2014, 11:59 PM
(04-04-2014 11:52 PM)PAunderground Wrote:  Wow!! I would never have ever guessed that someone on this forum was familiar with the area I'm from. I guess it is a small world after all!!!

It is. I'd imagine that area has grown some since the 1980's. There's a place on the Hunter property on top of the mountain where you can see three counties. I told my host, Bob Hunter, that if I was still around when he knew me, I wanted my body buried there, or my ashes spread there. That's how impressed I was with the total Nature of the place.

04-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Cool find/s Yes

gotta love the silver Beer

MichiganRelicHunter, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Finally got out, not a bad way to start the year DigDugNY 7 292 04-16-2017 09:07 PM
Last Post: deathray
  Got Good and Bad, but it's all good. updownup 7 323 11-23-2016 09:31 PM
Last Post: Cladjunky

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)