One Nice Find

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-17-2016, 05:11 PM
One Nice Find
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2016 05:12 PM by NjNyDigger.)
Quote this message in a reply
Gerry & I went back to the real spot today, and now I remember why I don't enjoy going there much anymore Chuckle

We tried a few different areas, all of which were filled, along with a bevy of surface junk. So, there weren't that many deep signals, which the the key to finding silver around here. Probably a lot of masking happening. Gerry, struck on a rare shallow one (a merc), but aside from that, we got nada.

I did get the skeleton key however, which was my saving grace for the day, and I'm quite happy with. Funny too, as I was just talking about skeleton keys last night.

Also got 2 old copper rings (one for a small child), a rusted buckle, a God charm, and a few wheats.

Joe

Attached File(s)
.jpg  1460927436_Rings.jpg (Size: 71.98 KB / Downloads: 30)
.jpg  1460927455_Buckle.jpg (Size: 37.75 KB / Downloads: 30)
.jpg  1460927497_Skeleton Key.jpg (Size: 67.02 KB / Downloads: 30)

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
04-17-2016, 05:41 PM
RE: One Nice Find
(04-17-2016 05:11 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote:  Gerry & I went back to the real spot today, and now I remember why I don't enjoy going there much anymore Chuckle

We tried a few different areas, all of which were filled, along with a bevy of surface junk. So, there weren't that many deep signals, which the the key to finding silver around here. Probably a lot of masking happening. Gerry, struck on a rare shallow one (a merc), but aside from that, we got nada.

I did get the skeleton key however, which was my saving grace for the day, and I'm quite happy with. Funny too, as I was just talking about skeleton keys last night.

Also got 2 old copper rings (one for a small child), a rusted buckle, a God charm, and a few wheats.

Joe

Nice God charm,is it gold? Also nice skeleton key! Gl and hh!

Thevipermc, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Dec 2015, swinging a garrett ace 200i
04-17-2016, 05:48 PM
Aha, that's funny! Sweet skeleton key man. And a bunch of other great stuff.

I hit a new spot today, didn't get anything worth noting in my opinion. Odds and ends and relics. Its damn hot!

Beat of luck out there. ZachBeerBeer

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
04-17-2016, 05:57 PM
Nice digs Joe Yes

Love the key!

BeerBeer

MichiganRelicHunter, proud to be a digger since 1977
04-17-2016, 06:24 PM
The key to your heart huh Joe.  Great find i would take that any day

Detecting is more than a hobby, it is a passion
04-17-2016, 07:03 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2016 07:04 PM by NjNyDigger.)
Thanks, guys. Was pretty warm here today, Zach, but not too bad, and the humidity was down, so it was more than tolerable. Tough digging though, between all the roots and junk. Took home a feast from Smash Burger a little while ago, and it always has a way of making me feel better...burger with swiss, cheddar, bacon, guacamole, a fried egg, lettuce & tomato. Washed it down with a black & white malted Happy

I need to come up with some new spots, as the one's I've done well at over the past few years are starting to dry out. So, gonna try some local door knocking, and do a bit more traveling Yes

Joe

04-17-2016, 10:08 PM
Great find on the intact skeleton key! Know where you're coming from with the fill as there's a lot of it here all over. But at least you got the key and a Black & White!

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
04-17-2016, 10:18 PM
It did seem odd Joe, that you made comments about skeleton keys and then found one right away. And Ed came back to the posts with rings one day and the more next time out. Seems like from time to time we see patterns and coincidences in detecting.

shadeseeker, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
04-17-2016, 11:43 PM
(04-17-2016 10:18 PM)shadeseeker Wrote:  It did seem odd Joe, that you made comments about skeleton keys and then found one right away. And Ed came back to the posts with rings one day and the more next time out. Seems like from time to time we see patterns and coincidences in detecting.

You know how many times that's happened to me over the years? Ha. I even have a running joke that I simply need to say I haven't found something, and then I'll find it!

I'm not sure if Ron will remember this, but maybe a year or two ago, he hit a trifecta. Maybe a day or two later, I'm out hunting and needed a merc or something to hit one myself. But I was saying to myself, heck, even if I find it, nobody will believe 2 in a row. I was actually talking myself OUT of getting a trifecta. I never got it, and it didn't even bother me, lol. I even relayed the story to Ron.

Remember the video of me finding that Barber half? If anyone remembers, I was bitching & moaning about a week prior since I never found one. And then it came.

Arrive home from Scott's and hit a real a week later. Although, there was a bit of intel I had on that one, as I heard someone was finding reals at a spot I previously deemed "dead", which is the only reason we went back. But still, eerie.

Life works in mysterious ways. And don't for a minute think that the subconcious isn't a powerful factor in what we find. It IS, but we'll leave that for another thread one day Happy

Joe

04-18-2016, 05:31 AM
Looks like a great hunt to me! I'm still waiting for my first skeleton key.

RelicMedic, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Nov 2014.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)