One for the bucket list

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
05-30-2017, 03:22 PM
One for the bucket list
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2017 03:40 PM by Kajunman.)
Quote this message in a reply
and some other stuff on two different hunts. The circle of Wheaties surrounds my bucket list item. A Buffalo nickel. First and only one I've found. A cool old buckle. The top piece of an old compact. It's very detailed. I love the different colors in it. And a rosie out of no where. I was hunting for clad hoping for a piece of jewelry and to my surprise out pops a rosie.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I have 3 best friends. Their names are Ace 350 , AT Pro ,  and a Fisher F 75 but I like people too.
05-30-2017, 03:29 PM
RE: One for the bucket list
That is a cool compact but man the pistol buckle is awesome

ohioturkeyhunter, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Aug 2016.
05-30-2017, 06:17 PM
I agree about the buckle, that's gotta be an old one with a flintlock pistol on it. I like the compact too! Very unique. Congrats on the Buff and the surprise Rosie. If you're digging Buffs, you will be digging gold. Gold under 4 inches will hold a solid small range of #'s and tone. When it gets deeper is when it's a real toss up as to dig. My soil is so mineral laden that sometimes running full sensitivity is insane, but I do it anyway. I know also on the AT Pro that Rosies will run between 79 and 84 here in my soil. The tone though is usually pretty high, but so are screwcaps, sometimes. Being that your running an F75 the difference shouldn't be that much between the two machines, like mine and yours. Those small coils are the greatest for the trashy areas. Especially if you turn your sense down a notch or two and just look for the shallow targets. I've never found a gold ring deeper than 6". Good luck next trip there!

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
05-30-2017, 11:51 PM
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2017 11:57 PM by Kajunman.)
(05-30-2017 03:29 PM)ohioturkeyhunter Wrote:  That is a cool compact but man the pistol buckle is awesome
Thanks OTH. I really do like the buckle. It has a place in my finds display cabinet.

(05-30-2017 06:17 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote:  I agree about the buckle, that's gotta be an old one with a flintlock pistol on it. I like the compact too! Very unique. Congrats on the Buff and the surprise Rosie. If you're digging Buffs, you will be digging gold. Gold under 4 inches will hold a solid small range of  #'s and tone. When it gets deeper is when it's a real toss up as to dig. My soil is so mineral laden that sometimes running full sensitivity is insane, but I do it anyway.  I know also on the AT Pro that Rosies will run between 79 and 84 here in my soil. The tone though is usually pretty high, but so are screwcaps, sometimes. Being that your running an F75 the difference shouldn't be that much between the two machines, like mine and yours. Those small coils are the greatest for the trashy areas. Especially if you turn your sense down a notch or two and just look for the shallow targets. I've never found a gold ring deeper than 6".  Good luck next trip there!

Ed

Ed I dug a gold ring today that was pinging between foil and nickel. I don't usually dig those numbers but it paid off today. I will starting digging more of those signals.

Ya know Ed , I've found 4 golds in my short detecting career and I've only found one deeper than 4 inches.

I won't lie Ed , when I found the buffalo nickel , man I was ecstatic. I was so happy. It's always cool to hit a bucket list item.

I have 3 best friends. Their names are Ace 350 , AT Pro ,  and a Fisher F 75 but I like people too.
05-31-2017, 07:47 PM
Awsome belt buckel, always great to check one off the list. Congrats!

I use a minelab SE pro!
06-02-2017, 08:25 AM
Thanks Leo.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Does this qualify as a Bucket Lister??? Ohio Dirt Fisher 3 209 06-11-2017 07:35 AM
Last Post: Kajunman
  Bucket Lister & 1907 V!!! Ohio Dirt Fisher 5 298 06-04-2017 06:50 PM
Last Post: MichiganRelicHunter
  #16 BUCKET LISTER!!! <-1854-> Seated Quarter!!! Ohio Dirt Fisher 12 721 05-30-2017 11:33 PM
Last Post: Gerry F
  2 bucket listers and new oldest silver + more Zachbl92 14 1,194 01-31-2017 08:13 PM
Last Post: RelicMedic
  1 Bucket Lister & Oldest silver! Ohio Dirt Fisher 16 1,307 01-23-2017 10:53 PM
Last Post: MichiganRelicHunter

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)